Info on types of Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

slr817

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Nacogdoches, Texas
Hello! My name is Stacy and I'm from East Texas. I'm fairly new to vaping and I'm using the Joye 510, a great choice I made after reading the reviews here on the forum (Thanks Guys!) and I'm happy to say I've finally quit smoking after many years of trying. But on to the question: I'm interested in trying some cartos, so I'm hoping someone here could give me some advice: what is the difference in firm tip or soft tip cartomizers, is one better than the other and I'd be happy for any tips you can give me about using them?:blink:

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
I use cartos with my 510 equipment and have tried Boge, SLB, and the new CE2 cartos and have had good luck with all three. I wouldn't jump on the CE2 just yet as they have some connector issues and are really still in Beta stage, but I do think in the future they are going to be the way to go. For now, the Boge are close to my favorites. The SLB seem to burn a bit too easy for me and the Boge have a bit better flavor.

I have always ordered the blanks and filled myself so I can't really say anything about the prefilled cartos, but the blanks have lasted pretty good for me. I mostly use fruit flavors with 30%VG and as long as you don't let them get dry they last for 4 or 5 refills before getting hard to draw or off tasting. I've washed some of them and do get a few more refills, but the new ones do taste better.

Vaporkings.com sells both the Boge and SLB and have fair prices on them.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Hello slr. First of all congrats on the quitting!
The soft tip cartos have a soft rubber plug in the end that goes in your mouth. These rubber ends are easy to pry out with a paper clip or some such small tool so you can drip juice in them and top them off. The hard tip cartos have a hard plastic plug instead and these plugs are usually glued in so the only way to fill them is with the condem/cap fill method (this is when you put 20 or so drops of juice in the clear rubber cap that comes on your carto and then press the carto slowly back into the cap injecting the juice into the carto) or with a syringe. Obviously I prefer the soft tip cartos.
Another difference is in how they feel. I don't like the way the hard ones feel when they touch your front teeth.
Hope this helps.
Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread