Igo-L O Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2013
Clearfield, UT
I know the previous version the o-rings weren't big enough to hold the cap tight but now it seems the problem is the o-rings become loose and squish out of the bottom of the cap. I know there are replacements but do they solve the issue of becoming loose, the thickness is right on but the diameter could be slightly less. Anyone have a solution to them squishing out the bottom?

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I know the previous version the o-rings weren't big enough to hold the cap tight but now it seems the problem is the o-rings become loose and squish out of the bottom of the cap. I know there are replacements but do they solve the issue of becoming loose, the thickness is right on but the diameter could be slightly less. Anyone have a solution to them squishing out the bottom?

I know this is an old post, but I was having the same issue. Well, a couple of connected issues really. The cap on my IGO-L is extremely tight, even if I wet the o-rings; I need to attach it to a mod and pull hard while twisting it in order to remove it. That made me start worrying about what it was going to do to the 510 connection on my mod. I also noticed that the bottom edge of the cap would catch the bottom o-ring and push it out of its groove if I didn't twist the cap while pressing it down.

Today I decided to remove the bottom o-ring completely and just use the top one. Now the cap comes off much easier (I can actually remove the cap and/or adjust the location of the air hole without having to attach the IGO to a mod) but it still seals well and won't pop off like the IGO-L's used to with the smaller red o-rings. It might be worth a try it anyone is having a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread