iClear 30 troubles :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

smm646

Sep 4, 2013
United States
So i was on ym way to the train and grabbed my new MVP v2, which by the way is an awesome upgrade, and went to vape and nothing happened. I got a little worried as I was on my way to school for a 9 hour day with finals and presentations and would need some nic to get me through it all. When I got on the train I fiddled with the iclear and screwed and unscrewed it and for some reason it started working. I would hold both buttons down to see if it would register the iclear was connected and every time it would say "NON" which im assuming means it wasn't making a connection. So it started working all day, THANK GOD, and when I got home I took it out of my bag and it again wouldn't fire. I kept unscrewing and screwing it back on and would always say "NON". Now I had my iclear 16 and I would put it on and it would register, but a couple times I would read a really high ohm like 4 ohm, or it would say "NON". But when It is screwed on all the way it reads it right and would fire. So as of right now I have a iclear 30 that doesn't work and doesn't read when it is on. I have taken some tweezers and tried to pull the connector down a little bit but that didnt do anything? What should I do next? And why would it work for the whole day and then just stop working?

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
You could also try prying up the center post of the MVP 2 battery connector. Sometimes that gets pushed down and doesn't make a full connection. It would also cause this problem. Don't pry it up too far, just a tiny bit and see if it helps.

If that turns out to be the problem, make sure you aren't over tightening your tanks when you put them on. They only need to be "snug", not cranked down as hard as you can. This will help prevent it from occurring in the future. If that isn't the problem, then you may have somehow blown out the coil in the tank and will need to replace it.

YMMV, HTH!

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Also - Qtip and an alcohol. Clean the well on the MVP and the connection on the 30.

EDIT: If you blew a coil (one of the two in your 30 - I have done this) It will read the resistance as 0.6 or whatever it is and the fire button will be red as it will not fire sub ohm (coils under 1.0).

I have had the precise issue above on my other half's MVP 2- it is for 2 reasons. The center pin on the MVP is pushed down because he over tightens his tanks and the connection is in need of a cleaning. The dirty connection is what makes the resistance readings all high and funky on your 16.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread