Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Damn. Man, everything has broke!!!

The d4 is making a sizzling noise. Will still charge but I won't use it (the unit not the plug).

I'm really scraping the barrel now but what is better the d4 or the i4 or the new i4.

The d4 I like most but it is £38, the new i4 is £27 but doesn't read the voltage.
The old i4 is £20 but is sold out.

Which one is best?

Thanks

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I purchased an I4 for one simple reason it works and fits my needs. Sure having a digital readout is nice but just another component that can malfunction or break. Sometimes simple and functional is best but realy both the D4 and I4 are good devices. I have also heard good things about the xtar but no personal experience to go by for it.

Vape On Safely and keep your batteries charged and ready in proper protective cases!

Reactions: opticruby

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I purchased an I4 for one simple reason it works and fits my needs. Sure having a digital readout is nice but just another component that can malfunction or break. Sometimes simple and functional is best but realy both the D4 and I4 are good devices. I have also heard good things about the Xtar but no personal experience to go by for it.

Vape On Safely and keep your batteries charged and ready in proper protective cases!

Thanks dude. I couldn't be more .... about battery practice.
The little plastic boxes with batteries are lined in their own private space. I space them out so no plastic box touches the other in case of... I'm not sure
Gotta invest in a dmm, ohm reader and charger today. :cry:

The batts get a count up every night so none are left in devices or missing. Its like prison for them.

And the one next to me during sleep has the atty unscrewed. Ill never even leave the atty ready unless im there and awake.

I know, weird right.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
well you did name yourself after a long dead boy-king who's grave is supposedly cursed...
:evil::evil::evil:

Originally it was my name on cod but I'm just to slow for that game now.
I pretend to people that I grew out of it but the silly name stuck.

That's not true...:cry:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Are you overheating your chargers by constantly charging batteries? I saw a video review on my charger before I purchased it and the guy in the video melted a plastic place mat he had under his charger! I saw that and started testing the temperature of mine and it never gets hot a little warm which is natural. Maybe leave some cool down time between charging cycles will extend the life?

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
:evil::evil::evil:

Originally it was my name on cod but I'm just to slow for that game now.
I pretend to people that I grew out of it but the silly name stuck.

That's not true...:cry:

Opticruby is my old gamertag, I do belive Baditude is his old gamertag also. I think people do tend to stick with gamertags.

BTW: back on topic. I tend to go with D4 but I think I'm going to pick-up an Xtar next time.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Opticruby is my old gamertag, I do belive Baditude is his old gamertag also. I think people do tend to stick with gamertags.

BTW: back on topic. I tend to go with D4 but I think I'm going to pick-up an Xtar next time.

Well i used to only play that and possibly other fps'
I also used shotmonster for cod but it seemed a bit much for ecf. I like opticruby. Hmmm...
Suits me except the ruby bit.
Last question on it. Im 27 now but i wanna play again in the future. Do you think me, you or baditude have or will grow out of it?
:offtopic:

Okay, yeah i think ill get d4 cos i like to buy from nitecore themselves

Reactions: opticruby

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Are you overheating your chargers by constantly charging batteries? I saw a video review on my charger before I purchased it and the guy in the video melted a plastic place mat he had under his charger! I saw that and started testing the temperature of mine and it never gets hot a little warm which is natural. Maybe leave some cool down time between charging cycles will extend the life?

No. i check too. But im back living with the folks which was supposed to be a short stay but has evolved into an age.
Small place so i move my chargers and keep them in my vaping cupboard but move it to charge.
I think all this moving is doing it.
I try but im not the most delicate guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread