In the quest for a "serious" flavor....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
Took advantage of some Memorial Day sales to place a few new e-liquid orders. I have juices from Backwoods Brew (Casablanca, Bacco, Malty, Smoke), a sampler from Smokeless Image (
RY4, 555, Desert Joe, Cowboy,Freedom)
, a few from FreedomSmokeUSA (Wyatt, Perique Black, Dark Vapure, RY4, PureCig) and a couple flavors from Vapor God that came free with blank cartomizers I ordered (RY4, DK tobacco.)

I'm hoping that somewhere in the mix I'll find the serious, not sweet, dirty, grown-man tobacco flavor that I'm looking for. I'm really enjoying the sweetish taste of favorites like Bobas and Bounty Hunter, but I'll rest easier knowing I've got a real analog flavor in my arsenal as well.
Anyone else go a little overboard ordering stuff this weekend? :oops: :vapor:

occultangle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't tried a whole lot of flavors yet, but I have a suggestion for you. Try "....-LIKE BOLD" from CIGNOT. It actually has some black gunk floating around in it, and you have to shake it up. It's borderline gross, but in a satisfyingly real tobacco way.

Also, the next time you order from Vapor God give their toasted almond flavor a try. It's not tobacco but there is something wonderful about the flavor that helps me when I am missing analogs, and it's not sweet at all which is good for me.

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
I haven't tried a whole lot of flavors yet, but I have a suggestion for you. Try "....-LIKE BOLD" from CIGNOT. It actually has some black gunk floating around in it, and you have to shake it up. It's borderline gross, but in a satisfyingly real tobacco way.

Also, the next time you order from Vapor God give their toasted almond flavor a try. It's not tobacco but there is something wonderful about the flavor that helps me when I am missing analogs, and it's not sweet at all which is good for me.

That would be just my luck if something named "....-Like Bold" turned out to be my favorite flavor. Their description sounds awesome though! :)I'm going to try it after I try out my new stuff. Toasted almond sounds really good too. Thanks for those suggestions!

Flyer said:
I know I'll probably get some heat on this here, but at least try dripping.

Why would you get heat? I never said I wouldn't try dripping...especially for the purposes of testing out these juices I def. will be. I don't think me not dripping is related to wanting a flavor that's not sweet though.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Why would you get heat? I never said I wouldn't try dripping...especially for the purposes of testing out these juices I def. will be. I don't think me not dripping is related to wanting a flavor that's not sweet though.[/QUOTE said:
I only mentioned dripping for the flavor enhancement it provides. Seems the subject of dripping is a hot button here - pro vs con.

Greykin

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona, USA
I know your pain. I'd love nothing better than to find a good, actual tobacco flavored juice...I'm starting to think it's like finding a twinkie after the zombie apocalypse.

Anyhow, I've only tried flavors from my local shop (Freedom Smoke USA)...and their Maxx Blend, which is supposed to be like Marboros, was too syrupy, and their Cam-Blend was to herby/spicy...so I mixed the two 50%/50% and I found something that works on the analog taste craving. I can't say that my mix actually tastes like cigarettes, but the spicy with a maple undertone kind of does it for me.

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
I know your pain. I'd love nothing better than to find a good, actual tobacco flavored juice...I'm starting to think it's like finding a twinkie after the zombie apocalypse.

Anyhow, I've only tried flavors from my local shop (Freedom Smoke USA)...and their Maxx Blend, which is supposed to be like Marboros, was too syrupy, and their Cam-Blend was to herby/spicy...so I mixed the two 50%/50% and I found something that works on the analog taste craving. I can't say that my mix actually tastes like cigarettes, but the spicy with a maple undertone kind of does it for me.

Nice, sounds good. I know I'll never really get a 100% analog taste, and in fact I tried a real cig a couple weeks ago at the bar, and couldn't believe how strange it tasted. Reminded me of being 14 and smoking outside my high school and feeling socially awkward, haha. But I would still want that exact flavor in an e-liquid if I could get it. :laugh:

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
Anyone else go a little overboard ordering stuff this weekend? :oops: :vapor:

Yes. Yes, I did. :unsure:

I've been loving Vapedude juices. I've already tried Lemonade, Strawberry- Lemonade, Spearmint (my all day vape), Bubblegum, Banana Cream, Strawberry Fields, Cotton Candy, and Strawberry Cream.

This weekend I ordered a larger battery from Volt and a carrying case for my growing collection of batteries and cartomizers. From Vapedudes I ordered 5 more bottles. I'm going to try out Gummy Bears, Sugar Cookie, Thin Mint, and Vanilla Mint, and I'm getting a 30ml bottle of the spearmint I liked so much.

If you haven't noticed, I prefer the sweeter flavors. :laugh:

Last edited:

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
Yes. Yes, I did. :unsure:

I've been loving Vapedude juices. I've already tried Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade, Spearmint (my all day vape), Bubblegum, Banana Cream, Strawberry Fields, Cotton Candy, and Strawberry Cream.

This weekend I ordered a larger battery from Volt and a carrying case for my growing collection of batteries and cartomizers. From Vapedudes I ordered 5 more bottles. I'm going to try out Gummy Bears, Sugar Cookie, Thin Mint, and Vanilla Mint, and I'm getting a 30ml bottle of the spearmint I liked so much.

If you haven't noticed, I prefer the sweeter flavors. :laugh:

Have you tried Fiddle Faddle from Kick Bass Vapors? OMG. I'm addicted to the stuff. And I hated the sweeter juices when I started a couple of weeks ago.

martsumoto

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
Ecuador
www.liquivapejuice.com
Interestingly, when I started vaping I searched everywhere to try and find something that tasted like my old friend Marlboro Red. I never found it. Once I made the mental transition from "trying to quit" to "I'm a vaper", I haven't ordered a tobacco flavor since.

Very wise of you! Not replace ever found for marlboro red but i felt satisfied with v2 red for a while, then I went for sweet tobacco notes

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
Have you tried Fiddle Faddle from Kick Bass Vapors? OMG. I'm addicted to the stuff. And I hated the sweeter juices when I started a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't tried that one and thanks for the recommendation, but... are you trying to break my bank?! :ohmy: (kidding) Next time I buy juices, I'll check that one out. :toast:

Carto-Miser

Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New York
Try some of the Mom and Pop tobacco flavors with WTA! I go a tobacco Phaze sample in my last order form them and it was as close to analog as I have found so far. In fact was not a favorite of mine as I expected it would be... much prefer RY4 and some nice fruit flavors these days!

Oooh! Just checked out their website. Definitely going to try a few of their flavors sometime soon. Thanks for pointing them out. I'm a sucker for mystery flavors, so the Tobacco Haze is calling my name.

NaOH

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
United States
If you're really after a good tobacco vape you have to do this first: get it out of your head that you'll find anything that tastes like the flavors given off by smoldering tobacco. Sorry. I know some might disagree with that but I've gone through many many tobaccos and learned along the way that if you're going to be satisfied with this category of flavor you have to accept them for what they are: juices that taste similar to how various treated/cured tobaccos smell (as-is, not burning).

One gotcha: ....-like bold does somehow capture a burny quality, but it reminded me more of the water in a red dixie cup that was used as an ashtray at a frat party the night before...

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Finding real tobacco flavor is really hard. I like Halo tobaccos and the closest I came was Halo's Captain Jack it has a fresh tobacco like smell and vape and a slight sweet tobacco taste like cured tobacco smells. Think walking into a smoke shop with pipe tobacco aromas. This is what it reminds me of. Then if I want a really heavy dark coffee taste with plenty of TH get add Tiramisu at at least 12 nic, vape alone or add to Captain Jack half and half, that really satisfies my need to analogs. Strong and tobaccy, Love it! :) bnrk

Greykin

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Arizona, USA
One gotcha: ....-like bold does somehow capture a burny quality, but it reminded me more of the water in a red dixie cup that was used as an ashtray at a frat party the night before...

Hah! That's a vivid description there...made me cringe. Well done =D

In some review I was watching a while ago, the reviewer mentioned that a juice tasted "like the bottom of a hamster cage"....that had me rolling. Not sure, but I think it was a GrimmGreen review on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread