• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I thought it was just me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDlite

Aug 23, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm really glad to have found this group. I've been vaping for about a week and a half and I've been beating myself up a lot because though I've cut back, I'm still smoking. There are so many who quit analogs as soon as they began vaping and I've been feeling like a failure for not being able to do the same. I was starting to think about giving up.
I've read all the posts here and I'm feeling much better about things and more positive about vaping.
Thank you all for sharing your struggles.
Kelly

Auntbeast

Moved On
Sep 1, 2010
Georgia
Keep reading and you will find it isn't just you. However, from what I can tell, I would encourage you to try different flavors because it seems to be that which allows people to give up something they like. I've read quite a few testimonials of people that are still smoking cigarettes, or at least, they did until the right pv and flavor came along.

I would not give up after a week and a half unless you are having health issues. Part of the benefits of vaping is that you get your taste buds back. If you have cut down smoking at all, I'd consider it a raging success, if you continue to do so, even better.

Good luck to you. I'm a 25+ year smoker and am waiting to get my first ecig.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
I'm glad you're feeling better about yourself now, and if you get down about it in the future here is some advice:

Try not to be so hard on yourself about quitting if you are having trouble with it. I'm young (23) and didn't smoke that long (11 years) but I have problems with addiction and have that addictive personality. Quitting smoking was harder than quitting opiates for me without e-cigs. I cut back just like you did but it took me a whole MONTH and 1 week to completely quit smoking. It went like this: pack a day the first week, 15 cigs the second week, 5 cigs the third week, 1 cig the 4th week and I was taking a puff or two per day for the next week. I think it's insane how people quit the second they got their e-cigs in the mail. I'll never understand it. If you ask me, if you've cut back the first week you're on the right track!!! Plus you'll be so proud of yourself once you finally have no desire for a cigarette. It's like breaking a ball and chain you've been attached to for so long. So don't feel let down because you didn't have the same "success" of those who rave about quitting the first day. Many of the people I know on here didn't have that kind of experience at all and I question the authenticity of those success stories. You'll get there eventually, and you'll feel better every single day you cut back.

Another thing- it took me 36mg juice to quit completely, and since then I have cut back to 10-12 mg. I vape very rarely now and it's great. I know you'll be just fine. Good luck! Try a higher nic strength too if you get the chance!

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I'm really glad to have found this group. I've been vaping for about a week and a half and I've been beating myself up a lot because though I've cut back, I'm still smoking. There are so many who quit analogs as soon as they began vaping and I've been feeling like a failure for not being able to do the same. I was starting to think about giving up.
I've read all the posts here and I'm feeling much better about things and more positive about vaping.
Thank you all for sharing your struggles.
Kelly

Everyone is right Kelly. Don't give up. I have been vaping for months and still smoke. I have felt like you a number of times. But, I think I have finally found some juice that will allow me to quit entirely. I don't know for a fact yet but it is amazing what a difference just the juice can make.

KDlite

Aug 23, 2010
Oklahoma
THANKS everyone for the encouragement. I'm definitely going to keep at it. It's really help cut my craving for a analog now that I've given myself permission to smoke one if I think I need it. I've only smoked 10 analogs today and I use to smoke a pack and a half a day.
I did try using 24mg nic juice but it didn't work for me because I hated the flavor. I was dizzy and sick from too much nic and still craving a smoke.
I agree 100% that finding the right juice is going to help a lot. Finally having more than one flavor that I like is helping though I don't like any of them well enough to vape them all day. The search for the all day vape continues ;)

FieryOne

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
Idaho
I was one of those who was able to quit immediately upon receiving my e-cig. The reasons I think it worked for me are; I have the hand to mouth behavior, I got lucky and chose an e-cig model that gave decent vapor, throat hit and ordered a selection of flavors to start. I didn't really know if it would work and didn't really expect it to, but when I got it and took my first puff I told my husband that I thought I would be able to switch. He wanted to quit, and I didn't really. I was able to and he hasn't yet. There isn't any judgement against him for that or any one who still has analogs.

I'm just trying to offer a ray of hope that when you find your sweet spot, you'll be able to stop analogs. I do have times where it just isn't enough and at those moments I look for higher nic and stronger throat hit. So I think having a variety of juice flavors and strengths and more than one type of e-cig helps to get through those moments. I also come to the forum as the support here is outstanding. I'm still looking for a flavor that can be my all day vape, but for now having 3 e-cigs with different flavors and strengths gets me through. I wish you all the best of luck!!!

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I've been vaping for several months now, and I still use analogs. It has taken me awhile to find the right combination that works for me: an eGo XL battery, I drip with the LR attys at home ( DON'T DRIP AND DRIVE! :) ) Away from home I use the eGo cartomizers. I'm still struggling with the wake-up analog, and after I eat. For me it's been the psychological part that has been the hardest. I've smoked analogs for 33 years, and when I tried to quit cold turkey, I felt completely lost without them. Having the e-cig has helped a lot. I've gone from 2-2 1/2 packs of analogs a day down to just under 1/2 pack. And I'm trying to wean myself from those last analogs. I'm not giving up! It's just taking me a little longer than most to completely quit analogs. I can envision the day when I'm completely analog free!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I was able to quit with my first e-cig...but I found myself chain vaping alot and still getting cravings...
it took me a couple different models and learning about batteries...and doing math (oh my god the math)....before I found a really good satisfying solution for me, where I could put the ecig down for a while and think about lowering my nic content..

but for some people it's the absence of the alkaloids missing in the juice that keeps them on regular cigs as well...some of these people have had more luck using snus or disolveables and suplementing that with the ecig..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread