I'm in seventh heaven but falling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
Hi there,

I am new here, been stalking the boards for the past 3 or 4 days and watching any videos I can get my hands on. I've been driving my husband crazy with it all. I ordered a Joye 510 kit from VaporKings and it arrived today!! (Great shipping speed)

It was funny, I was literally like a little kid on Christmas morning :) I opened it up and tried one of the free carts that came with the kit, it was ehh okay (I think it was red and white? not sure). Then I tried one of the cartomizers that I also ordered (straight tobacco) again not too happy with it. I am really trying to find something that I like the smell of? It seems to be all about smell for me. Right now I am trying the apple sample I got and I actually like that one. The throat hit is a little weird.

Ok so when I ordered, I kinda went a little crazy, as I read can happen. I ordered the 510 kit, a 5 pack of cartomizers 18mg "straight tobacco", 5 pack empty cartridges, a drip trip from T-manufacturing, a 30 ml bottle of "Virginia Blend". THen I saw there was some great sale on e-liquid at VapeMasters and I ordered the 555, East Coast and Fire Cured (FAST shipping btw). I don't like ANY of them! :( I am SURE its just a personal preference thing but I am getting a little dismayed.

I am getting dismayed firstly because I have 120ml of e-liquid that I don't like. I am hoping *REALLY* hoping that I just have to get "used" to it and because I don't know how I am going to find the right flavor.

Oh I also ordered a blunt syringe (but now I'm wondering what for?) some blue foam, some empty 3ml bottles (so I could carry smaller quantities of ejuice with me), hmm and today I just ordered 5ml bottles of watermelon, fuzzy navel (I ADORE fuzzy navels), thin mint, and cherry cola.

I'm going crazy lol I gotta find the flavors that I like. I just absolutely LOVE LOVE my 510. The throat hit and everything is PERFECT. I quit smoking 4 months ago and then somehow 2 weeks ago picked it back up and so am hoping this will keep me quit for good.

This is all part and parcel, I guess? I am still very excited hehe

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Hi there,

... but I am getting a little dismayed.

I am getting dismayed firstly because I have 120ml of e-liquid that I don't like. I am hoping *REALLY* hoping that I just have to get "used" to it and because I don't know how I am going to find the right flavor.

Oh I also ordered a blunt syringe (but now I'm wondering what for?) some blue foam, some empty 3ml bottles (so I could carry smaller quantities of ejuice with me), hmm and today I just ordered 5ml bottles of watermelon, fuzzy navel (I ADORE fuzzy navels), thin mint, and cherry cola.

I'm going crazy lol I gotta find the flavors that I like. I just absolutely LOVE LOVE my 510. The throat hit and everything is PERFECT. I quit smoking 4 months ago and then somehow 2 weeks ago picked it back up and so am hoping this will keep me quit for good.

This is all part and parcel, I guess? I am still very excited hehe

First, congrats on starting to vap!

Do NOT get dismayed, or overwelmed!

Also, I'd suggest (a bit late, sorry to say) that you purchase 5ml bottles of juice, until you find one that you absolutely love! Even then, you'll probably find that you want a change every so often!

I've found that I personally LOVE the juices I've purchased from Backwoods Brew, and Ms. T Bakery.

Try some unusual juices... butter... or green apple (from BWB... it's great!)

I have also now (after about 4, 5 months of vaping) begun to drip. You use a drip tip (which you say you've already purchased), and simply drip 2-3 drops straight onto the atomizer... much nicer flavor, no filler to deal with, no carts to deal with (you remove the cart from the atty, and simply put a drip tip on top of the atty... make sure you ALWAYS have some juice on the atty, or you'll get a horrible taste in your mouth, and possibly burn out your atty)

Don't get frustrated... and don't GIVE UP! Small bottles of juice, 5ml bottles, can be had for $2.95, with $3 shipping! There are also some vendors who offer sample packs! Expect to purchase a few that you hate, but once you find the one you love, you're set! (well.. until you hear about a new amazing, must try juice)

I find that there is some mess with dripping (you need to keep paper towels around, in case of sweating/leaking of the atty onto the battery), but it's much nicer, in my opinion!

Check out bottom feed juice boxes, when you're ready! They are the ULTIMATE in convenience! (Fill your 6ml bottle with your favorite juice, stick your long life battery into the device, and you're good to go all day! No mess, no fuss...)

Good Luck!

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
Thanks for the response!

Yeah, I *really* should not have gotten 30ml bottles. One I paid $21.95 for! Then, as I said, there was a sale..well, I am a woman and I love sales! But, as my husband always tells me, it isn't saving money if you don't end up using the thing you bought anyway :)

Its funny because the thought of "fruity" flavors or any flavor that resembled something other than "cigarette" seemed crazy to me. I told my husband about all these flavors and we were having a good laugh over them all and how silly it was. *blush* I think I am going to PREFER flavors that are NOT cigarette based lol

I guess I should wait till the other ejuices I ordered get here (5ml for these thankfully) and see if I like them before I order more. I just dont want to go too long without finding a juice I like for fear of picking up the 1/2 pack of cigarettes I still have left in my purse lol

I think I will HAVE to love at least the Fuzzy Navel. Here's hoping *fingers crossed*

smokingRN

Oct 3, 2010
Maryland
If today is your first day you need to try the different flavors again. At first the taste is different than a cig. I bought 10 bottles some I didn't like but now I do. You can also mix flavors you don't like with VG (from the drug store) and add Lorann flavoring to change them. There is info about mixing here and on youtube. I have a 510 from totally wicked. I am 3 weeks in and no cigs. I have ordered from 3 different sites and I am going to stop for now. I have too much juice. One site I ordered from, the juice has a strong peppery flavor. I'm not sure if it was added for TH or if it is because it is high in nic concentration. I also have a pass thru in the mail from HealthCabin but it is taking forever to get here. But the prices there are good. Take your time and keep asking questions. There are alot of people with experience here that can help you and keep you from wasting your money. The 510 is good but battery doesn't last long. Keep vaping.

foggy1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2010
S F Bay Area
Welcome to ECF..you ask..we answer.. and sometimes correctly
You are still getting used to the ecig and getting off all the chemicals that are not in the stinkies
There's going to be a change in your tastes so what may not taste good today, might next week.
Remember that you don't take cigarette type short drags on these..
Long, slow, about 5 second draws work best on these to get full vapor and flavor.
So keep at it, vary the pg/vg and nic levels; you can always trade what you really don't like

Willriker

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
CT, USA
Definately purchase 5 ml bottles. You do not know what you will like, but you will have an idea. Me? I like maple sugar candies, i impatiently wait all year for them to come in season. So, i knew that waffles would be something i would like to try.

But, here is the catch! What you buy, for a flavor at one supplier, may or may not taste better than the next supplier. So, not only do you need to worry about finding a flavor you like, but you also need to worry about which supplier makes it the best. I htought i loved the waffle from vaporbomb, but then a friend of mine tossed my the waffle he purchased from bombsdropvapor... It blew what i thought was good completely out of the water! Its like going to buy a philly cheese steak. Sure all are going to be similar, but i guarantee that youll soon find a place that makes it best. Just because you didnt really like a flavor all that much does not mean that another supplier will make it the same way.

Also, keep the stuff that you didnt really care for. Keep it for at least a couple weeks. Then try them again. Many flavors become better as they have a chance to mature. So, dont write off the others as a bad purchase just yet! And certainly do not toss them down the drain.

For some fun, the flavors you might not really care for may mix well with another flavor you have. There is nothing sacred about the fluids in those bottles, you can mix the contents together. I recently mixed a half bottle of coconut with a half bottle of banana i had. Oh my goodness!

Have some fun with it, but by all means, stick to the 5 ml bottles for a long time. There are too many flavors to try! Itll be a while before youll feel comfortable going with a 30 ml bottle of something.

Last edited:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Welcome aboard and good luck. All the advice above is solid. I think everyone struggles at first. You do have to really want to make it work. Even then their will be days when nothing seems to work. Atties die or get funky tasting sometimes even your favorite juice isn't tasting right. Batteries quit etc. However, if you really want it to work it will and remember that if your frustrated or having problems ASK QUESTIONS or even just come on and rant.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I too bit on the Vapemasters and Vapor Renu based on price. Now I have 120ml of juice I don't like. I have a 3ml sampler of Wyatt Earp I am in love with, and I really like the 3ml sample of AtmosUSA RY4 that came with my Copper. Should have an order from Backwoods in the mail today with a package from Vapor Station right behind it. I know I will definitely order from FreedomSmokeUSA, and Backwoods and VS will make that list too if I like their product. In the meantime, I have 120ml of "backup" juice, and maybe someone from the classifieds forum will trade me for something I like.

Curlygirl27

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Attica, MI
I agree that finding *your* flaovr can be difficult! I like the juice I get from Viking Vapor so far. I have not had any urge to get a tobacco-flavored juice but I did try an apple hickory smoke juice that had the TH and the taste... but o so much better!!! Small bottles are definitely the way to go.
The blunt syringe I am guessing is for filling your carts? I saw a thing on youtube where the guy suggested using a syringe so you can get all the way to the bottom of the cart... but what I do is take the filling out and fill some... then put the filling in and squish it around a bit to soak up what's already in there... then top it off. Am certainly not an expert but this seems to work well for me although now that I have my new eGo am a bit worried about flooding the atty...
Am right there with you in excitement as I just got mine too! Keep on trying new things and you will find the stuff you like. We'll get the hang of this! Woo hooo!

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
Yeah, I will let them set a bit and see how I like them later. I have been using the Virgina Flue Cure that I have because it is ok out of what I have. I might be getting used to it.

Thanks for letting me know that my taste/preference might change after being on the 510 for a few days. I certainly want to stay quit and since I have invested all this money into the 510, I will be sticking with it :)

Like I said earlier, I have some watermelon, fuzzy navel, thin mint, and cherry coke coming. I am really excited about that. It can't come soon enough hehe I sent a message to Backwoods Brew and really really want to try their cherry, peach, and Mt. Dew flavor? LOL I drink LOTS of Mt. Dew, I can't imagine smoking it lol

Backwoods Brew sells it only in 10ml bottles, I'm hoping it will be stuff I like since I was *going* to only order 5ml bottles hehe

I smoked for 25 years, took Chantix and it worked and I quit for 4 months. A friend came by and left me with 5 cigarettes and then did it to me agian a few days later. Then I bought a pack of cigarettes and well you know how it goes. I haven't had a cigarette now since noon. 4 hours and counting of being re-quit.

My husband is excited to test it out too. He's one of those smokers though that can get by with only smoking 1 a day - 3 a day and quits on command. He is only now taking puffs from mine because they are there. He is really interested in e-cigs but not really for himself, he just thinks they're cool :)

Anyway, THANK YOU! for all the responses, geesh I wasn't expecting that :)

MiztrezzLyn

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Central NY
I'm in trouble lol I just ordered from Mrs. T's Bakery (6ml bottles):

Cotton Candy
Caramel Apple
Green Apple Lollipop
Spearamint Gum

Bottle Buddy (so I can carry some ejuice around with me)

Then from Vapography I ordered a lanyard and some flavor bands (so I can keep track!) The lanyard is important and I couldn't think of any other way to keep the ecig with me and out of the hands of my children. They are 5 and 2 and I definitely don't want them to touch it. I am going to buy a locking box tonight (they are cheap at Walmart) to store all my stuff in so they can't get at it.

I'm getting the hang of this and that Virgina Flue Cured is growing on me.

The only real problem I am having now is..how do I know if the cartridge is getting dry? I look at it and I just can't tell. But when I went to put more drops on it it only took 2 MAYBE 3 more drops and it was doing that pooling thing so I dabbed it. I'm afraid of the atty getting dry too? I heard that was bad for the atty. How can I tell?

I guess I mean how long does a blank cartridge take to need a refill? I couldn't even get the amount I *think* I was supposed to get into a blank cartridge. I thought I heard it was like 15 drops? I could only get maybe 8 into it. Am I doing it wrong? I still don't know what the heck I bought a blunt syringe for. Am I supposed to be doing something with that? lol

I gotta stop, my husband will for real blow a gasket if he sees how much I spent. It was his idea for me to buy it, I wasn't even going to until he started coaxing me to lol It *is* his fault.

Sorrid

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2010
Tampa,Florida
You also need to give your new atomizers time to break in. They taste kind of odd for the first few carts but then they start to shine.

Atomizers come new with a a fluid in them to keep them moist. Now what it is exactly I'm not sure but others here may know.Is it unflavored PG maybe? Anyway it doesn't taste to good and it could be the reason you are not too fond of your juice selection right at the start.

Most here on the forums recommend blowing out that liquid into a paper towel before use and I agree with this. It does help get that atty broke in that much quicker.

I hope this helps you get started on the right foot.

Hey it's my first post! Go me!

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Welcome aboard the Vapor Train! We all understand how it is to try and find a really good juice. A great many of us are still going through this after weeks of being analog free. I bought a bunch of 5ml bottles and found out that I really do not like straight cherry flavors and I have yet to find anything "tobacco" that appeals to me.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I smoked for 25 years, took Chantix and it worked and I quit for 4 months. A friend came by and left me with 5 cigarettes and then did it to me agian a few days later. Then I bought a pack of cigarettes and well you know how it goes. I haven't had a cigarette now since noon. 4 hours and counting of being re-quit.

Cool!

I also haven't had an analog since Tues. night, so we've both quit basically the same day!

10/20/10.... I figure that's an easy date to remember, and hey, I'll use ANYTHING to finally, completely quit analogs!

It's funny... when I first discovered digital cigs, I purchased Marban juice, and other "smoke" flavored juices... figuring that it would most accurately replace smoking.

Took about one day for me to realize, you know what? I don't really LIKE the taste of tobacco!

Yea... I like the nicotine... I like the act of holding the cig in my hand, taking a drag... blowing billows of smoke into the air.

The taste?

Yuk!

Now... it's Green Apples, Butter, Snickerdoodle and Banana Cream Pie! Still blow billows of smoke (well, vaper), but now it tastes GREAT!

Willriker

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
CT, USA
I'm in trouble lol I just ordered from Mrs. T's Bakery (6ml bottles):

Cotton Candy
Caramel Apple
Green Apple Lollipop
Spearamint Gum

Bottle Buddy (so I can carry some ejuice around with me)

Then from Vapography I ordered a lanyard and some flavor bands (so I can keep track!) The lanyard is important and I couldn't think of any other way to keep the ecig with me and out of the hands of my children. They are 5 and 2 and I definitely don't want them to touch it. I am going to buy a locking box tonight (they are cheap at Walmart) to store all my stuff in so they can't get at it.

I'm getting the hang of this and that Virgina Flue Cured is growing on me.

The only real problem I am having now is..how do I know if the cartridge is getting dry? I look at it and I just can't tell. But when I went to put more drops on it it only took 2 MAYBE 3 more drops and it was doing that pooling thing so I dabbed it. I'm afraid of the atty getting dry too? I heard that was bad for the atty. How can I tell?

I guess I mean how long does a blank cartridge take to need a refill? I couldn't even get the amount I *think* I was supposed to get into a blank cartridge. I thought I heard it was like 15 drops? I could only get maybe 8 into it. Am I doing it wrong? I still don't know what the heck I bought a blunt syringe for. Am I supposed to be doing something with that? lol

I gotta stop, my husband will for real blow a gasket if he sees how much I spent. It was his idea for me to buy it, I wasn't even going to until he started coaxing me to lol It *is* his fault.

If you hear a gurgling sound, you flooded your atomizer. Either use it like normal until you vape out the excess, then it will return to normal, ot remove the atomizer and blow through it until the excess has been removed. (noone told me this, but blow into a paper towel... i got brown e-juice all over my one day old white shirt!!!!) Good thing my wife is so happy about my using this PV. She just bought that shirt for me!

You will notice an off taste, almost burnt. Thats when you know youre running dry. If your not getting that off taste, you still have fluid in your cart (your atomizer isnt starting to dry out). So, no need to worry. My personal problem is that the flavor seems to be not as strong after a little bit. But, there is still plenty of fluid inside. I use to top it back off, and then flood my atomizer again, causing a differant problem. I found that letting it sit for 30 seconds, and taking a few sips of water fixes this problem and of course wont flood my atomizer.

Youll find yourself drinking a lot more water, a good thing anyway, because the vapor absorbs water. It dries you out more than analogs do. So, things like cotton mouth is normal. and, because of cotton mouth, you think that your cart has lost some flavor. Then you and more, and flood it, but dehydrate your mouth a bit more... its a vicious cycle. Drinking more water fixes this. Trust me, the flavor is still there.

Oh as for how many drops your cart will take. I experimented with differant PG/VG values to find what i liked. I found that a 80% PG mixture absorbed into the filler much more readily than a 80% VG mixture. If you have a decent amount of VG (it makes the vapor your exhaling) it will take longer to absorb into the filler material. Also, it is pretty viscous. It has a habit of trapping air bubbles in the bottom of the cart. I use a paper clip to help air to escape when refilling. That may be one reason why you arent able to put as much into your cart as others are.

Anothe rreason could be that not all fillers are equal. some are packed into the cart more so than others. The tighter it is packed in there, well, the less room you have for fluid. Try fluffing out the filler the next time you rinse it out.

enjoy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread