mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
i30.jpg

Sorry guys I just bought the last one in the usa....lol

Its a decent unit... not quite the flavor from a ss mesh rba but over all pretty good

aka.robo

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Actually got a direct response from Innokin. They said the iclear 30 does not leak, suggesting mine is defective. They suggest I return it. At this point I do not know if it is the head or the device itself that is leaking. But they are so cheap the cost of the round about shipping to get another pretty much is the cost of a new unit. So, I have not decided what to do about it yet.

I like the flavor and clouds enough to get a second device, to see if Innokin is correct that I just got a lemon out first out of the gate. Would be very interested in others experiences with their iclear 30s out of the gate.

I too am having problems. I've had one for almost a week. When it works it's impressive. But I've had problems and I'm not sure if it's me or the iClear30. I believe the heads are 2.2 ohms. When I first juiced up, I got a very nasty metallic taste. So I washed and boiled the metal parts plus head. After that it kept flooding and gurgling. Called the vendor and he said Innokin acknowledge some of their bases were bad so vendor sends me another base plus two more heads. Got is yesterday and at first at 3.3w not much of a hit. Turned it up to about 3.8-4.0w and I got burned dry hits (on a Vision Spinner). Finally I realized that it was my draw. I'm used to vivi novas and i usually suck softly (hehe.) But with the iClear I have to take a more powerful draw. That's when I started getting great flavor and vapor. When I take softer hits, I get a dryer sometimes burnt taste and can sometimes see the coils heading up thru the tube and silicon atomizer cap. So I figured either there's not enough airflow to keep the coils wet with juice or it's just not wicking right.

Next day I wanted to change juices, so I washed it out (under cold water), dried the wicks and the rest of the clearo and filled it up. Complete disaster. Flooded and splashed my lips. Then I unscrewed it off my Spinner and juice had leaked on to the battery contact.

I just got a Vamo and tested the iClear on that. Same flooding gurgling issues. But I am confused as to what wattage or volts I should set it to. Should I set it to VW and let the vamo adjust the volts? What would be a good VW to test at? I don't want to burn the head or pop a coil. If I set it VV, at 2.2ohms is the ideal volts 4.3-4.5? Or do I double the ohms since it's dual coil? Been using the Watt Mapper and set the the preference to dual coil but the dual coil vs single confuses me.

I'm willing to give it more time as I really want it to work the way it should. If anyone has any suggestions or tips that would be most helpful.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I use my iClear 30 on a Vamo as well. I usually stay at 8 watts, have gone to 10. No burning issues.

I have two iClear 30s. The first I trashed for leaking issues. The second is better, but still have to clean out the 510 connection of juice once a day.

I don't think you should boil the unit. You might be melting or warping some of the plastics. Warm water soaks should take out the unit. I like the iClear 30, but have a few more on order, hopefully from a newer batch to see if they have addressed the leaking they say doesn't happen.

2nd chance

Moved On
Jan 21, 2013
United States

aka.robo

Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Los Angeles
I use my iClear 30 on a Vamo as well. I usually stay at 8 watts, have gone to 10. No burning issues.

I have two iClear 30s. The first I trashed for leaking issues. The second is better, but still have to clean out the 510 connection of juice once a day.

I don't think you should boil the unit. You might be melting or warping some of the plastics. Warm water soaks should take out the unit. I like the iClear 30, but have a few more on order, hopefully from a newer batch to see if they have addressed the leaking they say doesn't happen.

Out of the box, did you get a metallic taste? It was so nasty and harsh that I had to do something. I only had is in boiling water for about 15-20 secs and just the base at tip (not the head.) But maybe next time a warm water or alcohol soak would be better. Gonna try again today. I didn't use the VW mode when tested on my Vamo (which I'm still learning.) Any suggestions on the VV level on a Spinner or Twist? I"m using the Watt Mapper on excel. At 2.2ohms set for dual coil, the most I can get is 5.24w. Does that sound right? Or should I have it set for single coil?

Debian Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
VA
XoomFAQ.com
I just got mine today. I blew it off and smelled it. It smell faintly of leather. At least it did to me. Since I ordered some coffee cappuccino too I threw that in there. I could not detect any tastes and I am pretty sensitive about them. Anyone that wants 8 Fluxomisers cheap, PM me ;)

My Tesla says it is 2.1 Ohms and I am vaping at 8 watts

Last edited:

greggyP

Aug 2, 2012
cranston
m.youtube.com
I just ordered three from China. They are not as great ad they look. These reviews say it's so great. Idk if I'm tasting China but all my liquids have a wierd inconsistant taste. Its not pleasant. I really wanted to love these. That's why I ordered from China and spent fourty dollars. But I'm rather upset. In wondering why all the reviewers are praising these. I hope it starts performing better or I'm selling the other two because I don't wasn't to be wasting juice or money. BTW they don't come with replacement heads? I thought they would. If anyone had advice or I'm doing something strong let me know thanks

greggyP

Aug 2, 2012
cranston
m.youtube.com
I just ordered three from China. They are not as great ad they look. These reviews say it's so great. Idk if I'm tasting China but all my liquids have a wierd inconsistant taste. Its not pleasant. I really wanted to love these. That's why I ordered from China and spent fourty dollars. But I'm rather upset. Imvwondering why all the reviewers are praising these. I hope it starts performing better or I'm selling the other two because I don't wasn't to be wasting juice or money. BTW they don't come with replacement heads? I thought they would. If anyone had advice or I'm doing something wrong let me know thanks
I noticed after a little while the taste started be coming a little better. Still not liking this taste and this is my all day vape cov4. What can I do? Try to clean the one? Dry burn?

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I noticed after a little while the taste started be coming a little better. Still not liking this taste add-ons this is my all day vape cov4. What can I do? To clean the one? Dry burn?

I have not been able to get any of the I 30's yet but i do have plenty of the I 16's and have no complaints at all about them.I have found that the 16's after one cleaning the taste goes away,and with the 30's it was the oposite,the taste gets better? Have you cleaned it for the first time yet?? I would not suggest a dry burn either i did that with one of my 16's and it burnt thru the coil,it was a pulsed 3.3v burn.I wish the chinese new year had happened a month later and i would have gotten some for myself to try.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I noticed after a little while the taste started be coming a little better. Still not liking this taste and this is my all day vape cov4. What can I do? Try to clean the one? Dry burn?

You should always clean clearomizers before using them. Dry burning isn't necessary for new coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread