I think there's something wrong with my atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
I think liscab suggested it so you can test if the atomizer is still alive or dead.

There are lots of things you can try to revive the atomizer...do a search in the forum as there is much already written about this. You'll also see many recommendations to have extra atomizers on hand.

Atomizers seem to be a problem child of the e-cig, in my opinion. I too have a SmokeStik and had to have one replaced. I now have two atomizers that I switch back and forth. When the vapor gets low, that's the first thing I do (switch to the other atomizer) before changing the battery or cartridge.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
After a few puffs, it stops making vapor, and replacing the battery or cartridge doesn't help. I already contacted discountsmokestik, but has anyone else had this problem?
Do you mean that you can take a few puffs, then it stops producing, but after a rest, you can take a few more puffs?

If that is the case, it's simply a 'wicking' problem: ie the liquid is not getting to the atomiser fast enough for you to vape it.

vaping is a more leisurely experience than smoking ever was.... you don't need to try and puff it as quickly as possible before the whole thing burns away. If you were a fast smoker (as I was) this may be your problem. Try waiting a bit longer between puffs to see if that helps.

If my original assumption (my first paragraph) is incorrect and you mean that you took a few puffs OK and since that - nothing, then it sounds like your atomiser is dead. Presumably, it's new? In which case, contact the retailer and get a replacement.

j123

Jun 19, 2009
Well, now it's completely dead. I've tried both batteries, fully charged, and three different cartridges. In addition, the LED flashes every time I take a puff, which, according to the manual, isn't supposed to happen unless the battery needs to be charged. So, it's possible that there's also a problem with the batteries and/or the charger.

I just got my starter kit yesterday, so I expect the retailer to take care of the situation if and when they either answer the phone, call me back, or return my email.

Suffice it to say, I'm very disappointed with my first real e-cigarette experience (other than a disposable Gamucci, which I thought was bad before this experience).

j123

Jun 19, 2009
Here's what she told me in case anyone else runs into the same problem:

1. After the initial 8 hours of charging you screw on the atomizer and place on the cartridge until it is securely on.

2. Just puff very lightly until the atomizer heats up the liquid in the cartridge. It will produce smoke

3. Make sure that as you are inhaling that you are allowing the air to flow through the hole along the golden ring around the smokestik. There is a hole to allow air intake. Sometimes we tend to hold our fingers over the hole.

4. If the cartridge is on the atomizer and it is twisted to tighten on the battery this squeezes a lot of the liquid into the atomizer.

5. If inhaled deeply this too will cause the liquid in the atomizer to fill up.

6. To unclog atomizer from too much liquid,

a. remove the cartridge from the atomizer and battery

b. Remove the atomizer from the battery

c. Blow through the atomizer and place a tissue at the other end to collect the liquid in the atomizer. You may need to do this several times until the tissue is dry after removing the excess liquid from the atomizer.

7. After the initial charging of the battery it need only be charged no more than 4 hours. The batteries life may be shortened if it is continually over charged.

j123

Jun 19, 2009
I ended up sending it back for a new one, and I still don't feel like it works the way it should. I guess I'm just going through the cartridges too fast. I've already gone through two of them today, and they each only lasted for about an hour. Maybe that's normal, but I didn't expect to go through them that quickly. I expected one cartridge to last me at least a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread