The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Ijoy Genie PD 270

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by Fidola13, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    • Like Like x 1
  2. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Not familiar with that particular mod but Ijoy do not have the best track record with mods. Particularly their tc is sub-par.

Sent from my Thor E using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't own too many Joytech mods either and haven't been a fan of mine. It's weird, I enjoy eleaf's mods far more, even though they have the "same" parent company. Joytech does tanks and coils well (I am talking to you, CLR coil) but I haven't been thrilled with their mods. I don't know if they have different design teams, price points, or what, but I love eleaf stuff and not so much Joytech, I tend to find the machining and materials not so great.

This is just one opinion though, and if you aren't wanting the most effective TC of all time (i.e. you want to vape in wattage mode) you may just love it. I did use my Eleaf Invoke mod for TC and it supposedly has the same board as the pico, and it performed reasonably well (but I don't tend to reach high temps in my tanks OR to kick in temp protect very often, despite my puny TC settings, so I'm not certain that it's the best TC of all time, and have heard about inaccuracies with the pico. Which I did not like, for many reasons, but I am somewhat atypical when it comes to that, most people simply love them.

I think this would come down to personal preference. There are tons of Joytech fans out there. And I am one too... of their TANKS.

Anna

4. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Well I bought the Slice for $24 then I needed 26650 batteries that was another $20 now I need a charger :nah:! Lol! I obviously didn’t think thru getting this “cheap” mod idea!

Live n learn :?:

• Like Like x 1
  5. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    You can fit 2 2650s in a nitecore i4 on the ends with two 18650s in the middle

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I have both the Nitecore I4 and the Efest LUC V4 LCD. Both are good chargers. The Efest is a little cheaper and I like it better than the Nitecore. Both do 26500 batteries. The Efest will charge 2 of them in the center at 2 amp charge rate if you are in a hurry.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Ohhhhhhh great I have the Efest Luc 4 something or other. But the size of the 26650 looked too big for it. I didn’t actually attempt to put it in since it was in use. Thanks guys.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fidola13

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Crud my Efest doesn’t fit the 26650s. You’d think for the price it would :-x

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Hightech Redneck

Hightech Redneck Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    The luc v4 had an LCD display and they go in straight. Positive next to the screen, not sure which one that is.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.