Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Trying to find a mod that can fill these requirements:

1. Bottom fed rda.
2. Very low voltage drop. (I use an authentic Stingray now)
3. Can handle all day long sub-ohm chain vaping without issue.
4. Uses 18650's. Regulated vv/vw would be nice but not absolutely necessary.

Is there anything that checks all these boxes? The Reo can't do #3 from what I understand.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
It can with the new rebuild kit installed. The kit improves v-drop too. It doesn't turn the Reo into a Poldiac, but you can sub-ohm all day on it.

You always could, but you had to clean it more often. I have been running 0.6Ω on a Reo Grand for ages and the improvement of the new kit means less cleaning and better battery life.

T

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
supertrunker nailed it.

All new REO's now come with the upgraded contacts that allow you to subΩ all day with no issues for days without cleaning.

I've been running dual coil setups ~.4-.5Ω for my ADV since the upgrade. I don't know how low you go but I've seen folks running them at .3Ω with no issues. They still spark when you get that low but it doesn't keep them from running fine and you can always use Deoxit or Noalox to eliminate the sparking. I think all mods spark when you get below .5Ω you just cant see it.

There's talk about a future REO that will have room for a kick of your choice but the VV/VW REO is out of production.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Sparking? Where is this occurring? That sounds like a big issue to me. I'm pretty sure there's no sparking going on while dripping with my Stingray. I am usually running at/under 0.35ohm, sometimes as low as 0.2ohm. I had heard that the Reo's button heats up a lot and will fail with extended chain vaping. Is this not the case?

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
There's a new button in the kit too - i have not melted mine yet (and i melted ooh about 9 of the old ones!)

I'm sure all mods arc when contacts meet, just that you can see it more on a Reo. Opinion i have read so far seems to suggest that at 0.25Ω you are ok, and much below that the spring struggles.

T

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
The Origin V2 with the BF center pin upgrade is a good option. I have one and I love it. You want to make sure you have the LP (Low Profile) version of the REO which has room for larger atty's.

If you have the money, most folks seem to prefer the Cyclone or Cyclone AFC (AKA Cyclops). Last I checked they're pretty scarce right now though. It doesn't leak in your pocket when you close it off like the Origin does. I think the Origin is a better vape though.

If you don't need AFC, dollar for dollar its hard to beet the RM2 from REO's Mods. They also carry a BF modded iGo-S if you're on a budget.

More food for thought on REO compatible RBA's
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/377836-reo-compatible-rbas.html

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Sparking? Where is this occurring? That sounds like a big issue to me. I'm pretty sure there's no sparking going on while dripping with my Stingray. I am usually running at/under 0.35ohm, sometimes as low as 0.2ohm. I had heard that the Reo's button heats up a lot and will fail with extended chain vaping. Is this not the case?

sparking or arcing is just a fact of life in ALL mech mods. just harder to see in a tubesteak than a Reo.

actually, i misspoke. arcing is a fact of life in ALL mechanical electrical connections, not just mods.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
you said you thought arcing was a big issue. it is not. every mech mod or flashlight or electrical switch on the planet arcs.

Yes I realize that arcing occurs in mechanical switches. I originally thought X-Puppy was talking about some sort of short. This misunderstanding has been cleared up.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I think outside the "box".
Brass Nemmy with a 3D hybrid dripper.
It's sorta bottom fed. One squish lowers the deck and squirts juice on the wicks, otherwise it's a rock solid dripper.
Brass nemmy's have very low voltage drop and can accept 18650's and a kick if needed.
Tons of reviews around, so ya know by your getting into.

The only downside is the chamber only holds a couple ml's of juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread