I think I dropped my nicotine level too low...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
I have one year of not smoking under my belt as of a week or two ago. Went from 24, then 18, down to 12, and finally 6 which I have been on for a couple of months now. I have been vaping noticeably more on the 6, almost chain vaping, and never really satisfied. Found some 12 in the archives that I hit tonight. Wow! Now that's what I'm talking about.

I have a pretty good stash of Wakonda and Raz cup both in 6 mg. My question is can I simply buy equal amounts of those juices in 18, mix the 18 and 6, and then have a bunch of 12?

Thanks in advance.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
I have one year of not smoking under my belt as of a week or two ago. Went from 24, then 18, down to 12, and finally 6 which I have been on for a couple of months now. I have been vaping noticeably more on the 6, almost chain vaping, and never really satisfied. Found some 12 in the archives that I hit tonight. Wow! Now that's what I'm talking about.

I have a pretty good stash of Wakonda and Raz cup both in 6 mg. My question is can I simply buy equal amounts of those juices in 18, mix the 18 and 6, and then have a bunch of 12?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. You can do equal parts of 12 and 6 to try it at 9mg. too.

renorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Reno, Nevada, United States

I'm just over 2 years now on vaping only.

Thanks in advance.
Yes equal parts 18 and 6 would give you 12.
I wouldn't worry about rushing your way lower on the nic. I went to 6 and juice consumption went up accordingly. I'm going to keep mixing in 12 and 18 into my orders so I can make 9, 12, 15 as needed but 6 is probably too low, for me at least.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
It took me 4 years to get from 18mg to 6mg. If you're determined to drop your nic level, just realize that it's going to take time, and that time is different for everyone. Eventually, I'd like to drop to a lower nic level, but I have no idea when that will be...:thumb:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
It took me 4 years to get from 18mg to 6mg. If you're determined to drop your nic level, just realize that it's going to take time, and that time is different for everyone. Eventually, I'd like to drop to a lower nic level, but I have no idea when that will be...:thumb:
I started with 2.4 over 2yrs ago, and quickly got down to 1.2 and .9, then .6 around a year ago. I thought it would be easy to step down from .6 to .3, and to a degree it was - so I use that, and also some at 0 and .15 ....I do use more though. Some days I do go hunting down my remaining bottles of 6mg!
I have 0mg ones to reduce the stronger ones I still have, but only do it once I'm happy to step down.

Thing is, with the legislation we're looking at, I really want to get as low as I can in order not to use too much concentrated nicotine once we're left with a choice of 10ml bottles, 0mg bottles and DIY.
If it weren't for that, I'd be happy to take as long as necessary.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com

Thanks in advance.

I think this is already answered, but yes

Equal parts

6+12 = 9

6+18=12

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Kent is gonna kick my ... saying this but I'm wanting some 1.5mg lol. I've just been buying 3mg and 0mg and mixing it, but buying 1.5mg would be sublime.

Kent is going to kick your ... is right! :evil:

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
I think this is already answered, but yes

Equal parts

6+12 = 9

6+18=12

Thanks. I had the math figured and all but was more wondering if it's as simple as that. Just combine the two in equal parts, shake, and enjoy.

Flavored

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
USA
Joy - I get to use this line again . . .

When I went from 24 to 18, no problem. 18 to 12 went pretty easy as well. When I went from 12 to 6, I wanted to duct tape the drip tip to my lips and hard wire the fire button on the mod . . .

That last step is a 50% reduction, big step. I got there, but I did mix a couple juices down to 9-ish to help.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I also went from 12 to 6 and I vape non stop when I get home from work! Looks like I might need to move back up or mix to 9mg!
I am struggling with 6 mg!

I occasionally get back on 12 myself, I can identify.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I have been all over the place lately. Straight up 12 here and there, straight up 6 mainly, and a little home made 9. No shame in bumping it back up IMHO.

Any amount of nicotine in vapor is better than a cigarette!~

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
So I fired my BOGO order. Got some large LDPE bottles and got to mixing. I figure this will help with the steep and will allow for the 18 and 6 to make friends. I think I have enough of the sacred vapor for about 6 months now. Still not enough!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
So I fired my BOGO order. Got some large LDPE bottles and got to mixing. I figure this will help with the steep and will allow for the 18 and 6 to make friends. I think I have enough of the sacred vapor for about 6 months now. Still not enough!

Thank you kindly for the order Mike!!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
A pleasure as always. Enjoying a little Wakonda on the back deck with a coffee as I type. I really love this stuff!

Wakonda is a special liquid - like a familiar friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread