Not open for further replies.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Pete54
Many thanks for the help. I really appreciate your assistance and for providing me with the links. I've made a small comparison between the total cost of buying the kaji box and The GG with AFS on Vaporkings.com and found that The GG kit would cost me:

(1) GG Telescopic Storm with brass telescopic center section: $158.50
(1) GG AVS tank with plastic mouthpiece: $79.50
(2) GG 901 3.7 Volt iAtty: $13.00 each
(2) AW Orange 18650 3.7v 1600 mAh LiMN rechargeable battery: $ 12.95 each
(1) TrustFire TR-001 multi-function lithium-ion battery charger: $17.95
Total: $307.85 + $4.95 shipping costs = $312.8

while if I wanted to buy the Kaji box, the costs according to the links you've provided me with are:
(1) Kaji: $140 (6 ml bottle model) + $8.55 Shipping costs = $148.55
(2) AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery + DSD 2 Station Charger: $21 + $11.99 + $6.75 shipping costs = $39.74
(2) Colored 306 Drip Tips: $15 (shipping costs included with the LRs)
(2) Low Resistance Atomizers 306: $18 + $7 shipping costs = $25
Total: $228.29

So the difference is $84.51 excluding e-liquid costs and assuming that all of The GG parts are in stock and no additional costs have to be recorded. Not bad. But is there anything missing from the two lists? For example, do I need an adapter for the 306 atty to be attached to the Kaji? And is there anything else I need to consider before ordering? Keep in mind that I need to wait 2 weeks for the delivery to arrive at the Kuwaiti port.

And many thanks again.

I have been vaping for nearly 15 months and a member of this (and other) forums before that time. I have to say this --

I have never seen a more informed newbie. Your questions are legitimate and denote that you have done thorough research prior to purchasing. Kudos.

The 306 atomizer is the identical thread as the 510, so no adapter is needed. Best of luck, Averroes.

cdmcfud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Keithville.La.
Pete54
Many thanks for the help. I really appreciate your assistance and for providing me with the links. I've made a small comparison between the total cost of buying the kaji box and The GG with AFS on Vaporkings.com and found that The GG kit would cost me:

(1) GG Telescopic Storm with brass telescopic center section: $158.50
(1) GG AVS tank with plastic mouthpiece: $79.50
(2) GG 901 3.7 Volt iAtty: $13.00 each
(2) AW Orange 18650 3.7v 1600 mAh LiMN rechargeable battery: $ 12.95 each
(1) TrustFire TR-001 multi-function lithium-ion battery charger: $17.95
Total: $307.85 + $4.95 shipping costs = $312.8

while if I wanted to buy the Kaji box, the costs according to the links you've provided me with are:
(1) Kaji: $140 (6 ml bottle model) + $8.55 Shipping costs = $148.55
(2) AW IMR18650 1600mAh LiMN rechargeable lithium battery + DSD 2 Station Charger: $21 + $11.99 + $6.75 shipping costs = $39.74
(2) Colored 306 Drip Tips: $15 (shipping costs included with the LRs)
(2) Low Resistance Atomizers 306: $18 + $7 shipping costs = $25
Total: $228.29

So the difference is $84.51 excluding e-liquid costs and assuming that all of The GG parts are in stock and no additional costs have to be recorded. Not bad. But is there anything missing from the two lists? For example, do I need an adapter for the 306 atty to be attached to the Kaji? And is there anything else I need to consider before ordering? Keep in mind that I need to wait 2 weeks for the delivery to arrive at the Kuwaiti port.

And many thanks again.

I thank you would be better off getting a reo.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Averroes, all I have to say here is that a regulated 5 volt mod is the way to go. I've been using 6 volt mods with high resistance attys for a while and thought that they were the ultimate. I was wrong. Last night I was at a vaper's party at a bar here in Michigan and met Jay (the maker of the GLV) and tried the GLV2 5 volt with a kr808 carto. Oh my god! THAT'S a nice vape!
Definitely consider 5 volts.

Averroes

Jul 30, 2010
Kuwait
The only thing I would add is that, due to the long wait and hassles of shipping into Kuwait, I'd buy about 6 atty's. Those are the only part of the equation that will wear out. I haven't killed a 306 atty yet (3 weeks) but, like all atty's, their lifespan is precarious. You do not need an adapter for 306's. They have the same threading as 510's do.
You're right, I don't want to be in that situation where I don't have the necessary supplies or at least spare parts at my disposal. Thanks for answering my questions :)

Really, both the GGTS/AVS and Kaji are both valid choices. And I agree most emphatically with getting the 6ml bottle option on the Kaji. It's really a matter of personal preference of size, shape and aesthetics.

The only advantage that the GGTS would have is the ability to natively take any atty or battery in 2nd gen mode (without the self juicing AVS). The GGTS is kind of like the swiss army knife of vaping.
I agree with what you've said. As for the only advantage that the GGTS has over the Kaji, It's good for those who use that advantage, I can live without that option :) And I hope the Kaji gets to the point where it's as good as GGTS when it comes to multiple options in one PV.

I'm going to also suggest cartomziers to go with your device of choice at this point beacause of this statement.

You fill one up, you vape it for hours, no dripping, no cartridges to top off. You take a couple of them with you, you're set for an entire day.

I use the standard Boge cartomizers with great success.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have considered them for a while, but how long do they last compared to a regular atty, say, a 510 or a 306? And do the ones you gave the link for have the filler material in them? I need to be sure of their durability compared to regular atomizers because I'm going to order many of them every single shipment to save shipping costs. By the way, I pay for the shipment to be sent from the vendor to my shipping agency, and then I pay $10.45 for the first half a kilo that is shipped to Kuwait, and $8.72 for every additional half a kilo (0.5 kilogram = 17.637 oz. = 1.10231 lb). Thats the cost you pay if you're living 7,000 miles away from the US :D

I have been vaping for nearly 15 months and a member of this (and other) forums before that time. I have to say this --

I have never seen a more informed newbie. Your questions are legitimate and denote that you have done thorough research prior to purchasing. Kudos.

The 306 atomizer is the identical thread as the 510, so no adapter is needed. Best of luck, Averroes.
Thank you for the compliment and information, I'm still learning :D

I thank you would be better off getting a reo.
As Pete54 said, could you please explain what makes the reo a competitor to the kaji or the GGTS w/AFS? I haven't found information about it here on ECF except a video on Youtube that "has been removed by the user".

Averroes, all I have to say here is that a regulated 5 volt mod is the way to go. I've been using 6 volt mods with high resistance attys for a while and thought that they were the ultimate. I was wrong. Last night I was at a vaper's party at a bar here in Michigan and met Jay (the maker of the GLV) and tried the GLV2 5 volt with a kr808 carto. Oh my god! THAT'S a nice vape!
Definitely consider 5 volts.
Thanks for your suggestion. As I replied to BiancaMontgomery in this post, how long do the cartos last compared to a 510 atty or a 306?

cdmcfud

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Keithville.La.
Could you share some insight as to why you feel that way? Have you used several different 3rd Gen mods and found the Reo to be better? If so, how.
Thanks.

I have, and the reo works as well as the kaji journeyman, it's less expensive, it comes standard with 6 ml. bottle, and you can use it with any atomizer, without a special order.
In other words he isn't charging for stuff you should have gotten for free when you bought it in the first place.

Last edited:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I have, and the reo works as well as the kaji journeyman, it's less expensive, it comes standard with 6 ml. bottle, and you can use it with any atomizer, without a special order.
In other words he isn't charging for stuff you should have gotten for free when you bought it in the first place.
I believe they are the same price, $135.00. The Kaji with the 6ml option is $5.00 more.
The Kaji can be used natively with a 510 or 306. It comes with an adapter for a 901 at no extra cost. It also works just fine with 510 cartomizers. Exactly what other "stuff" is he charging you for?

Edit: I see that the Reo is now selling for $128.00. If the $12.00 is an issue then, yes, the Reo is less expensive.

Last edited:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I don't want to see this come down to a battle between mods. Both the Reo and Kaji are great, top of the line , products. Concerning flooding, neither mod has a problem in this area. The Reo has a large brass cup that catches excess juice. The Kaji seems to suck any excess juice away. As far as getting juice all over it, that statement makes me wonder if you have, in fact, actually used a Kaji. You would have to push the plunger in for quite a long time to "force" it to flood. Flooding is just not an issue with either. The Reo is extremely solid and built like a tank. It is, however, quite a bit larger than the Kaji. The Reo uses a native 801 connection. Tha Kaji uses a native 510. I am not a fan of 801's so that, along with the size is primarily the reason I prefer the Kaji. The way the juice is delivered to the coil is slightly different as well. I prefer the Kaji's system. Just my personal opinion here. Either mod would be a great choice.

Averroes

Jul 30, 2010
Kuwait
I'm glad that you guys have discussed the differences between the Reo and the Kaji (journeyman) for everyone to learn. I hope there is no tension between you guys, I love the spirit of those who share their knowledge and experiences, keep it up :)

You know, in either case (either buying the kaji or the reo), I think I'm going to keep it at home or take it with me during gatherings. I don't want to take it out and use it in public. Kuwait is VERY VERY new to this stuff. Sometimes when someone sees me vaping on my black 510, he sticks on me like super glue asking me questions and from where to get it, and it’s just a 510 trial kit that was intended for trial only. What would happen if I sit in a public place puffing at 6V? Smokers in non-smoking areas might stare at me in absolute envy!

I think I might order (in addition to the mod) another e-cig, but I’m thinking of what Bianca has suggested, she mentioned the cartos, what do you guys think? Should I go for it? And who has the best prices (without compromising quality). If anyone could give me in the best link to a vendor that sells KR808D-1 e-cig starter kit, I would really appreciate it. And one more thing, and it's probably a redundant question as I asked this question in an earlier post but nobody answered me: Do cartos live as much as atomizers? And do they produce the same vapor and flavor as the 510 that I have (510 trial kit w/auto battery)?

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I haven't tried the XL Cartomizer for the Ego yet but I have tried both KR808 and 510 Carto's I much prefer the Boge 510 Carto's with soft removable tip. I did not like the SLB branded carto's at all. The Boges have an aluminum thread while the SLB have a brass (colored) thread. Here is a link to inexpensive cartos.
510 Blank Cartomizers ( Pack of 5 ) [VJDA014] - $7.95 : VaporJunction, E-Cigarette Supply
I understand that they sell these very cheap ($1.00 each) here 510 Cartomizer-$1/each - DPV5-510 Cartomizer - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd but I've never ordered anything from them.
As to how long they last, if you vape at 3.7v you can refill them anywhere from 4 -10 times or more. Since they cost so little I usually toss them after about 4 refills. Although they produce great vapor at higher voltage, I would think twice about it. I've taken many apart after a couple of uses and found burned material around the coil from the excessive heat. There are also the "new" Edition 2 Carto's that have just come out. These do not use any filler so burning is a non issue. The early versions did not wick well at all. I have 10 of them sitting here that I might as well toss in the garbage. I do understand that they have made improvements to the design that solve the problem, however I would wait a while to make sure that a) you don't get the old ones like I did and b) until we see some good reviews from users. Last thing is, on the Boge carto's, they do last a long time. I get about 5-6 hours on one carto. The vapor is good but not nearly as luxurious as dripping or feeder mods give. Hope all this helps.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I don't want to see this come down to a battle between mods. Both the Reo and Kaji are great, top of the line , products. Concerning flooding, neither mod has a problem in this area. The Reo has a large brass cup that catches excess juice. The Kaji seems to suck any excess juice away. As far as getting juice all over it, that statement makes me wonder if you have, in fact, actually used a Kaji. You would have to push the plunger in for quite a long time to "force" it to flood. Flooding is just not an issue with either. The Reo is extremely solid and built like a tank. It is, however, quite a bit larger than the Kaji. The Reo uses a native 801 connection. Tha Kaji uses a native 510. I am not a fan of 801's so that, along with the size is primarily the reason I prefer the Kaji. The way the juice is delivered to the coil is slightly different as well. I prefer the Kaji's system. Just my personal opinion here. Either mod would be a great choice.

The 801 on the Reo has tastier vape, the 510 on the Kaji features better throat hit. I've tried to flood a Kaji (it's hard to do), but it seems juice went out of the bottom of the atty onto the top of the box. The Reos I've tried were comparatively easier to flood (though I had Redeyedancer's earlier prototypes) but the brass top fitting did catch it all.

The copper tube feeding system of the Kaji is better-IMHO-except that it makes changing the bottles a bit more difficult than on the Reo.

Both are excellent mods. If I were to argue that one is better than the other it would reveal more about my personal preferences and prejudices than it would the actual differences between the two.

Averroes

Jul 30, 2010
Kuwait
vapor4life sells the kr808 starter kit. I think youd be even happier with an ego and an xl cartomizer its the future of vaping.
Thank you for your suggestion. I took a look at the reviews on youtube, and it seems like the vapor production on the KR808D-1 cartos is relatively weak compared to a 510. But anyway, I'll consider it as an option.

I haven't tried the XL Cartomizer for the Ego yet but I have tried both KR808 and 510 Carto's I much prefer the Boge 510 Carto's with soft removable tip. I did not like the SLB branded carto's at all. The Boges have an aluminum thread while the SLB have a brass (colored) thread. Here is a link to inexpensive cartos. I understand that they sell these very cheap ($1.00 each) here but I've never ordered anything from them. As to how long they last, if you vape at 3.7v you can refill them anywhere from 4 -10 times or more. Since they cost so little I usually toss them after about 4 refills. Although they produce great vapor at higher voltage, I would think twice about it. I've taken many apart after a couple of uses and found burned material around the coil from the excessive heat. There are also the "new" Edition 2 Carto's that have just come out. These do not use any filler so burning is a non issue. The early versions did not wick well at all. I have 10 of them sitting here that I might as well toss in the garbage. I do understand that they have made improvements to the design that solve the problem, however I would wait a while to make sure that a) you don't get the old ones like I did and b) until we see some good reviews from users. Last thing is, on the Boge carto's, they do last a long time. I get about 5-6 hours on one carto. The vapor is good but not nearly as luxurious as dripping or feeder mods give. Hope all this helps.

(links have been removed from my quote since I haven't reached 15 posts yet to allow me to include links in my posts or quotes)
I thought the 510 blank cartos could be a good option since they have an atty - with a filler material surrounding it - that can be filled, refilled, and consumed as much as any regular 510 atty. But given the videos I saw on youtube on the 510 cartos compared to regular 510 atomizers, in addition to the information you've given me, It seems like buying a regular 510 atomizer with blank carts or a drip tip produce better vapor. Some said that the throat hit on the KR808D-1 cartos is better than the 510, but since I’m going to use that e-cig only during times I’m in public places, I think I can live with that until I get home and vape away with my PV.

And yes, you've been very helpful during my journey to find the best e-cig and PV :) I don't know how to repay you the favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread