iJoy Captain PD270 Box Mod and the iJoy 20700 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Ok so clearly this mod is superior to the Fuchai Duo. Power curve capability, higher amps, more mAh, higher max wattage. But with a higher price plus the need to buy new batteries (I'd want 4), decently more expensive.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I've tested both. the captain was just flat out bad. the duo tested much better

theclaw20

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2017
I've tested both. the captain was just flat out bad. the duo tested much better
I posted that based solely on the "official specs" and before I read your feedback on both devices. I ended up buying the Fuchai and not buying the Captain. And like you I find it peculiar that people are suggesting that a software update will fix a hardware related problem.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I thought we were over this. Firmware can't fix hardware.
And like you I find it peculiar that people are suggesting that a software update will fix a hardware related problem.
Alright guys. Search this thread to find where I said that firmware would fix hardware, and quote that in a reply.

Last edited:

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I posted that based solely on the "official specs" and before I read your feedback on both devices. I ended up buying the Fuchai and not buying the Captain. And like you I find it peculiar that people are suggesting that a software update will fix a hardware related problem.

Very peculiar indeed. especially in the review area where the review was posted before the product was received. Most of my reviews i use the product for at least a month before making one.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Very peculiar indeed. especially in the review area where the review was posted before the product was received. Most of my reviews i use the product for at least a month before making one.
Search this thread to find where I said that firmware would fix hardware, and quote that in a reply.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
So I just wanted to make one last post and then I'll be leaving this thread. If you have anything you want to respond to me feel free to PM me after this post but if you just quote me here I'm not going to reply to keep the thread from going sideways

I wanted to say first and foremost, why i started doing reviews. I can't speak for everyone's motivations but for me it was simple. I started doing it because I was tired of the hype circle. What i mean by that is company makes a new product, sends it to reviewers, starts to advertise it, reviewers use it for a day or 2, make a glowing review, sites put up pre orders, people buy based on those reviews, they get the product, its crap they notice all the things reviewers missed and then they decide to get something new and it happens again. In short I felt there were too few of reviewers you can actually trust out there. and I was tired of buying overhyped products that turned out to be crap and all the wasted money. So I started with one goal in mind, to be an independent person who doesn't make a living in the industry who can give fair and unbiased reviews. I've been vaping for over 5 years, I've used well over 200 devices in my lifetime. everything from MTL, to mechs, to regulated mods, to rebuildables, to PWMs, to sub ohm tanks etc etc. Even with me giving stuff away and selling stuff as it stands now I still have over 90 atomizers ,80 mods, and a few AIOs. Plus thankfully i have a good career where i can afford to buy stuff i want. I don't need free stuff to have a nice collection.

Just this year alone so far I've spent over 5k of my own money on vape gear and my channel. I've also spent over 500 hours of my own time since starting my channel on doing these reviews. and that doesn't even include all the time i spend building atomizers and such and taking notes. Even at minimum wage of like 8.50 an hour that's over 4k in my own labor and i can assure you my time is worth much more then 8.50 an hour. I don't monetize my channel, I don't have a patreon account, and I don't take money for doing reviews, I don't get involved in share a sales. Between my pure intentions, my disposable income, my experience, and my career (for over a decade in power generation and electrical construction) I feel like i have a very well rounded portfolio into being a trusted source. I regularly catch issues other reviewers don't. I was on top of the predator 510 pin long before any reviewer. I was telling people to avoid it on reddit and was met with but X reviewer said it's fine so your wrong type comments. It took me 2 days of usage to notice something was wrong. I caught the issues with the warlock Z box, i still haven't seen anyone else do that as well. That's just a few examples. I don't rush my reviews, i take my time and do a thorough job. every mod I do goes through a pretty brutal test that takes me an hour per mod (plus 1 hour set-up/breakdown). I do all of this just to help people make wise decisions.

I don't ask for anything in return. I felt the review industry needed a shake up. it's backwards. when something becomes one's source of income they have to always have that in the back of their mind. I mean if you know that giving a bad review could be the difference between paying your rent or not being able to, I think most people would opt not to be homeless. Lets face it, when it comes to money people are capable of anything which is why I wanted to leave money out of it.

So i take doing reviews very seriously, It means a lot to me. It's a hobby that has taken over a large part of my life over the past 6 months. I have a philosophy that if you want to do something, you do it right. you put effort in. you are thorough, you take your time, and you do a good job. and you do everything you can to minimize mistakes. I think if you want to be a reviewer you should also think about adopting the same philosophy.

So why am i saying this? well i think there are a lot of smart people here. I think they can truly see the difference in a review that is very thorough and took a lot of effort in compared to a "shill" review. and that's why I feel my channel is growing as well. There are plenty of other people like me who were fed up with shilling. When it comes to the captain, i tested it in and out i put it through hell, i vaped on it for weeks, i used about a dozen atomizers on it. And all this led to me one fair, unbiased, conclusion. the mod is a dud. It's that simple. Hell just to take it a step a step further i also have a rainbow one on the way to test. and i will retest and report back, but as of now I can't in good conscience recommend anyone to pick one up. Everyone may not agree with that assessment and that is fine. everyone can have their own opinion. I just wanted everyone to know what my source was and what I'm about and what i'm trying to do. I'm not here to tell people what to do with their money, I'm here to inform people so they can make smart decisions and not be a hype man or overexcited about a mod and love it after a day, then 2 weeks later hate it lol. I've seen it happen far too much.

See the thing is, when this happens, it means the vaping community as a whole, will get better. see if companies sales take a hit because of shoddy products, it will force them to make better ones. There were several "shill" accounts (and preyty obvious) on reddit from wismec. posting fake glowing 1 paragraph reviews as their only post for wismec products. Companies spend more time and money on pushing bad stuff, then making good stuff. because it works. If it didn't, we would be getting much better products then we get now.

So that was all I wanted to say i hope everyone here (and I'm sure you all will) understand where I'm coming from. I'm trying to do something good in the vaping community. something that a lot of big companies won't like, but if you make a product you should stand behind it. someone just has to start making people see this cause honestly, I'm tired of being promised the world, but ending up with crap and wasting money

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Good grief knock it off !

Ok, for starters, a Review isn't supposed to be a discussion thread.

Someone should have gone to Temperature Control and and made a discussion thread.
VG, I am gonna close this, and if you would, make a discussion thread in TC and link this review "thread" in your first post.
Thank you.

EDIT TO ADD :

Looks like there is a discussion thread going already :
Ijoy Captain PD270 - 20700 dual battery

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread