Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I just picked one up a few days ago from 3a on sale. I know nothing about it other than I couldn't resist the price. Anyone have one or know anything about it? I guess I should have asked before I bought it but was worried they'd sell out. Appreciate anything anyone can tell me about it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
They work, but most leak at or near the 510 connector to the inside.
You may never see the leak, and one day, pull out your bottle and have it coated in eliquid.

I've cleaned mine out and off and now am using an Engine Nano on it, instead of my VLS. Still works great for that as it is a regulated VW device.

Got a new squonker for the wife as a Christmas gift. Hers is not leaking near as bad as mine did.

Otherwise, I loved the dang thing, and even bought one off the sale also to gift to a friend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
They work, but most leak at or near the 510 connector to the inside.
You may never see the leak, and one day, pull out your bottle and have it coated in eliquid.

I've cleaned mine out and off and now am using an Engine Nano on it, instead of my VLS. Still works great for that as it is a regulated VW device.

Got a new squonker for the wife as a Christmas gift. Hers is not leaking near as bad as mine did.

Otherwise, I loved the dang thing, and even bought one off the sale also to gift to a friend!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Agree. What it does best as a squonk mod is leak. With my two anyway not now and then but rather they always leaked. So why did I buy 20 spare bottles for them? Joose will even find its way to the bottome of the bottle cover without wetting the bottle or its chamber, so internally. Easy enough to clean up, has not shorted anything out. I've had no other major issues with mine, but then they also have seldom been used in the year plus I've had them. It could be a handy little mod for running a RDTA, etc on, or a RDA if you don't mind dripping it though. But even with an RDA joose will eventually invade the mods interior.

I didn't even bother with more than these two pictures for my two (SS & GM trim). One wore a Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA and the other a Goon 1.5 RDA for a short time (the atty's were soon moved to other mods I would use).

capogunmetal.jpg caposquonk6.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You have bought an IJOY so a) there is a reason for the price and b) it's IJOY.

I hate IJOY more than Smok, I really do. I sort of think they are the bottom of the barrel as far as mods go. I won two non squonk Capitains and gave them away almost immediately. I knew they and myself would have a short (but turbulent) history.

Sorry to give you bad feedback and maybe you will be fine, but like, come ask the question BEFORE you buy the super deal, sometimes. Sometimes it's just a great deal, sometimes it isn't.

But I hope yours work out and perhaps they will. Perhaps.

Anna

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Well, at least the place has fast shipping. Forgot about the one I bought on 22 Dec. Got it in today.. whet WTF? this feels like a vape...when I was expecting a DNA replacement screen (That will be in Monday...)
I paid for battery shipping, and it came with a 20650 battery. Charged it all up and will sell it to a low wattage friend, for about $9 more than I paid with shipping... with the advice to not use it as a squonker..

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
For what it's worth, the leaking can be stopped. All the leaking on mine seemed to come from the bottle seal system. Who ever thought that using a silicone ring to compress a plastic plug into the squonk bottle needs to go back to design school. Replacing the bottle that comes with it by cutting off part of the feed tube and using a regular silicone bottle kills that leak path.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The leaks on my 2 came from under the 510, not the silicone plug.
The Pico's, Luxotic and Dripboxs use the same system, with no issues.
It's not my favorite system, but can work.

The leaks in mine also came from the 510 to atty/510 to feed tube connection itself, not the plug to bottle connection as they leaked when using them with non bottom fed atty's with empty bottles that were not squonked.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
You have bought an IJOY so a) there is a reason for the price and b) it's IJOY.

I hate IJOY more than Smok, I really do. I sort of think they are the bottom of the barrel as far as mods go. I won two non squonk Capitains and gave them away almost immediately. I knew they and myself would have a short (but turbulent) history.

Sorry to give you bad feedback and maybe you will be fine, but like, come ask the question BEFORE you buy the super deal, sometimes. Sometimes it's just a great deal, sometimes it isn't.

But I hope yours work out and perhaps they will. Perhaps.

Anna
I'll never forget that I bought a Smok 3 Battery Mod it was one of there more expensive models.

The paint began rubbing off. First Mod to have the Paint rub off where my hand touched it. Relegated to trash and never bought another Smok product again.

Guess I'm lucky because I've had my Ijoy Capo for a week and no problems with it. Maybe they worked out the kinks. But based on what everyone is saying in the Forums, just to be sure I bought a Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 for back up.

Reason I bought the Capo it was Regulated, priced right,Low Profile and came with a SRDA where you can change out the heads with pre-coiled/wicked. Also bought a Vandy Vape Maze.

jaba62

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
New Jersey USA
I had mine for 3 weeks and it just started autofiring. Luckily it happened right in front of me, so I pulled the battery. I never used the supplied RDA, it was dual coil and this mod can't handle handle it, it is so underpowered. I contacted Ijoy and explained what happened and they wanted me to send a video of it happening. Uh...I don't think so. I'm not going to try and replicate it auto-firing or even use the damn thing again. They said they could send me another one or a Half off price for an upgrade on another product. I really did not want another Capo 100W squonk after this. I did take the half off and upgraded to the Ijoy Capo 216 squonk. I paid 25$ for the capo 100 and got 50% off the capo 216 squonk. Basically I paid 49$ all said and done for the 216, not the greatest deal but I at least upgraded to (hopefully) a better mod. But I do have to give Kudos to Ijoy service for being easy and painless to work with, they were very good about it.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I had mine for 3 weeks and it just started autofiring. Luckily it happened right in front of me, so I pulled the battery. I never used the supplied RDA, it was dual coil and this mod can't handle handle it, it is so underpowered. I contacted Ijoy and explained what happened and they wanted me to send a video of it happening. Uh...I don't think so. I'm not going to try and replicate it auto-firing or even use the damn thing again. They said they could send me another one or a Half off price for an upgrade on another product. I really did not want another Capo 100W squonk after this. I did take the half off and upgraded to the Ijoy Capo 216 squonk. I paid 25$ for the capo 100 and got 50% off the capo 216 squonk. Basically I paid 49$ all said and done for the 216, not the greatest deal but I at least upgraded to (hopefully) a better mod. But I do have to give Kudos to Ijoy service for being easy and painless to work with, they were very good about it.
Hopefully you have better luck with the 216, the C(r)apo 100W should have never been released to the market.
They made some awesome RDTA's back in the day (Limitless Plus and Combo) but their mods are junk IMHO.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The Capo isn't a fully regulated device, because it lacks a boost circuit. So when you set it to max it puts out 4V max and output will drop as the battery gets drained.
That means it's not suited for higher ohm and/or powerhungry builds.

Excellent point :thumb:. It outputs in PWM.

@Anise – The Capo employs a higher than normal battery voltage cut off at ~3.5volts. Given the nominal voltage of many cells are between 3.6 and 3.7 volts, cutting off at 3.5 volts is not a lot of run time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread