I think I have become a CE2 Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

justboringsarah

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
IN
I got my XLs on Monday,there was a bit of a learning curve,but it wasn't too bad and I loved not having to drip all the time. They have worked well,and even taken the abuse that came from me trying to get rings out.
Today I got an order of the shorter ones from madvapes(great price too). The veryfirst one I used I pushed the center down too hard trying to get it out of the tube. I thought for sure I had broken it,since the wire running up the center was pushed all to the side. I pulled the post back up and it's still working.
The seem to take a kicking and keep on licking. I've ruined attys with a whole lot less. If only they came in 901(not 808s)I'd be happy for life

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I got my XLs on Monday,there was a bit of a learning curve,but it wasn't too bad and I loved not having to drip all the time. They have worked well,and even taken the abuse that came from me trying to get rings out.
Today I got an order of the shorter ones from madvapes(great price too). The veryfirst one I used I pushed the center down too hard trying to get it out of the tube. I thought for sure I had broken it,since the wire running up the center was pushed all to the side. I pulled the post back up and it's still working.
The seem to take a kicking and keep on licking. I've ruined attys with a whole lot less. If only they came in 901(not 808s)I'd be happy for life

Hi jbs.i'm curious why 901 vs 808? they are the same.Now there can be air flow issues but easily resolved by using a 901/808 to 901/808 adapter.The adapters also have a slot you can use a small screwdriver to turn and adjust. I hope this little bit of info helps you out!:) GKK

VapnNow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
Missouri
www.copperacregoldens.com
I too am a fan of the CE2's. Actually love the Clearomizers. They are the first cartomizers that I have been able to clean and reuse over and over. I agree they are really forgiving of mistakes. Push something down to far, pull it back up and it still works. I felt like I had won a big prize when I cleaned four of them and all four worked like new when I was done. I can't tell you how many different ways I tried to clean the regular cartomizers, boiling, soaking etc and never got them to work right after. I now get a new flavor and fill a clearomizer and know that if I don't like the flavor I can just clean it and start over. It's wonderful!

kilgoretrout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
South Central PA, USA
CE2 are king. I don't mind the boge lr once in a while, but CE2 wins hands down for endurance. I even prefer them over attys for dripping. (drip till you find the flavor that you're really in the mood for and fill her up. :))
And you're right about them being tough. I keep poking and pulling and cleaning and burning but they won't die. The only 2 that went in the can were my own fault (I broke a cup and frayed the middle of a wick bad).
Many CE2s require a bit of tweaking, imo (especially the lr range), but oh well... it's worth it. Rinse, burn, PTB. Best cartos of the 4 brands I've tried.
So welcome to the club! (although I don't mind the people who hate them. It just means more for me....and the club. :laugh:)

Israfil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV (in a small cloud)
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;2573414 said:
Thanks, some people don't get the screen-name reference, It's from when I was MUCH younger and did a lot of gaming:p

Bah, pay no attention to the younguns. They know not what they missed... ;)

I'm thinking if one breaks down I'll take it apart and see if I can find a way to rebuild the coil. If I find anything I'll certainly post it. Nothing beats 20 feet of nichrome wire on the cheap. ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread