RDA I think I narrowed it down

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
id go with the hobo. I only have the dark horse out of those 3 but I can tell you this. Dark horse has a nice airy build but the airflow control is overdone and wonky imo and the juice well is really shallow. The plume veil I hear mixed reviews of it being leaky etc, never really hear many rave reviews about it. The hobo on the otherhand havent heard any negatives and people talk well of it, juice well looks better than the darkhorse as well, and 2post center blocks (4 holes altogether) are much easier to build on if you want to try out some dual coils.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
I don't have any experience with anyone of those, but like aliceinwonderland said, the hobo looks the best out of your selection. The Dark horse has a very good following too. There are plenty other to choose and look at, but I think you narrowed it down well. Work with one for a while and you'll have a better idea of what you want next.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I own a Hobo and a Plume.

The Plume has a very shallow well and is prone to leak out of the neg post air holes. It's a good vape but a nuisance dripping all the time and dealing with the leaking.

On the other hand, the Hobo has a deep well and doesn't leak. Pretty airy although certainly not a cloud chasers' atty. It's definitely more for flavor but I do get nice fat clouds with hefty lung draws when opened completely. Super easy to build on especialy with the posi T-post.

I own a TOBH, Mutation X v1 & v2, Magma, Plume Veil v1, Marquis, Hobo, CLT, Doge & Derringer. The Hobo is, by far, my favorite RDA with the Derringer coming in a close second.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I dont have the Dark Horse or Hobo, but like others here I have a Plume..It's a great little atty, but it is definitely prone to leaking/seeping, and condensation on the outer top cap. I've pretty much benched it because of that, it's just outclassed by some of the newer atty's out now, both in flavor and clouds. By way of example, my Infinite CLT v2 has in my opinion better airflow, a more flexible deck, and better flavor.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I'm wanting to buy a dripper tomorrow and can't decide on which one. I was thinking about the hobo, plume vail or the dark horse. I'm want a nice airy draw, good flavor and ease of build. This will be my first rda. I will be running it on a segelei 100w. Also a deep juice well would be a plus. Thanks for any advice.
Do yourself a favor and buy a Mephisto. I have all the rdas mentioned in this thread and the Mephisto outclasses them all for me.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
my limited experience
Dark Horse - clouds but flavour not so great
Magma - good flavour, good juice capacity but not for the cloud chaser
Plume Veil - agree with the leakage issues. Good but kind of annoying on a number of levels.
Mutation X v3 - just got this but looks like a nice pice of kit. Easy to build, good AF control options.

Just ordered a Dominator clone (with some trepidation). At least its not the crappy FT version. I'll update when I get it!

HTH :)

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
nonono no.....no.

Restate your question this way:

"I narrowed down which could be the 1ST RDA I will buy"

Because there will be many more :)

...then hybrids....

Exactly! I said I would never buy an RDA...then I got a Magma...then I got a Hobo...now I'm waiting on vape mail for my Igo-W Plus (in blue!)...
My 'reward' for my first paycheck with my newly minted Bachelor's Degree (when I find the job to give me said paycheck, that is) will probably be a Reo...still debating on which R'BF'A to get for flavor. lol

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
This is what I ended up buying. The guy at the shop talked me into it. Great flavor, great clouds and all aroud great purchase.
And it does not break. Nice purchase. You can fit a family of 5 through your post holes. My aircontrol vanity ring is in a drawer, it is not needed and one less piece to worry about. Post a build pic if you can.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
Of the three mentioned, I do have a dark horse... it's a good rda... but definitely not my favorite nor is it in my top 5...

I really like the doge + Mutation for a less expensive atty... vaporDNA has good prices.

Derringer + Derringer clones are nice too.

Atomics - Tridents and tobhs are niceeee too

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
Exactly! I said I would never buy an RDA...then I got a Magma...then I got a Hobo...now I'm waiting on vape mail for my Igo-W Plus (in blue!)...
My 'reward' for my first paycheck with my newly minted Bachelor's Degree (when I find the job to give me said paycheck, that is) will probably be a Reo...still debating on which R'BF'A to get for flavor. lol
Same boat for me... I eventually came around to RDAs. Now I'm sittin on a Plume Veil, an IGO-W (mine's blue also :) ) and I've got a Marquis on the way. It seems to the only real way to "narrow down" which one is gonna work for you is using the ones you think might work for you. :) I'm not a fan of the Plume - too leaky and too airy. I really like the IGO-W a lot but only wish the well was a bit deeper. Looking forward to the Marquis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread