I really want to like this.. but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventus

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
US
Hi guys im new to vaping, i really need to quit smoking, a while ago i purchased a OneJoy brand ecig from a gas station (Traditional flavor on the sticker) took a few puffs and did not like it due to it having this after tast and it was just overall a bad experience, moving forward i met a guy online who uses ecigs and know alot about them and he convinced me to give them another go after introducing me to them i was verry much wanting to try again.

anyways i got 2 ego C batterys (which il be returning and switching for 2 ego c twists) 3 bouge cartomizers and 1 vision 3 version 3 clearomizer.

i got 2 different juices both 50/50

however i am running into the same issue as with my old Onejoy disposable e cig.. DAT TASTE! i dont know why and its really hard to discribe its like a Warm water or stale water taste which becomes more prominent when i exhale.. anyways i was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on what that taste is and how i can get rid of it if at all?

Thanks in advance!

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
If you're using tobacco flavoured, you'll be hard pressed to get a "good" equivalent of burning leaves. I'd suggest branching out into some of the other varieties of flavours out there. Fruits, baked goods, drinks, etc. There's ALSO a wide variety of flavour makers out there, some are better than others. I can't recommend any that would have reasonable shipping costs to you, but I'm sure you'll get some recommendations in a minute.

Eventus

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
US
WOW thanks for all the quick responses.

maybe this bit of info will help? I smoke Camel crushes i like menthol cigarettes. but this does not mean i need to have a menthol juice i dont mind trying different flavors its just that taste
I got 2 juices to start vaping with the High caliber strawberry juice from AltSmoke.com and the High caliber Blue Ice also from alt smoke

Herdo

Sep 8, 2012
Arizona
Good for you! We'll hook him up! :laugh:

Haha thanks. I think what he is tasting is that "fog machine" taste that some people get. Like I said, my only suggestion so far was some better juices. For the record he doesn't have any tobacco flavors. Just Strawberry and a Menthol and he gets this taste with both cartomizers and clearomizers.

Njt07

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2011
Ft Hood TX
did he shake the bottles first before filling? I know I have done this and sometimes the flavors are way off. Have hime try to drip a couple drops directly on the coil and vape that, if its still there then its most likely the liquid, some base liquids taste off to me, like the virgin vapors base has a weird after taste to me that I cant get past.

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Give Mister-E-Liquids a try. Their menthol is great and comes in light, medium and full flavors. Also their ice collection is great.

I smoked Newport 100s for 36 years and I think that experience killed my tastebuds. It's been 6 weeks off them and I have no urge to go back and I definitely don't want to duplicate the taste.

MEL liquids cleansed my palate especially with their lemon ice. If you like tart slightly sweet lemon flavor give this a try. It is crisp, clean and very refreshing with no stale aftertaste. Hope this helps a little.

skumby

Oct 10, 2012
ny
one thing i have noticed while vaping is that the juices i use with pg or pg/vg mix in them tend to have a funny aftertaste whereas the 100% vgs do not, i have only tried juices from 3 companys so far but anything 100pg i couldnt tolerate because of the dry waxy aftertaste i would get a few seconds after i exhale, i would suggest you give a few 100% vg juices a try from some of the more popular vendors on the forum

Eventus

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
US
Update, i just ordered 6 different 10ml bottles of juice which seemed like something i might like. these include

PB Cookie PB Cookie
Flavor Strength: "Extra" Flavor
Bottle Size: 10ml bottle
Nicotine Strength: 16 mg
Select a PG/VG ratio:: 50/50

Cinnamon Roll Cinnamon Roll
Select a PG/VG ratio:: 95% VG / 5% PG

Cinnamon Roll Cinnamon Roll

Mocha Java Drizzle Mocha Java Drizzle

Classic Tobacco Classic Tobacco
Nicotine Strength: 24 mg
Select a PG/VG ratio:: 70% PG / 30% VG

Ice ICE Ice ICE

i ordered 2 cinamon in case all else fails i can try with different pg/vg ratios.. Wish me luck i hope at least one of these works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread