Imr or aw imr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
Is there a difference? So I'm wanting to set up a mech for my husbands bday but I need to be sure i get all the right stuff. Cant really be sure but is aw just the brand? I have a lot of efest imr high drain. Will these work? What is the lowest ohm that can safely be done on the ones i have? I have the mod it's a sigelei 19 it came with a short circuit protector to stick on the battery but I'd like to assume it won't work and be safe anyway. Also what ohm range is safe for protected batteries? The shop said to only use protected but what I've seen is you should not use protected. He will probably stay in the 1-1.5 ohm range but I'd like to know the limits of the batteries just in case. We have been vaping 3 yrs so we r far from newbs I just need to be sure i understand the info before firing it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

polpol

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Manila
Aw is a brand. Actually it's THE brand. :) I think efest imr high drain is fine, I use them.

Highly suggest getting familiar with ohm law. Efest is rated 10A. Theoretically, a .42ohm coil would draw 10A. I personally try not to go lower than .6ohms...

Protected batteries are usually icr, a "less safe" chemistry, thus the need for protection. I'd stick with imr batteries. Never use unprotected icr batteries...

tapatalk

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
I use efest battery's (only) they are rated for 10A continues drain (if that's the correct word), but pulse 30A...
So sorry I know I'm not making any sense, anyways since we basically only "pulse" the button down for a very short time then the battery's are fine. I vape dual coils at .25 ohms with .8 flat kenthal wire and at .45 ohms with .6 wire. The battery's can handle it very well and No the battery's don't heat up, the main thing is to check for shorts and keep the coils away from the base of the RBA, if the RBA is getting very hot something isn't right. Good luck and I hope this post somehow made sense.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
When I go under .5Ω, I use the AW IMR 18650 1600mAh. These batteries have a 24 Amp continuous discharge rating. Other options would be the MNKE IMR 18650 (20 Amp continuous) and the Samsung INR 18650 20R (22 Amp). And the Sony US18650VTC3 (30 Amp).

The AW 1600mAh (and only the 1600 are rated at 24A) are the only buttontop batteries in this list. The rest are flat buttontops.
The Samsung are the only 2000mAh batteries (the rest are 1500-1600 mAh)

kaddigart

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2013
Insomniville
Google is your friend, and it replies more quickly. I searched for "ego e cig amps" and the second hit led me to this thread.

Keep in mind for the eGo style batteries, most of this info is from people who've tested them, not the manufacturer. It took some digging for me to even find out the battery type for my Dial-a-volts (basically the same as an eGo).

As for others like your AW's, the manufacturer or supplier will have a link to the datasheets on their sites that state all the info on them you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread