INNOKIN ENDURA T18iI is using a lot of liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jannik Bennekov

Jul 13, 2021
Hi

i have bought an innokin endura t18ii, and compared to former vape-pen, it is using a lot of liquid i think. I am smoking 6mg liquid PG70/VG30, and it is using like 10-12 ml Per day (on my Old one i used like 5mg Per day. I am using it with The lowest watt, and with one airhole open.

So, is it just using a lot, or am i doing something wrong?

Reactions: Superuser187

Jannik Bennekov

Jul 13, 2021
[JUSTIFY_TEXT][/JUSTIFY_TEXT]I actually don’t know The name of The Old one, but one i bought in the local wape shop called a starter-kit. But it looks like this ;-)

Batteri 2200 mAh

Aspire ET-S BVC Clearomizer

Attachments

• F38C43C5-604E-4DDC-86B4-64464C307FAD.png
    F38C43C5-604E-4DDC-86B4-64464C307FAD.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 760BA76E-A632-4B76-A2FB-ED6584C1AB78.png
    760BA76E-A632-4B76-A2FB-ED6584C1AB78.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    [JUSTIFY_TEXT][/JUSTIFY_TEXT]I actually don’t know The name of The Old one, but one i bought in the local wape shop called a starter-kit. But it looks like this ;-)

Batteri 2200 mAh

Well, what you have there is an ego battery and and old aspire clearomizer. I happen to use both of those once in a while. I can tell you that this is a very low power, low consumption setup. After voltage drop is taken into consideration (ego batteries have a lot of voltage drop, very inefficient), you were likely vaping at around 7 watts on that old setup.

So this increase in wattage does account for at least some of the increased eliquid consumption you are experiencing and I think maybe you also might be vaping more with the new setup, which would also factor into the increased consumption. The coil on the Endura atomizer also has a larger surface area so that also accounts for increased consumption as well. It's not too surprising to to me that you doubled your consumption.

So if 10+ml consumption per day is too expensive for you to vape, you'll need to reduce your vaping. If reducing your vaping does not give you enough nicotine, then you may have to increase the nicotine strength of your juice a little bit. How much? That will require trial and error. Everyone is different.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Batteri 2200 mAh

Links won't work until you have 5 post.

Looks like your old vape pen used a 1.8 ohm coil at 3.7 volts (9 watts), where the Endura uses 1.5 ohm coil at 14 watts. Extra power at lower ohms will consume more juice.

Does the Endura provide a smoother draw? That might make you want to take longer draws, as well.

How is it we keep posting at the same time @UncleJunkle ? :lol:

• Useful
    Reactions: Superuser187

Jannik Bennekov

Jul 13, 2021
    Oh, that makes sense, thanks for answers to both stalker-types

Only reason i’ve changed is because The Old model is breaking in The thread after a month so it can’t charge. And with a price of 15£ pr batery(x2) per month, it was a bit too pricy. Bought this one because i want to smoke it inside without big skies But the shop dealer told me that it used around the same amount of juice as the old one.

but i like this pen, so i am beginning mixing juice myself to keep the vist Down (Juice for three month for same price as the pre-mixed one for one month! )

but thank u guys for helping, and pardon my danglish (Danish-English)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    but i like this pen, so i am beginning mixing juice myself to keep the vist Down (Juice for three month for same price as the pre-mixed one for one month! )

That's good that you mix yourself to keep the cost down.

If you still desire the lower power and less vapor production of the old setup, you can always just buy a new ego battery for those times when you need that kind of setup.

thanks for answers to both stalker-types

QsDG.gif

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    It's simple...since u dont have any leaks of juice then it's working as it should...

Can't compare different devices even if they have same resistance coils...

Maybe u vape more with the endura and that's why u consume more liquid or it's just a more jucie hungry device than the old one u had...

Also closing the airflow doesn't save juice ...opening airflow could help a bit maybe to save juice....the wattage can play biggest role in that tho....

Enjoy :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The Old model is breaking in The thread after a month so it can’t charge

Question, are you saying the threads the charger screws into is stripped?

I ask because if the charger screws into the ego battery but the battery will not make a connection with a charger, that simply means the positive pin in the ego battery has been pushed down too far to make a connection with the charger's positive pin. If this is the case then it is possible to gently pull that pin back up slightly and then it will make the proper connection again.

The premise of the video below is that the battery has a firing issue, not a charging issue, but the problem and solution are the same.

Jannik Bennekov

Jul 13, 2021
    Question, are you saying the threads the charger screws into is stripped?

I ask because if the charger screws into the ego battery but the battery will not make a connection with a charger, that simply means the positive pin in the ego battery has been pushed down too far to make a connection with the charger's positive pin. If this is the case then it is possible to gently pull that pin back up slightly and then it will make the proper connection again.

The premise of the video below is that the battery has a firing issue, not a charging issue, but the problem and solution are the same.

Hmmm, i see what you mean, but it is more like it has no grip, dont know if that makes sense?? So if i twist it three times in this type of charger it just falls out because there is no grip :-(

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hmmm, i see what you mean, but it is more like it has no grip, dont know if that makes sense?? So if i twist it three times in this type of charger it just falls out because there is no grip :-(

I see, yes, then that is a result of stripped threads. But it could be your charger threads that are stripped, not necessarily the battery threads. You'll have to inspect further. If you have a local vape shop that sells those ego chargers, perhaps you can bring your battery in to see if that charger screws into your battery and doesn't pop out after 3 turns. If it stays in, you know it's your charger that is stripped. I have stripped ego chargers before. I have never stripped an ego battery, but it is possible because they are merely chromed brass. The only manufacturers that ever made stainless steel ego battery contacts/threads were Aspire & Innokin, but those are just about impossible to find anymore (at least from USA and China retailers).

Last edited:

Jannik Bennekov

Jul 13, 2021
    I see, yes, then that is a result of stripped threads. But it could be your charger threads that are stripped, not necessarily the battery threads. You'll have to inspect further. If you have a local vape shop that sells those ego chargers, perhaps you can bring your battery in to see if that charger screws into your battery and doesn't pop out after 3 turns. If it stays in, you know it's your charger that is stripped. I have stripped ego chargers before. I have never stripped an ego battery, but it is possible because they are merely chromed brass. The only manufacturers that ever made stainless steel ego battery contacts/threads were Aspire & Innokin, but those are just about impossible to find anymore.

Yeah, that was also my first thought, so actually i bought at new charger and new batteries, but it happened again… The trouble started when i changed to a lagrer battery size, so guess it is a weak model, but at least it Opened my eyes for blending myself :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread