Innokin EQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassplayer1494

May 30, 2018
Hey everyone!

Been a while since I posted on here. Got my Alien mod stolen a few months back at a gig I played. Replaced it with a Famovape Bit Box, which is okay...

Fortunate enough to have a spare Falcon tank, but lately, the mod is just not cutting it for me...

I go through juice like crazy, and usually end up in the garage with a cigarette in my hand.. YUCK!

So I got back into watching some YT videos on these pod systems that I have been hearing about.. Tried the Juul a few times, not too shabby, but not sold on how expensive it is for the pods..

Came across the innokin eq, and placed an order in the other day! Should be here by Wednesday along with some nic salts that I ordered.

To those that have this, what are your thoughts on it? It came down between the EQ and the Breeze 2, but I opted for the EQ cause of the mesh coil, less-frilly, little more compact..

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
The EQ is a nice little device. The pods are easy to fill and seem to last a while. The draw is tight so it is a MTL device. It has two settings yet I tend to keep it on the regular setting and don't use the boost feature. I am happy with it and use it daily. Should note, I use a few different devices during the day and this is just one of them which I use with one of my menthol flavors. It has become my good luck device when watching sporting vents (because the only way my team will win is if I am vaping on this device and sitting in the spot where I was when they were winning. I have all sorts of goofy good luck sport quirks, don't judge, LOL).

bassplayer1494

May 30, 2018
Just got in in yesterday. Absolutely love it!

Tight draw that is similar to the American Spirits that I was smoking.
PROS
love the pod system
love the fill method
Good flavor
Boost mode adds some kick
Great size
Feels sturdy

CONS
One pod with the unit is ridiculous.. Should have another one
The battery indicator should have different levels
Got some spitback, but not too bad..
The spare pod I bought seems a bit less stable than the original pod

Great little device for $25!

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
Got some spitback, but not too bad..
I get some spitback with a new pod sometimes. Or if I fill it too much. I just bought the ALD Amaze Lemon pod system. It has a good battery indicator on it, which I love. A little hard to see outside though. But I think I like it better than the EQ. Still not as much as the Smoant though. I've seen the ALD Amaze Lemon for around $25.

bassplayer1494

May 30, 2018
I get some spitback with a new pod sometimes. Or if I fill it too much. I just bought the ALD Amaze Lemon pod system. It has a good battery indicator on it, which I love. A little hard to see outside though. But I think I like it better than the EQ. Still not as much as the Smoant though. I've seen the ALD Amaze Lemon for around $25.

I watched tons of reviews, some reviewers said the same thing about pod systems.
But I honestly like not having to carry around a bulky mod, worrying about it leaking.

So ill take the nitpicky cons of a pod and the convenience over a mod when im out and about

bassplayer1494

May 30, 2018
It is completely a nice convenience. And most of these pod systems are selling for less than $30. It's worth it, to me, to grab one....or two....or three. My only complaint. Please add more than one pod to the box! Just one "spare" would be nice.

Yeah Innokin needs to do that for future sales of the EQ. Even if they charged an extra 2,3 bucks. You just never know if one is defective or not

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I was lucky enough to win one in a giveaway from Innokin along with a Zenith on a CF mini. As a dl, temp control vaper I wasn't totally thrilled that the one and only giveaway I've ever one (and probably only one I'll ever win, I have no luck on stuff like this). But I decided to be fair I'd try it. First attempt with a 45 mg nic salt had me coughing out half my left lung. I usually dl 6 mg 70/30 VG and it sure wasn't the same.

Decided to give it one more go with a personal mix up of some 70/30 VG at 12 mg and it was a surprise that it was actually good. Good enough I bought 2 extra pods and some 12 mg plain nic 50/50 and find it's a decent little vape. A little more throat hit to it than I'm used to, but it makes for a nice draw.

So now I'm really grateful I won it. I have recommended pods to smokers to check out before starting on the vape mod/tank hamster wheel, but this is definitely worth it as a throw in the pocket and go, especially if I'll be in a stealth vape sort of situation. My props to Innokin for coming up with such a nice pod that's at an affordable price point, even the pods can easily be found for ~$4 or less. This is an easy positive recommendation for a new vaper, or a regular vaper like me for intermittent use. I was tempted by the Orion, but this thing is a third the cost when you add pods in, and I'm not sure I really need it as this feels like it fits the bill for me.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Bought one for Mrs. States. Her other stuff sits idle now. It has a nice draw that provides a bunch of output.

Not a mad cloud direct lung device by any means. But easy to get a great vape for the mouth to lung'r. She does direct lung and likes it just fine using a 6ml sauce.

I'm a big fan of the temp controlled Zero. But I kept catching myself sneaking a drag from her EQ when I want to get a cheap thrills nic buzz.

I bought one recently to get a feel for how it really works. I use it on low. I'll say this, if you like sub-ohm at about 13-15 watts this dude will satisfy. I prefer a cooler vape and tend to use my Zero more. But I find the EQ is nothing to sneeze at.

I would say in terms of cigalike the Zero on medium is similar to an ultralight, the EQ on low would be similar to a light cigarette and the EQ on high like a full flavored cigarette.

In my experience one does not have to use those high dose nic salts. I use 3ml in my big stuff and 6 in my pods. I find the EQ (and Zero) have replaced by full sized equipment.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The other thing I'll give the EQ is the pods have excellent life. I've had one last a good several weeks even with regular, but not exclusive, use. I can say with this for my "stealth" vape, and an Orion for out and about use, I can cover a lot of situations without a regular mod/tank altogether. But they still get lots of use and love when I'm home.

• Agree
Reactions: Vicman

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
I feel like the EQ is a good value.

I like the easy to remove dust/pocket lint cover. Sure, if you pull it straight off the whole pod comes off. Just push it from either side and it pops right off.

I like a slower charge so this one fits that bill too. My wife used hers for a solid week before charging it. 2 juice refills in the process. Took about 45 minutes to charge.

The fire button pokes out enough for use while driving without looking away from the road, yet does not pocket activate in a shirt pocket.

Spare pods come with a little tub to set it in. The duckbill tip is a nice shape that feels pretty natural.

I like to tailstand the EQ.

Reactions: Vicman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread