hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m glad to be back with you today to attempt to do my best covering the innokin Innobar C1 that was sent to me by Innokin in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. I have in the past tested a few disposable vapes and some that just came with prefilled pods while the battery is rechargeable. The C1 is the latter of those. I don’t have a ton of exposure to disposables or prefilled pods but from what I have seen, the trend is to move toward less waste by being able to just dispose of the pod itself. This is the path that Innokin has taken since it is more eco-friendly than most other vaping companies I’ve had experience with. Not only is the C1 rechargeable but it also uses the Aquios water based vaping technology with the liquid being 30% water. The battery portion is 450mah and has a constant output of 3.6V. The pods come in ten different flavors and are rated for 600 puffs. The liquid inside each pod has a nicotine strength of 20mg.

pjg6wSb.jpg

g4Qswfz.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

This is a little more complicated than a normal kit. What I received were two of the C1 batteries and five packages of different flavored pods. Each battery and each of the packages of pods were separate. I have not been able to find a retail package but am assuming that it will come with one battery and one or two pods as a starter kit.

1666804771089.png

SPECIFICATIONS:
    NK0R9AI.jpg

FEATURES:

• No fuss inhale firing
    • Convenient fixed-coil, prefilled pods
    • Great taste with mesh coil & water-based e-liquid
    • Up to 600 puffs per pod
    • 20mg nic strength
    • 10 flavours to choose from
    GtQ809n.jpg

qXYxGQW.jpg

IMU3NT0.jpg

oeKA1vQ.jpg

Pf1Himl.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

Each of the C1 batteries came in an individual box with a safety seal over each end and inside they are inside a sealed foil bag. On the front of each box is the name and a picture of the battery along with a large warning. The back side of the box has a series of warnings. There is a contents list on the side but it’s just the battery and a quick user guide. I found it interesting that on the other side it says “Sale only allowed in the United States”. I wonder why that is?

1666805094426.png

1666805194260.png

The battery has two blue lights. One on the front and one on the bottom. The front of the C1 has the InnoBar C1 on it as well as the Aquios 30 logo printed in grey lettering. As far as I know the C1 battery only comes in white while the pods come in different colors. There is also an airflow inlet as well as the USB-C charging port. The blue lights will go out completely when the battery is fully charged.

PF6JLAM.jpg

The pods for the Innobar do not have any magnets. They are held very securely in place by a tab on each side of the pod that snaps into the battery. They are actually a little difficult to remove so you won’t ever have to worry about one coming loose accidentally. I believe the square hole near the bottom is just for the base of the pod to snap into and has no other purpose. The bottom of the pod has two contacts and a single airflow hole in the center.

aiphtIk.jpg

UbRJIVu.jpg

The pod opening has the standard two plated contacts as well as the opening for the airflow sensor to one side. The picture below is after a few days use with the strawberry watermelon pod and you can see I’m getting a fair amount of liquid/condensation deposited in the base but it is easily wiped out and is not affecting the operation of the auto draw. The cut out on the right side matches up with the tab that sticks out on the pod and has a label with the name of the flavor on it.

3s65jhQ.jpg

kCYUuIn.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

When I think of Innokin then I think of quality products. To me this has shown through even with a rechargeable disposable unit like the Innobar. It is well designed and does what it’s supposed to do. As you all know, flavor is subjective. I have mixed my own liquids for years now and don’t normally use much sweetener so commercial liquids tend to taste sweet to me. I’m going to attempt to give you a brief description of each flavor from notes I took while I was trying each of the five different flavors I was given.

Sour Berries

Just going from the name I had high hopes for this one since I like sour vapes. To me it didn’t really taste sour at all. It was sweet and the berry flavor was not that noticeable between the sweetness and the cooling agent. The first of two pods lasted maybe 30-40 puffs before I started getting dry hits so must have just been a bad pod. The second one lasted longer but not near 600 puffs before I started getting dry hits.

Pink Lemonade

I was expecting a tart lemonade but it also was pretty sweet. To me it tasted more like a fruit punch than lemonade. Once again I felt like the cooling agent and sweetness masked the flavor.

Tangerine

The flavor on this one was more detectable than the previous two. I could definitely taste the tangerine flavor. The cooling agent on this one seemed stronger than the other two. It also was fairly sweet like the others.

Iced Cosmic

This one is also sweet but was probably my second favorite. It’s some sort of fruit mix I think but couldn’t really identify what the flavors were. The cooling agent was pretty strong on this one but it complimented the flavor. The flavor lingered on my lips and tongue for a while after taking a puff.

Strawberry Watermelon

This one surprised me. I have never been a watermelon vaper so doubted that I would like it. I could very easily taste the strawberry and watermelon. It also has some cooling agent but not too much. This one was by far my favorite. The disappointing thing was that when I received the package with the flavors and C1 batteries, one of the batteries and one of the strawberry watermelon pods had been opened and used so I only got to enjoy one of this type of pod.

I haven’t reviewed very many disposable vapes but one trend I have noticed is that everyone seems to think that the pre-filled pods need to have a cooling agent or menthol in every flavor profile. I honestly would like to have most without. I would like to be able to taste the flavor on its own so I can get a better feel for the flavor that you are supposed to be tasting. I have a feeling that you are going to start seeing more and more disposables as many companies are branching off and starting disposable divisions.

I could really tell the difference when vaping the Innobar with the Aquios liquids as compared to my normal vapes. I usually keep a drink nearby when vaping since it tends to dry my mouth but with the Aquios liquids that did not happen. That and I noticed that the flavors seem to linger longer on the taste buds compared to my regular mixes.

If you like easy and disposable pods then I would recommend trying these. It’s a bit of a different experience and worth trying. Also, I could definitely see where these might be good for someone trying to quit smoking. I don’t know what the retail package will look like but hope it will come with a C1 battery, charging cable, and a couple pods to get the person started. I’d like to thank Innokin and Nicole for sending the Innobar C1 samples for this review. It has been a pleasure indeed. Thanks to the readers as always. Whether you like disposables or not, thanks for reading until the end. Below is a link to the website where you will find the Innobar as well as the other quality products made by Innokin.

INNOBAR C1 - Disposable Vape | INNOKIN®
    4GBK2Wy.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I appreciate your reviews, to be honest this does not appeal to me one iota.
    Thanks. I really don't know how much interest there will be on ECF for disposables but all the major companies are getting into them so it looks like I'm going to have to start reviewing them.

Reactions: dennism

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    was waiting for the reviews for it.
    Seems like you're not too impressed.
    I'm not sure if I'll get the C1 to review, but a disposable by Innokin sounded interesting.
    I would says it's the best out of any disposable I've tried but was disappointed that a couple of the pods didn't last and you can see in one of my pictures that there was some leaking going on. Like I mentioned in the review, I'd like to have the flavors without the cooling agent. That's a personal preference. I do wish I had gotten some of the other flavors to try as they sounded good.

• Agree
    Reactions: dreamvaper

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Good review especially since this might not be your wheelhouse I think you did a fantastic job with more detail than most people that do consistently use disposables and pre-filled pods.

I have heard that companies use that cooling agent in absolutely everything with nicotine salt due to it reducing the harshness of the high nicotine content but I question that especially at 20 mg with salt. Anyhow it really does lock companies out of a huge portion of potential customers. Especially when the flavors do not clearly state that they have a cooling agent or a menthol or a mint element. It means you can't even really buy them to try them out because the chance is very high that it's going to have that cooling flavor effect.

I was actually very interested in trying one of these type of products simply because I wanted to see how the water-based e-liquid worked but there's nothing that can overcome that horrible cooling effect. I know it's subjective I'm sure many people like it but I do feel like there's just as many that don't.

I appreciate that they are very thorough in their warnings and they want to make sure people have the most information that they can regarding the product and do their due diligence regarding underage vaping I appreciate that. But had I never encountered a vape product in a positive light and I saw that list of warnings I would think I was reading the back of some sort of incendiary device like a DIY Molotov cocktail not a smoking alternative LOL. But again I do appreciate them going out of their way to try to put a positive light to the industry

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review especially since this might not be your wheelhouse I think you did a fantastic job with more detail than most people that do consistently use disposables and pre-filled pods.

I have heard that companies use that cooling agent in absolutely everything with nicotine salt due to it reducing the harshness of the high nicotine content but I question that especially at 20 mg with salt. Anyhow it really does lock companies out of a huge portion of potential customers. Especially when the flavors do not clearly state that they have a cooling agent or a menthol or a mint element. It means you can't even really buy them to try them out because the chance is very high that it's going to have that cooling flavor effect.

I was actually very interested in trying one of these type of products simply because I wanted to see how the water-based e-liquid worked but there's nothing that can overcome that horrible cooling effect. I know it's subjective I'm sure many people like it but I do feel like there's just as many that don't.

I appreciate that they are very thorough in their warnings and they want to make sure people have the most information that they can regarding the product and do their due diligence regarding underage vaping I appreciate that. But had I never encountered a vape product in a positive light and I saw that list of warnings I would think I was reading the back of some sort of incendiary device like a DIY Molotov cocktail not a smoking alternative LOL. But again I do appreciate them going out of their way to try to put a positive light to the industry
    The cooling agent in these aren’t that strong compared to some I’ve tried that hurt my throat.
    Good review buddy,a pleasure to hear your thoughts on this water based vaping advancement.
    Thank you!
    Nice Review Hitt ;)
    Thanks! Did you get some of these?

Reactions: AvaOrchid
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread