• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I think I'm Doing Pretty Good......

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2010
southwest
I have been smoking 1-1/2 packs a day for a number of years now. In total, I have smoked for 35 years (took a few years off a couple of times). 12 days ago I started vaping, and I have grown to absolutely love it!! I am still smoking, but I'm down to about 5 cigs a day. I immediately dropped to 10-12 a day, and I want the analogs less and less as the days go by.

Unfortunately, on Christmas day I smoked like a fool, I'm sure I had at least 15 cigs. Today I went right back to the vaping. When the urge for a cig hits, I try vaping first, and tell myself I can still have a cig if I want to, but the urge is satisfied with the vaping.

Just today I ordered some samplers from a couple of suppliers. I can clearly see it will be the flavors that will get me to stop smoking. The reason I prefer vaping over smoking is the taste is better!

I know I will quit completely in due time. I'm not going to force myself, I think smoking only 5 a day is terrific!

So for all of you who still smoke a little bit like me, look at the progress you have made! The first few days of vaping the urges to smoke were strong, now they are lessening. And they don't come as often. I now totally forget about cigs for hours at a time. I'm not so sure this would be happening if I was forcing myself to quit.

I'm really happy-for all of us-that this new tool is available. I've tried the patch, the gum, on and on.

I read all the other posts in this section, and I hope the rest of you are still hanging in there.:)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I smoked approximately 2 packs a day for what seems to be 100 years. I watched my mom die of lung cancer. I knew this would be me if I didn't do something. I only smoked more and was getting more and more out of control. For me, prayer for help worked. I really didn't WANT to quit smoking, but when I couldn't walk from one end of the house to the other without a cigarette burning, have 2 burning analogs without remembering I lit the first, or know I would burn us all up in a fire in our sleep, I asked God for help. My husband had quit 5 years prior....cold turkey, hence my sig line. I couldn't believe how expensive analogs were getting and at 2 pad, I'd be in the poor house. I saw a commercial for an e-cig, which is a miracle in itself as we DVR everything to skip through the commercials. A couple of months later, I got a Joye 510 kit. In two days I was down to 2 analogs/day. I thought that if I'm down to 2, I can quit, so I did. It was more of a dare to myself....maybe like a contest within myself. This website was a major aide!

It wasn't all smooth sailing, like some people you talk to. I would miss analogs. It would look good on tv. I was being tempted all over the place. I had to get help from God to put the fire out on this. As of this moment, I haven't smoked 10,159 analogs since last July. Do I still have moments? You bet! I recommit myself all the time and 'Just say No!' I'm not going back. I don't want that garbage in my lungs anymore. I'm not so enthralled with such a keen sense of smell......some smells shouldn't be shared....like canned dog food. I bet you thought I was going to mention something else.......well those too.

Take each day as it comes. Don't look further than the day or even in the moment. I'm 7 mos/ 4 weeks/ and 1 1/2 days. Yep, I still keep track of it, but I don't publish it on my posts. I don't always check it either. When it crosses my mind, I check it. I pray for all a great success!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread