i will not smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatashaR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
TX
Honey I smoked for almost 30 years. 2 months ago I got the "estimate" from the dentist/periodontist to fix the severely damaged teeth & gums. An issue highly worsened by smoking.
30 years of smoking costs what? Maybe $40,000 if we average a pack cost between now & then...? I don't even know.
I've spent the last 8 weeks of weekly dental visits so far costing $12,000 and I'm not finished yet.
Demons? How about bloodsuckers? Walk away from those muthas before they rob u blind. It was SOOOO not worth it.

i put that estimate on the fridge & never smoked again. One day at a time, Steph, but keep sayin oh hell no!

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
you all know what im talkin about :p

As a matter of fact, we do.

Cigarette smoke has a few other chemicals in it that are even more addictive, time wise, than nicotine. They are other alkaloids (about 10% of the total - nicotine is 90%) that accentuate the affect of nicotine, hence the reason we still have trouble even when vaping strong nicotine. There's a thread around here somewhere... Here we go: Beta Carboline

Not actually the forum thread I was looking for, but possibly the one that triggered the thread. Try doing some searches. If it's the time I think it is over there, then I think you may be having sleep issues.

I was in two minds when I found out about this. Firstly, it made a lot of sense and explained quite a bit. Secondly, it's a ready made excuse to give up on giving up.

NOooo!

That was the irrational addicted part of the brain talking, the one that wanted a cigarette more badly than I realised. Interestingly, the nicotine vape kicked in and reason prevailed; I did not go out to the car and dig out the tobacco pouch from where it was thrown under the seat three weeks ago. On a scale of 1 to 10, if 1 is not caring about having a cigarette and 10 is lighting up, I was at about 7 (Edit: well, OK. 8)

While it's hard, I believe that understanding what is happening and why nicotine alone is not enough is helping me to stay strong. If I feel bad I just vape a little more. When I start to feel nauseous from it, I vape 0% because I know I've already got all the nicotine I need. It helps.

You and I are at about the same point in this I believe (give or take a day or two). I expect things will start improving quite a bit in about a week. Meanwhile, nicotine is keeping the rudder pointing straight.

We will NOT smoke!

:D

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Its been almost 2 weeks for me and my wife. Neither one of us has even thought about having one of those stinky analog smokes. Having mail order being our primary source of ejuices, were having to find a canadian vendor and juice we like is kinda a crapshoot. Neither of us will ever go back to smoking and now actually noticing the money we spent on cigarettes with the tracker is mindboggling.
Vape Lots and Vape Happy

Mud Pie

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2013
Cypress, TX
I feel for ya, Stephania....but stay strong !!

Every few mornings, typically on the weekends, when I wake up, I want a "real cigarette". I grab my e-cig and start vaping away. The craving passes and I'm glad there are no stinkies around. Would I fire it up if I had them ? Honestly, I most likely would. Would I dislike it as others have ? I'd hope so, as I haven't "burned one" since I switched to vaping. But at this point, I'm not willing to take that chance. Been Stinky Free since March 1st, I wanna keep going !!

You can do this !! Just come here and read while vaping. I've found this place to be more of a support group than an online chat forum. This group is more than a group of like-minded individuals, it's a group of like-minded individuals with a greater common goal; to get off cigarettes. When I read posts and see their signature charts saying how long they've been off cigarettes, it's highly motivating !!

Stay strong, stay Stinky Free !!

You WILL win !!

TomD

Mar 13, 2013
MA
I agree and I never thought I could quit and I like smoking. At first I still wanted to smoke but now that I am using a provari with a good tank it is more than satisfying and I've been smoke free over a month. I really had to waste some money trying different equipment and juices but once you find what's right for you Quiting butts almost happens on its own.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
For me, finding the right juice was even more crucial than finding the right setup. I had PV's I liked with clearos I liked, but I still had a vague unsatisfied feeling sometimes, especially first thing in the morning. I kept trying different liquids and then I found one that hit the spot on the very first vape and the cravings disappeared.

Hang in there. You're stronger than the demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread