iclear 30s gurgling sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off i'll describe my set up i have an itaste VV set a 7.5W with 2.1 resistance from an iclear 30s. i currently have a thicker liquid and it seems everytime i refill with this juice i get a gurgling sound do i need to bump up the wattage because of the thickness of the liquid? i don't have any leaking from the tank at all i've done some research but most complain about the leaking and gurgling but i only have the gurgling. the hits arent bad the sound just makes me nervous as its the first time i've heard any tank do this without a leak.

Mousey

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
From the sounds of it you do need to bump up the power a touch, i think that's caused by the atomiser not being able to heat the liquid fast enough and it's flooding it a touch. Try bumping up to 9 watts see if that does the trick :)

EDIT - quick thought, if it's like a sucking through a straw sound with a little bit of popping that's probably normal, but if the draws are a touch weak bump the power

Last edited:

Schnazzy45

Mar 7, 2014
Russia
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Using foreign language outside of the International forums.

Mousey

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
see i over filled it yesterday and thats when the gurgling started so before i refilled i took everything apart and wiped it clean, refilled it to 2.5ml and it went down to 2.0ml after it all settled and this morning its still making the gurgling hopefully its just the not enough power issue.

Ah yeah that's probably what's doing it, the downside to overfilling is that it takes forever to get it out again properly, Try RoseB's suggestion that should help :)

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
ну вот и все теперь я надеюсь мне можно что то делать на этом форуме

I ran it thru a Russian to Englsih translator and this is what I got, still doesn't compute!!

Here we are in and all now I hope I can be that it is to do so in this forum

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
I've had the same "gurgling" thing with my Triton a couple of times after filling it. I discovered I was getting a tiny bit of juice into the center tube (a risk with top-coil tanks if the atomizer isn't screwed on tight enough when filling).

What I do is similar to what RoseB suggests, except I use centrifugal force to clear out the center tube. I simply take my tank after I've filled it and reattached the mouthpiece, and wrap a piece of tissue or paper towel around the threaded end. Then, I stand up, I hold the tank tissue-side down in my hand, and I swing my arm quickly forward and back 6 or 7 times. The centrifugal energy forces any moisture to the bottom of the tank's center tube and into the tissue. Then I reattach the battery, and vape away. No more gurgling!

It's a way you can clear out the tube of any tank in only a few seconds. I even use this method when I rinse and dry my syringes and bottles. It overcomes any suction effect quite well. Gets my hardware completely dry in no time.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Just to clarify. This is the iClear30S?

On 7.5 watts it won't vape well at all i.m.o.

I vape all my basic clearos at 7.5 watts (evod, T3S, mini PT) to avoid burning. Using a 30S, I turn it up to 9 or 9.5 most of the time.

It sucks up juice madly and gets soggy. Nothing to worry about, but this model require more power than most. :)

I've had the same "gurgling" thing with my Triton a couple of times after filling it. I discovered I was getting a tiny bit of juice into the center tube (a risk with top-coil tanks if the atomizer isn't screwed on tight enough when filling).

What I do is similar to what RoseB suggests, except I use centrifugal force to clear out the center tube. I simply take my tank after I've filled it and reattached the mouthpiece, and wrap a piece of tissue or paper towel around the threaded end. Then, I stand up, I hold the tank tissue-side down in my hand, and I swing my arm quickly forward and back 6 or 7 times. The centrifugal energy forces any moisture to the bottom of the tank's center tube and into the tissue. Then I reattach the battery, and vape away. No more gurgling!

It's a way you can clear out the tube of any tank in only a few seconds. I even use this method when I rinse and dry my syringes and bottles. It overcomes any suction effect quite well. Gets my hardware completely dry in no time.

thanks i'll definately keep that in mind very nifty trick. i changed the wattage and haven't had any issues

Just to clarify. This is the iClear30S?

On 7.5 watts it won't vape well at all i.m.o.

I vape all my basic clearos at 7.5 watts (evod, T3S, mini PT) to avoid burning. Using a 30S, I turn it up to 9 or 9.5 most of the time.

It sucks up juice madly and gets soggy. Nothing to worry about, but this model require more power than most. :)

yea its an iclear30s and i've had the suspicion since i bought it that it needed some more power but i didnt want to go threw coils left and right, if it can't be avoided i may be in the market for a different tank

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
yea its an iclear30s and i've had the suspicion since i bought it that it needed some more power but i didnt want to go threw coils left and right, if it can't be avoided i may be in the market for a different tank

No worries on that front. I've had iClear30S head last me 7-8 weeks. The current one has done 4 already.
Protanks (for me) don't even do one week.
Vaping it at 9 watts is not going to go through coils left and right.... ask Mr Kanger about bad value... :(

It is one of the best tanks on the market. Don't stress on the higher power, if you can do it/enjoy it. (I appreciate it will use batteries up faster).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread