Inconsistent vapes with my eGo-T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaurin

Aug 23, 2012
The Netherlands
Hi,

I'm pretty new to vaping, I bought one on my vacation to the USA. I thought maybe someone more experienced could advise me.

My vapes have been quite inconsistent. With that, I mean that a lot of the time, I don't produce a thick cloud, one that hit my throat hard like a real cigarette of cigar, not providing a lot of flavour or the sensation of actual smoking (which I miss).

The times that it does give a good hit, I either heated it a lot by repeatedly pushing the button and pulling, or I suspect it's somehow leaking liquid into the part where it heats (it tends to make a bit of a slurping sound in this case).

I love it when it does that, but I can't reliably reproduce it. Sometimes it does just after I refilled it, but it is usually just for a few drags. Is there some technique that I could use to get a more consistently heavy hit? Do I need a stronger battery?

Thanks for your help.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Unfortunately, I had the same problem with tank systems, with vaping there are a lot of options and not one thing is perfect for everyone. I assume that there will be people that can give you suggestions on how to make the ego-t system work better and hopefully they respond to you. But, since I can not help with the ego-t system I will make a couple suggestions to give you a stronger hit with less fiddling. One thing would be to get something that can do a variety of voltages, if you want to stick with the ego style e-cig then there is the ego twist that can go up to 4.8volts and down to 3.? The ego-t that you are using is probably 3.3volts or at the most 3.7volts so that added volt will add some heat and throat hit. If you do not mind large sized e-cigs then the lava tube is another one that many people love and it has a much wider range of voltages.
Another thing to keep in mind is the strength nicotine liquid you are using, it is hard to make a suggestion without knowing what mg you are using. I use 24mg liquid and I am huge on throat hit. A huge factor in that hit in the back of your throat is the amount of nic in a liquid so that is something else to look into.
In closing, a lot of people like tanks but a lot of people dont, you may like something else better but you will not know until you try, I usually suggest using boge brand cartomizers to anyone new to vaping since they have decent flavor, good throat hit and are easy to use. I do believe that you can use any 510 threaded cartomizer/atomizer on the ego-t(someone correct me if I am wrong) so maybe order a pack of 510 boge cartos and see how you like em. Thats all I got, good luck and stay off the stinkies :)

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
The eGo-T was my first kit, so it will always have a special place in my heart.

One of the first things that I learned was that the strength of your draw is important. If you're sucking on it too hard, you'll flood it. Likewise, if you're not pulling hard enough, it won't produce a very nice cloud. You have to find the middle ground where you're making good clouds while not over flowing the atomizer. The gurgling noise is usually a warning sign that you're getting close to flooding, but that's usually when it produces pretty nice clouds. Typically though, if you're flooding it, there will be some liquid at the atty/battery connection, keep an eye out for that.

Whenever I vape, I take a warm-up draw. That is to say, I hold the button and pull into my mouth like I normally would for about a second, blow that out and then take my drag. It helps get the coil up to temperature before you try to take a real hit.

If you can get your hands on some eGo-T LR attys, that would certainly help. They're low resistance, they heat a bit warmer with the eGo batteries, thus making a bit more vapor. Otherwise for future reference, the eGo batteries (Except the Twist) are regulated to ~ 3.2-3.4 volts.

Best of luck,
-X

Antoly

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
Maynard MA, USA
A year ago I played around with eGo-T atomizers. I couldn't get a consistent work from them either. the problem is a design flaw. How it works depends on how much liquid is capable to reach the coil in a given moment. Too much, the coil can't vaporize it, the temperature of the coil is low, bad vapor. Too few, you have dry hits. Just one recommendation I have. When atomizer is flooded, I mean you have extensive gurgling and bad vapor, take away the tank and replace it with black empty mouthpiece, which comes with the atomizer. Then make few draws. Usually at least few draws are pretty good as the atomizer is drying out. You should learn to fill when it is enough to do this any longer. Then put regular tank back and vape. It is pain in the neck to do this, I concur . That's why I gave up with eGo -T atomizers and use eGo Mega Dual Coils now. They works consistently, are about four times less expensive, work longer and provide much better vapor. Fortunately having eGo batteries you have a huge number of options to try. Don't fill like if you bought the kit called eGo-T you are now obliged to use only eGo-T atomizers. That is not the case.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I too started my venture into vaping with an eGo-T. It succeeded to end a 50+ year smoking habit, so I would be hard pressed to say anything bad about them. However it sure didn't take me all that long to figure out that there were other thing that fit on that eGo battery that worked a lot better than the eGo-T atomizer and tank. A 2ohm Boge cartomizer is about as simple as it gets, and ain't to shabby a vape.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread