Innokin SVD - For those who have it, gimme the Good, Bad And Ungly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceApe

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

thefullhonkey

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I'm a big fan, for the cost (especially if you get it from FT) it really over delivers. So far the only cons that I've noticed are:
1) It's big. Really big. As in, it's too conspicuous for me to use anywhere but at home. I knew that going in though, so it's all good.
2) The three clicks on/off doesn't like it when you click to quickly. I'm a bit of a turbo clicker, so I have to remind myself to slow down. 3) Screen is oriented sideways when held in a the standard vape position. If you change settings a lot, it's a pain in the ..... Again, I knew this going in, and since I'm the "set it and forget it" type, this is effectively a non-issue. I only have to change settings if my standard resistance heads are out of stock and my local and I have to buy 1.8ohm heads instead.

These are all pretty minor. Everything else is fabulous in my opinion. I've been vaping it steady every night and loving it.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I enjoy my SVD. The only issue I have that in x350 the device practically eats the battery alive. Meaning a x350 just doesn't last long. I have a feeling the circuit just uses a lot of power. My panny 2900pds don't last as long as I was hoping they would last.

The heft of it the look of it everything else about it, I like.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
The best mod Ive used in this form factor with the exception of my Provari's.

There are so many good things about it, that I will give you thre bad.

Its a bit of a battery eater. Thats the only drawback to me.

There are two at my house that get used everyday by other family members for the past 8 months give or take. Built like a rock. You will find very few complaints about them in these forums.

Rin

Jul 27, 2010
MS, USA
Pros:
* Stainless steel
* Good threading on the 510 connector (haven't tried the eGo threads)
* Pin hasn't really "stuck" for me yet
* Fits all standard batteries
* Easy to use button setup
* Ohm readings have been fairly accurate when tested against a multimeter
* Performance doesn't really suffer until you get <3.7V regardless of what wattage/voltage you use
* Power button feels well made, has a nice snap to it

Cons:
* If juice gets down near the pin it's a PAIN to clean because of the spring
* Threading on the battery sleeve could be better (I use Loctite Blue 242 thread locker to prevent wiggle)
* Sometimes the pin can slide on the spring and you don't get a great connection with some RDAs/RBAs, just wiggle pin to fix
* Side buttons can get a little loose over time and wiggle, though it hasn't become an issue for me yet

Overall I'd give it a solid 4.5/5.0, I've really enjoyed owning mine. For the price you can't really go wrong in my opinion. Also I've heard people say it's heavy, but honestly I don't have an issue with it.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
SVD was my first mod, so I don't have a lot to compare to - but I did just get a VAMO (traded my stick batteries for it!!) so here's a few things I've noted:

- SVD is everything I hoped it would be. Good quality, no surprises, seems built solid, easy to learn the "menu", smooth threads, looks cool, took a couple "knock-overs" without a scratch.

- Note - it takes 18650, 18500, 18490, 18350...

- Now that I can compare - here are a couple things:
a) I DO get the "rattlesnake" sound people have described, being attributed to the cycle speed or something - but it seems a little more pronounced with the VAMO than with the SVD
b) The SVD does not allow proper airflow with my T3's. I think the 510 thread is "longer" and it just cuts them off...
c) The VAMO though, is hinky with a ProTank - space above the collar, and you either have no support, or it's crooked, or you use a beauty ring, but that'll be a PITA if I want to switch to a different tank, etc. Just not gonna do it.
d) The SVD on the other hand, is PERFECT with a ProTank.
d) They both are fine with ProTank Mini's and EVODs.
(note - so I'm just using my ProTanks on SVD, and T3's on the VAMO, and all is good)

VetSGT

Destroyer of Mods
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
kansas
Well good device rather solid, nice form factor. Bad my side buttons plating wore off, so they appear to be brass, plating around screen is wearing down which I think it is copper. Top is press fit in so can come out, easy fix though. I am a destroyer of mods. Otherwise great little mod.

Last edited:

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
The good:
It takes 18340, 18490, 18500, and 18650
The menu is easy to use. No scrolling through menus to get what you want.
You can flush mount.
It vapes great!
The bad:
Sometimes when I hold the button it registers as three clicks and shuts off.
The telescoping tube can be a bit sharp.
Some people report decreased battery life compared to other mods.
The ugly:
Its big and ugly! Relatively of course.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I see a lot of people talk about the size. It is not really any wider than most other PV's that use 18000 series batteries. It may be just a tad taller though.

Its big and ugly! Relatively of course.
Ugly? This is the PV of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or as random as a Vamo, but a more elegant PV for a more civilized age.

Yeah I agree with retired1 on the looks. I have been debating on modifying my SVD to look more like this...it wouldn't take much:
z641.jpg

oh u mad

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
cali
horrible build quality, ordered one from fasttech and had misfire issues...not to mention the high pitched metal squeal when telescoping due to the low quality threading, sends chills up your spine.... and it's notorious for the buttons to stick. but then again it's only $30. and my first pv was the provari so i may be biased.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Are you kidding? You get a light saber and mod it!

That is interesting but it can only use a tiny battery compared to an 18650 so very short battery life, and that thing is HUGE. On the other hand you can add the black fins to the bottom part of the SVD and the top ring in place of the "beauty ring" and it will be pretty close while keeping all of the features of the SVD.

SpaceApe

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread