Ijoy Diamond Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchow40

Sep 7, 2018
So about a month ago my best friend bought an ijoy diamond and I really liked it so not even two weeks ago I bought one too. Well last week her mod stopped working completely. It won’t turn on at all. It’s like it’s dead but a charger nor different batteries do anything to help it. We tried different batteries, charging it, different tank, everything we could think that could affect it. I lost my receipt from the place I bought it so I can’t return it. Anyone had similar problems with theirs or know what could possibly be wrong?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
So about a month ago my best friend bought an ijoy diamond and I really liked it so not even two weeks ago I bought one too. Well last week her mod stopped working completely. It won’t turn on at all. It’s like it’s dead but a charger nor different batteries do anything to help it. We tried different batteries, charging it, different tank, everything we could think that could affect it. I lost my receipt from the place I bought it so I can’t return it. Anyone had similar problems with theirs or know what could possibly be wrong?
It could be a number of things that could cause it. There could have been juice spilled in it, it could have been dropped and a wire came loose, or the chip could have just burnt out. Stuff like that happens, and it isn't that uncommon. Unless you feel comfortable taking it apart, it may remain a mystery.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Some vendors will keep copies of your receipts on file, if you have an account, it may be worth checking, etc.

And yes it could really be anything, one of the things about pods and AIOs is that they can be rather tricky to figure out and diagnose and take apart I mean they were designed to be sort of an "All in one" type of situation, honestly.

If your friend can think back and see if anything changed that might be useful for the future, but in a sense I consider all pods to be sort of "disposable" I mean they all have internal batteries that are going to fail at some point or another, but it's too bad.

If you have a decent brick and mortar near you they may have an electronics expert who can try to figure out what went wrong, although I'm not entirely sure I'd be holding my breath on that.

Anna

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
So about a month ago my best friend bought an ijoy diamond and I really liked it so not even two weeks ago I bought one too. Well last week her mod stopped working completely. It won’t turn on at all. It’s like it’s dead but a charger nor different batteries do anything to help it. We tried different batteries, charging it, different tank, everything we could think that could affect it.
Not to be rude, but I couldn't tell how long either of you have been vaping.

Did you try 5 rapid clicks to turn it on? You'd be surprised how many novices didn't do that and thought they had a defective mod.

Other than that, it sounds like the circuit board has stopped working for whatever reason. Unless you can warranty it, there probably is not an easy fix.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread