The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I think my 510 charger is broker! I want to cry :(

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by unfaithful, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. unfaithful

unfaithful Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Everything was fine, until last night. I noticed the battery seems to take longer than usual to charge, instead of a green light appearing after about an hour of charging it stays red :(. This morning I tried to charge it again and I always get a green light. I take it out to check but its dead. All my batteries are dead. Im desperate. What do I do? :(

2. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Ew! Right now, I connected my 510 atomizer to gamucci battery lol.

3. ChipHead

ChipHead Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2011
    Florida
    I'm not sure what type of 510 you have but I run the 650 and 1000 mah fat batteries. On the Liberty Flights 650 batteries I need to take a paper clip and gently raise the center battery post before I put it on the charger or I experience the exact symptoms you describe. Worth a shot. Also try cleaning the contacts.

4. fray

fray Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2011
    arkansas
    Clean all the contacts and see if that helps. If not then it may be your charger has a problem

5. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for replies, guys! I have joye 510. I inspected the charger for any juice or dirt, cleaned it just in case, cleaned the battery, tried to charge it via usb, still the same. I think my charger is faulty. I called my supplier and he promised he will ship the new charger for free today! I also ordered an EGO as I'm sick of charging my 510 every two hours or less. At the moment, I connected my 510 atomizer to one of my old e-cig's battery. Its not amazing and they dont fit well together but I'm still able to get a few puffs out of it. So I'll just try not to smoke and wait till tommorow for a charger and ego.

6. chewy

chewy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2009
    United States, MD
    My chargers sometimes get spotty like that, I have to tighten it all of the way then loosen it and wiggle back and forth (looser and tighter) until the light turns red and then i tighten it all the way again. The light on the end of the batt should blink and the light on the charger stay red. The blinking batt was always my sign that it was working.

7. swedishfish

swedishfish Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2010
    NJ
    Note to self: Order an extra battery charger.

I always mean to do it, but this thread reminded me.

Sorry you're having problems! Hope it comes really fast.

8. docbrown

docbrown Full Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah the same thing happens to me chewy. Not sure why, contacts seem clean etc on both battery and charger.

Try screwing it in as normal and turn it back slowly, hopefully the light will go red at some point.

9. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Ok, now the other model battery I was using just died. I am soo close to having a cigarette. But I'll try not to :(

10. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Nothing works :(. Even when its charging via usb on the laptop the light stays green.

11. house mouse

house mouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2010
    BFE
    I had an eGo charger completely fall apart and become unusable. Fortunately at that time I also had a new complete kit I was taking to my daughter in a couple of weeks. So I ordered 2 chargers and grabbed the charger out of her kit and used it until the replacements came in. That left me with one spare around the house.

In the world of vaping supplies it's best to go with the "one is none, 2 is one" saying.

12. fray

fray Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2011
    arkansas
    Just an FYI do not charge your 510 batteries on the ego charger. They put out more current than the small 510 battery can handle

13. unfaithful

May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    I called the supplier I ordered my kit from and he shipped the charger the same day, I got it this morning and it works, yay! It was not the wall charger, but the usb connector thing that was broken. I have no idea why that happened. Maybe there was a bit of liquid on the battery. Ill try to be more careful this time and order and extra one, just in case! I had to have an analog, so I had one yesterday and one this morning. It tasted absolutely disgusting and no throat hit at all, yuk! Glad to be back to vaping.

14. Bozzlite

Bozzlite Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Central Texas
    Like I always say sometimes

Always have back-ups and back-ups for your back-ups.

That includes batteries, attys, cartos, chargers, and juice.

15. Juicehead

Juicehead Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2011
    CA
    My 510 fast charger just did the exact same thing! Light is constantly red and doesn't charge anything

Did you happen to get it from LiteCig?

Luckily I have a regular 510 charger, but it takes forever! Had to pull out some old Kr808s to fill in the times between charging

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.