I want to try out RDAs/mechs ... is this an ok starting point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golem

Oct 2, 2013
Providence, RI
Hi guys n' gals

As said above, I want to get into rebuilding and mechanical mods. For learning purposes mostly, as I have a MVP2/Evod set-up that works great. But I like to tinker :)

I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money, so I turned my head towards Fasttechs stuff (I'm not in a hurry either ;) )

So I've found these products and want to ask you if you have any input?

mod: A TVS brass-thing. I like brass, but consider the K100 as it seems popular and abround the same price. $17.38 TVS Mechanical MOD / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - gold / brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

rda: The Igo-L or the Igo-W. Any thoughts on which one?

Charger: I know its cheap, but I can always get a better one later. This will probably do for a cheap kit $5.58 2*18650 Lithium Li-Ion Battery Charger (EU) - 110V~240V at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The batteries I will get from a US source.

I'm mostly interested in if anyone has tried the mod itself, and if its any good?

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Your mod choice is probly fine, though there are others I like way more on FT, but that's just a personal preference. The atty choices are both good for a starter RBA, especially if you are just learning to wrap coils. A dripper is definitely the way to go. The charger you link is another matter entirely. First off, it has a euro plug, so it won't work in the US. Secondly, it's just a cheap no-name charger. Not something I'd trust when battery safety is your first concern when using a mech. I'd get this one. It's 10 bucks more, but it's a proven reliable workhorse. It is a smart charger, meaning it has a lot of safety features built into it to protect your batteries from things such as overcharging and such. just my :2c:

Edit: haha, polpol beat me to it. but yeah, get the 2 bay nitecore from my link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread