Innokin Gala

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
Just picked this up. Draw activated, has a Plex3D 0.5ohm coil in the pod, 2ml capacity, 500mah battery. Selectable LED color.

Not bad so far. Pods fit very snug. Rubber gasket material on the pod it shipped with got ripped up, possibly because it was inserted backward in the box. The pods only fit one way. First pod only lasted two days before flavor dropped off.

It also comes with a ceramic pod but I have not used it yet.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
2 days isn’t very long for a cartridge. That’s how long a cotton wick lasts in an older rta using crust making juice.

Things to look for:
1) does the auto switch hold up?
Some designs (all of the really old ones for example) will get juice in their switch chambers and stop working correctly.
2) what is the effective continuing cost of operation?
Pod life, pod cost, and mod lifespan all contribute to this one.

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I just got mine a couple days ago, and the .5 coil pod is burning the inside of my upper lip if I take 4 drags in reasonably quick succession..

As a result, I can't vape normally because I have to wait for it to cool between drags..

I need to set up the .8 ohm coil pod and see if the higher ohm coil helps, or if this whole thing is just trash..

is this not happening to you?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I just got mine a couple days ago, and the .5 coil pod is burning the inside of my upper lip if I take 4 drags in reasonably quick succession..

As a result, I can't vape normally because I have to wait for it to cool between drags..

I need to set up the .8 ohm coil pod and see if the higher ohm coil helps, or if this whole thing is just trash..

is this not happening to you?
I won this pod system directly from Innokin (Thanks for all your help @Innokin_timmy )

I filled both pods with 20mg/ml 50/50 unflavored salt liquid (max strength in the EU)
I find both pods to be "spitty" when new. As mentioned, they both get hot/wet after about 4 pulls. I started swapping pods every 4 pulls so I could manage 8 pulls and get enough nicotine.

After about a week of use, I settled in to using the green base coil. It stopped spitting as much, but it still needs a rest after 4-5 pulls.
TH with 20mg/ml is minimal and satisfaction about the same.

I think the device would benefit from 50 or 60mg/ml salts liquid as 2 or 3 pulls should be enough to keep my nicotine monkey quiet.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Nice hardware, vape is ok i guess, flavour is better on the ceramic pod.

gala.jpg

Reactions: stols001

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 17, 2013
    North Carolina
    The pods are junk. Rubber gasket gets torn up constantly by the device itself, but it doesn't really matter because you can only get three fills out of a pod anyway. Flavor and airflow go downhill fast. Thought this would be a decent system because it's Innokin, but it's actually the worst performing yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread