I need info before I order...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fataliya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
I just hit 100 days of vaping, and am ready (already) to move up.

Of course, the fact that I accidentally put e-juice drops into my battery instead of my cartomizer kinda sped the 'moving up' plan a bit.

So. First, just HOW big is the Chuck? I'm tiny. 5'4", and my wedding ring is a size 4. Will the Chuck be too big? I like the idea of a charge lasting 3-4 days, especially the way I vape.

Where the heck do I purchase batteries? What voltage is ideal?

Can I use cartomizers with a Chuck? Will I need an adaptor, and if so, what kind?

How exactly do these work? I'm assuming I put the batteries in, juice up my cartomizer, attach it and vape away?

I know I probably sound a little stupid, but it's only been in the last couple days that I've been thinking about a mod.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Last edited:

paulspikey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2009
Henderson, KY USA
Yes the Chuck is big....I dont know exact measurements but it is about 5 inches long and an inch wide....It is heavy....maybe about 10-12 ounces with a 18650 battery in it. You could crack a skull with one easily....Yes it is by far the best personal vaporizer you can get.....very sturdy, simple to use, almost fool-proof. You can get it made how you want it. You can vape at 6 volts or 3.7 volts. I do not use anything else.

Batteries you will need: 3.7 volts-18650, 6 volts-rcr123 or cr2(with sleeve) You will need 2 of each of these.

Bekinder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Oklahoma
I just hit 100 days of vaping, and am ready (already) to move up.

Of course, the fact that I accidentally put e-juice drops into my battery instead of my cartomizer kinda sped the 'moving up' plan a bit.

So. First, just HOW big is the Chuck? I'm tiny. 5'4", and my wedding ring is a size 4. Will the Chuck be too big? I like the idea of a charge lasting 3-4 days, especially the way I vape.

Where the heck do I purchase batteries? What voltage is ideal?

Can I use cartomizers with a Chuck? Will I need an adaptor, and if so, what kind?

How exactly do these work? I'm assuming I put the batteries in, juice up my cartomizer, attach it and vape away?

I know I probably sound a little stupid, but it's only been in the last couple days that I've been thinking about a mod.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Hi Fataliya, My first mod was the Chuck. I do love it and as you say, the battery life is awesome. I use my Chuck when driving or being at home.
I am not a public vaporer. I too am on the small physical side, and my big Chuck is 5 inches without the atty or cart.

The battery I use is the one advertised on Thag built. I opted for the 3.7v
and very happy with that. I bought my batteries and charger from battery junction. If you do a search on the type and v. you wish to use, you will find several battery suppliers. I would go with what is listed of the types mentioned on Thag built. There are several postings here I've run into that supply answers as to batteries. If you go to their link (Thag Built)on the front page to post your question...someone is sure to help.
many will give you a link to batteries to use. Yes, it's pretty necessary to keep the atty wet when vaping with the Chuck. I ordered mine with the 510 tip and it's serves me well. However Jeff offers more than one tip and you can choose.

Have you found the forum here that offers so many, many great designs for the Chuck? The selection is admirable with many gorgeous designs to personalize.

Good luck to you and happy vaping. Oops, you are already on the ThagBuilt forum, am i bad?

Last edited:

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
The little chuck is only 3 inches long. The only thing is can only use 3.7 volts with it. The bigger chuck will put out more vapor and throat hit I am told. I only have the little chuck and it really doesn't put out much more vapor than the 510.The batteries do last a full day. Even the little chuck is quite heavy and it takes some getting use to. You are going from something a little bigger than an actual cigarette to something 3 times the size of a cigarette

You order the chuck with the type of adaptor you want, either a 510, 90l or 80l.

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
The Little Chuck is actually 3.5 inches long.

I have one Little Chuck and 2 Big Chucks, with another big one on order. Even though the Big Chucks can do 6 volts, I usually use 3.7 - except I use 6v with my 801 adapter.

I recommend ordering your Chuck with a 510 connector, and also order the adapter kit from Thagbuilt for $5 when you order your Chuck. That's two adapters, one for 510 to 801 and another for 510 to 901/KR088. That way you can vape with 510, 901 or 801 atomizers or KR088 cartomizers.

I started out with the Little Chuck because I was afraid that the Chuck itself would be 'too big'. But I actually prefer the Big Chucks now, especially because I can use 3.7 v batteries that last for at least two days. And the Big Chuck just gives you so much more room to 'customize' something that's unique.

I also have a couple of much smaller mods, like the Chameleon and a laser-pointer mod. They are definitely more subtle than a Little Chuck or a Chuck, and I use them when I want a 'cooler' vape. I almost always carry my laser mod on my work id lanyard with a different flavor juice in a cart or cartomizer than I'm using on the Chucks that day. I like to change flavors often. Currently I'm using carts/cartomizers with Atomic Fireball, RY4, Tequila and White Chocolate Strawberry, and I'm carrying Cinnamon Roll and Capuccino juice for when I want a change from the Atomic Fireball.

Fataliya

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2009
Tampa, FL
Thanks for the replies. I'm still confused (as far as batteries and adaptors go), so it looks like I've still got lots more reading to do. I'm not really worried about vaping with the Big Chuck at work. Some friends might crack some jokes, but hopefully no one will think I'm smoking a crack pipe wide out in the open.

The cool thing is, since it's been cold in Florida, the hubby and I and the rest of my vaping coworkers sit inside and vape and no one blinks an eye except to say how cool it is, and to ask how well it works for giving up cigarettes.

I want a Hello Kitty one. The MAC Hello Kitty logo, to be exact. I'll have to take a picture of it and hope it can be replicated.

And the battery that I put drops in finally died, I think. So now I'm down to one battery, but I stole my hubby's second battery to use, since I vape more than he does. =)

arkangel

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Chicago Suburbs
Check out the sticky at the top of this forum (here) for tons of great battery info.

Going with Chuck vs Little Chuck really comes down to 3.7v only (Little Chuck) vs 3.7v + 6 v vaping (Chuck) and the size. The thread above outlines which batteries work with each model.

For size, check out the Pix in Hand thread (here) to see the difference.

Both are built to last, both will both look and work fantastic--you won't be disappointed either way!

And I second the suggestion to get a 510 connector version and add the adapters: I've been vaping cartomizers exclusively on my Little Chucks and they work great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread