Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of innokin latest offerings on the subject of Kit vape Pen, this is Scepter Tube.
    In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish it. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • Compact and lightweight pen-style design
    • Rotating airflow system
    • Easy to fill from the top
    • Powerful 1300mAh built-in battery
    • USB Type-C charging
    • Two adjustable power modes

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-2.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Packaging:
    Great credit to Innokin which is sensitive to the environment and uses 100% recyclable materials for its packaging.
    Front the box presents; the picture of the Kit, the main features and the warnings on the use of nicotine.

On the back they are listed; the packing list, scratch & check, Qr-Code and address of Shenzhen Innokin Technology Co., Ltd.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-3.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Packing List:
    1x Scepter Tube Mod (1300mAh)
    1x Refillable cartridge for 2ml Scepter Tube
    1x 0.5Ω S-Coil (installed)
    1x spare 0.5Ω S-Coil
    2x spare O-rings
    1x Type-C charging cable
    1x Quick Guide

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-4.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Specifications:
    Frame construction: Zinc alloy
    Device size: φ20.0 * 118.2mm
    Cartridge capacity: 2ml
    Coil: 0.5Ω S-Coil (18-20W)
    Battery: 1300mAh internal
    Minimum / maximum power: 18 / 20W
    Minimum / maximum voltage: 2.65- 3.40V
    Time Out: 10 seconds
    Resistance range: 0.4Ω-3.5Ω
    Charging: USB-C Type-C
    Charging current: 5V / 1A
    LED light indicator

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-5.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Choice colours:
    • White
    • Purple
    • Red
    • Pink
    • Black
    • Silver

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-6.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; First Impressions:
    Innokin is one of the longest-running manufacturers in the world of vaping and some of its products are recognized as the best vaping kits around.
    The name Scepter is not new and has already been used by Innokin in a previous version that I have not had the pleasure of testing. This new version of Scepter Tube is a pen-style pod kit with the pod that is quite similar to a mini tank. The kit is aimed directly at an audience of consumers who prefer the Mouth-To-Lung (MTL) and Restricted-Direct-To-Lung (RDL) style. From a first visual examination the Scepter Tube is compact and solidly built. The range of colors is very nice. Innokin (whom I thank) sent me the White and Purple versions for this test, both sober but with a captivating shade of dark color downwards.

The 2ml PCTG pod is magnetically fixed to the Mod and relies on the S-coil platform for vaporization, for the refill there is a comfortable upper slide opening. The AFC system is of the adjustable type. In the body of Scepter Tube there is a multicolored LED that surrounds the octagonal Fire button, at the bottom we find the words "scepter tube". On the other side we find a USB Type C charging port specified as 5V / 1A, underneath is the word "innokin". The "tactile feeling" is excellent and it could not be otherwise given the form factor of this device.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-7.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; AFC Control:
    On the device there is a single slot 9mm long and 2mm wide. The adjustment of the air flow is done by rotating the cartridge inside the device. The two holes made on the cartridge can then be adjusted at will by the user for a type of MTL or RDL vape.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-8.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Top and bottom:
    Inside the top of the Scepter Tube there is a metal ring that guarantees the attraction to the magnets of the cartridge, further down, on the bottom there are the two contact pins of the coil, the pins are spring loaded and plated in gold.

The bottom of Scepter Tube with its 20mm diameter guarantees a good support base that manages to keep the tube well vertically even during battery recharging operations. On the bottom are shown; the battery capacity (1300mAh), the disposal logo and the C E mark.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-9.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Cartridge:
    The cartridge has an e-liquid capacity of 2ml and is made of dark PCTG material. Its height dimensions are 39mm, including the replaceable 510 drip tip. The diameter of the cartridge is 20mm and the weight (including the coil) is 11 grams.

Unlike most Pod / Tanks out there, this one resembles a classic conventional slide, top fill tank in shape and design. The opening direction of the Top-Cap is marked by a (barely visible) arrow on the upper outer edge of the cartridge. A silicone rubber gasket (not self-sealing) is present around the filling slot. The slot for e-liquid refilling has an oval shape, about 5mm large, so the hole is convenient even when using bottles with rather wide and short tips. Filling with e-liquid can be done conveniently with the pod connected to the Mod.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-10.jpg

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-11.jpg

On the underside of the cartridge there are 5 magnets, 4 are circular and one is rectangular. All of these magnets together do a great job of securely attaching the pod to the metal ring in the Scepter Tube compartment / pod. In the center there is the hole to insert the S-coil, simply by pushing it inside the cartridge.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-12.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Coils:
    The cartridge accepts the Innokin S-Coils range, in the kit there are two 0.5Ω S-Coils one pre-installed with its gold-colored AFC ring, the other is spare and when used it will have to be screwed to the AFC ring present on the original equipment S-Coil. I recommend to pay attention and not to miss the AFC Ring.

The spare S-coils are also beautifully packaged in a recyclable cardboard that contains 5 resistors, each of them is individually wrapped.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-13.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Operation Guide:
    Innokin Scepter Tube is a very simple and straightforward kit to use, it has no complicated menu options. Simply 3 presses on the Fire button will turn the device on / off and a single long press of the Fire button will naturally serve to vape.
    Switching between the two different power modes is done by pressing the Fire button twice. The multicolored LED is Purple when the selected power is 20W (high). The LED is Blue when the selected power is 18W (low).

The multicolored LED surrounding the Fire button lights up when the cartridge is inserted, when the device is in use, when the battery status changes and when the device is charging.
    When the LED changes color it highlights the battery status with three different colors, as shown below:
    • Green Led: Battery charge level higher than 50%
    • Yellow Led: Battery charge level between 10% and 50%
    • Red Led: Battery charge level below 10%

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-14.jpg

The chipset maintains a nearly constant power output throughout the battery discharge cycle, providing instantaneous Fire button activation speed. The Chip also controls the included safety functions and provides visual indications via the multicolored LED as follows:
    • Recharge: The LED changes from red to green
    • Full charge: The green LED turns off
    • Current battery status: The LED after pressing the Fire button flashes twice with the color corresponding to the state of charge
    • Low battery: The LED flashes red 8 times
    • Pod inserted: The LED lights up in purple or blue for 2 seconds
    • Short circuit: The LED stays red for 5 seconds
    • No atomizer: The LED flashes green 5 times
    • Cut-Off: (10s) The LED flashes red 10 times

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-15.jpg

► Innokin Scepter Tube; Final conclusions and vaping test:
    To summarize briefly ... I believe I have many reasons to believe that this is an entry-level kit suitable for those who want to permanently leave the habit of smoking in favor of Vaping, for a series of valid reasons such as; the type of MTL / RDL vape that derives from the adjustable AFC and the goodness of the usable S-coil range, for the compact and super ergonomic form factor, for the ease of use without complicated combinations of buttons or screens and for the " cigarette feeling " that the device transmits.

One of the focal points to take into consideration when deciding to buy one of these devices is certainly the intended use that you intend to make; therefore, on Scepter Tube we find an internal 1300mAh battery that guarantees a rather prolonged Vaping autonomy even with a rather energy-hungry coil such as the standard pre-installed 0.5Ω S-Coil. With this resistance at 18W (first selected power step) I was able to consume about 7ml of e-liquid, covering a whole day of vaping before recharging the battery. The LED signals are precise both as regards the notifications and as regards the state of the battery, in fact when the red LED lights up and starts flashing it is possible to vape safely for another 20-30 minutes before the device turns off. Charging is quite long (about 2 hours) however the device safely supports the "Pass through" function which is very useful in emergencies such as when you don't have time to wait. Naturally, since Scepter Tube is a device with Bypass type operation, that is, it directly sets the power based on the coil used, the performance of the battery depends on the type of resistor installed and the selected power step. So with other types of S-coil the battery performance will give different results. With Scepter Tube there are no malfunctions to report. You read all the positive features of Scepter Tube during the review. So now I pass to describe my Vaping test ...

• 0.5Ω S-Coil:
    For this Test I used a composition VG / PG 50-50 with Colonel Custard aroma, so after initializing the resistance I selected the lower of the two power options available for this resistance which is 18W. From the very first Puff the flavor was quite faithful and clean with a surprisingly high vapor production, more than I expected from such a small Coil, but perhaps this is no wonder as the S-Coils are one of the pride of Innokin for its Pods devices. With the air flow fully open, the resistance therefore offers excellent performance in RDL, closing the air flow gives a precise adjustment without drafts, with a decisive increase in Hit even with low concentration of boost in the liquid. So we don't get a real Puff MTL, but we get an open, strong and gritty MTL, characterized by an increase in steam heat accompanied by a very good flavor and in line with the best characteristics of the creamy eliquid I used. For those who want to try, another narrower bore drip tip could give even better results in MTL-Mode, in combination with tobacco e-liquid and higher resistive value S-coil.

The formation of condensation is sporadic, but it is completely manageable by drying the compartment / pod at the end of the day. There are no spitting phenomena even after a few days of using the same coil. The Puff is sufficiently quiet and with every degree of opening of the AFC.

► Innokin Scepter Tube: PRO
    • 100% recyclable packaging
    • Simple and easy to use device
    • Attractive appearance and comfortable size
    • Replaceable 510 Drip Tip
    • Top Cap with quick sliding opening
    • Refill from the top
    • Two selectable power levels
    • Fully adjustable RDL / MTL airflow
    • Colorful and precise LED indications
    • Excellent performance of the 0.5Ω Scepter Coil
    • Type C charging port, with "Pass through" vape possible while charging
    • 1300mAh internal battery

► Innokin Scepter Tube: TIPS:
    • The fill port gasket is not self sealing

Thanks to Innokin for sending me these samples for review.
    https://www.innokin.com/Scepter-Tube
    Thanks for reading.

Innokin-Sceptre-Tube-Pod-Kit-16.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread