Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Blu e-cigarettes help you make friends, light up when you're near another Blu smoker -- Engadget

I wish people would know what the hell they write before they publish it.

$80 a pack, I know Blu is expensive but not that expensive.

It only makes the industry seem less legitimate.

Well, they didn't do anything original.

They just turned Blucigs into a mini Twitter. Radio based social networking.

Of course, this might get them some business! More experienced vapers will be buying these as an alarm box to avoid Blucig users, or alternatively give a small seminar on decent e-cigs.

Ez Wider~Z

Apr 16, 2011
M@$$@¢hu$3tt$
It definetly is not a fufilling idea.. Its to simple not really something next generation. But it sounds like its new sloppy copy (testing example) so its a start i guess.. I didnt happen to notice if they hav already done this but,they should just make an option to be able to turn off the e-cig friend finder/gps. Instead of satisfying the people who like this idea satisfy the ppl who dont as well by making a switch that would make the most sense lol.

Last edited:

jlarsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
Helena, MT
What a ridiculous marketing idea!

It is ridiculous because it is from Blu, so it is all about marketing, and not about quality, and like almost everything else Blu (the 510 connection is an exception), it is proprietary.

Some commenter to the article suggested a smartphone app. Rather than giving Blu an extra $50, vapers could download an app for $1, and get the same function, their phone would let them know another vaper was nearby, and it could be someone vaping any device, not just Blu.

Not totally a bad idea, to know that a fellow vaper is nearby, hang out with them and avoid the secondhand smoke. I wouldn't buy Blu again, even without the smart pack, and certainly not with it.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Some commenter to the article suggested a smartphone app. Rather than giving Blu an extra $50, vapers could download an app for $1, and get the same function, their phone would let them know another vaper was nearby, and it could be someone vaping any device, not just Blu.

Not totally a bad idea, to know that a fellow vaper is nearby, hang out with them and avoid the secondhand smoke. I wouldn't buy Blu again, even without the smart pack, and certainly not with it.

I agree with that 100%. I'd rather have an app that buzzes my phone when another vaper with the app is nearby, than bust out the blu from mothballs (I keep it as a backup). I thought it was a cute idea at first but now that I actually start to think about it, I think its never gonna go anywhere. First if you actually do bump into anyone with a blu it'll drain your PCC battery. Second of all Why? I can spot a PV 100 yards away, be it a 510 gas station model or a gigantic mod. I just can. I don't need to be buzzed when I'm within 50 feet of one. Hell where I live I'd be happy to be within a quarter mile of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread