hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome. I’m really excited to be back with you for another review for innokin. I was sent the innokin Trine by Innokin in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The Trine is truly an innovative design in a world of a million similar pod devices. Innokin designed the 3 in 1 structure for the Trine in an effort to continue their work towards making things more easily recycled and trying to create less waste.

The Trine has a 1000mah battery capacity with an output range of 6-25 watts. The battery is replaceable and the kit even comes with a spare battery that can be quickly changed by the user. The Trine comes with a .6 and .8 ohm pod. Each has a 2ml liquid capacity. There is a third resistance pod available which is 1.2 ohms and Innokin was nice enough to include one of these for the review. I did find it odd that there is only one pod per box.

5WbI02T.jpeg

ZyCYHvK.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1pc Innokin Trine Kit

1pc .6 ohm Trine Pod

1pc Spare Trine battery

1pc Spare .8 ohm Vcap pod

1pc User Manual

SPECIFICATIONS:

uqNlWlB.jpeg

FEATURES:

•3-in-1 Vaping for Sustainability
    •Powered by Eco Drain™, the First Eco-Safe Battery Recycling Solution
    •3 Pod Variants for a Tailored Experience
    •Enhanced Flavour Experience
    •Compatible with Freebase and Nic Salt E-liquids
    •Leak-Proof Top Refills
    •Extended 1000mAh All-day Performance
    •Fine-Tuned 6-25W Power Control
    •Accurate Airflow Adjustment
    •OLED Precision at a Glance
    •Dual Activation Options

0eM3hVR.jpeg

Ny3ISin.jpeg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Trine is very familiar. Innokin has stayed with the recyclable materials for not only the box but with all of the packing and accessory pouches. The front of the box has a lot going on. There are of course the Innokin and Trine names printed on the front. They also make mention of the 3 in 1 ABC solution as well as a list of features. The large warning message is on the front and back of the box. The back side of the box has a contents list, company information, and authenticity code. Once the label is cut on one side the box top flips open to show the Trine device with the .6 ohm pod pre-installed. The accessories are located under the cardboard insert holding the device. There is a second pod rated at .8 ohms included. As you can see in the second picture, I was sent two samples for the review. Innokin was also nice enough to include a third pod that can be purchased separately which is rated at 1.2 ohms.

1712452614159.png

1712452648787.png

1712452671235.png

I thought it is really nice that the pods for the Trine are clear so it is very easy to see the liquid level. Another nice feature is that the rubber insert in each pod has a different color depending on the coil resistance. The third element that makes this pod great in my opinion is that it is in fact a true top fill pod. In the third picture below you can see that the mouthpiece pops off to expose a fill hole on one end with a white ring around it. On the opposite end is the vent hole that allows air to escape while filling. The bottom of the pod has two magnets that hold the pod into the Trine very securely.

w5LcPXn.jpeg

1712452764474.png

1712452785935.png

1712452804406.png

The front of the Trine has the name etched on it near the bottom. Above that is the display screen that has the fire/ function button in the center below the display. The display shows the set wattage, battery level indicator, coil resistance, and output voltage. When a puff is taken or the button is pressed then it temporarily shows the length of the current puff. As far as I can tell, the Trine does not have a puff counter. The Trine is a pretty simple device. There are really only two functions. First of all is to press the fire button 3X to turn on/off the device. Second is to press the fire button 2X to change the output in .5 watts increments. The Trine can be button fired or used in auto fire. There isn’t a way to lock the fire button and only use auto fire.

1712452876848.png

1712452899634.png

The Trine has the USB-C charging port on one side and the sliding airflow control on the opposite side. I have to give kudos to Innokin for their ingenuity in designing the Trine. The feature that stands out the most to me is the 1000mah battery. The rating itself is not really impressive but what is impressive is that the battery is replaceable. There is a pinch point on each side of the bottom of the Trine that is part of the battery. Simply squeeze both tabs simultaneously and slide the battery out. There is even a second battery included with the Trine. However, there isn’t a way to charge the battery except to charge it inside the Trine so if you want to carry a spare fully charged battery then you will need to plan ahead to charge it. That being said, it is still a really awesome design. I wouldn’t be surprised to see an external charger for the batteries in the future but that is just a guess. One more feature is where Innokin has stayed with the recycling theme and the Trine has an EcoDrain feature. This feature discharges the battery for recycling. This is accomplished by having the Trine powered off and then connecting it to a charger. Press the fire button 10X and the battery will quickly discharge and a recycling symbol will appear on the screen when it’s done.

1712452955573.png

1712452985238.png

There are three contacts on the bottom of the battery but only two contacts inside the battery opening on the Trine. I believe this is so that the battery can be inserted either way and still make contact with the pins inside the Trine. The Innokin name is on the bottom of each battery with a really cool design.

Z9P32Tb.jpeg

XGhciT7.jpeg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have to say that I am truly impressed with the Innokin Trine pod system. To not only be designed with a replaceable battery but then to include a second battery in the kit is fantastic. I did notice that there is not a USB-C charging cable included in the kit but at this point, who doesn’t have a few dozen of them lying around. It’s a small sacrifice to have a second 1000mah battery included. Not only this but also it comes with two awesome top fill pods. There is also a third pod option available at 1.2 ohms to cater to the MTL crowd.

I started out with the .6 ohm pod filled with a mango cookie recipe that I’ve used before and really enjoy. I started out lower to break the coil in and worked my way up to 22 watts with the airflow tightened down a little for a very nice RDL vape. The flavor and vapor production was very good and only took less than half a pod to break in the coil.

Next up I tried the .8 ohm pod. I was very appreciative that Innokin had put forth the effort to make the insert in each pod a different color so it’s very easy to tell which pod you are filling and using. This time I used the same mango liquid as before so I could compare it with the first pod. I tightened the airflow a little more and got a really nice loose MTL. I normally use .8 ohm pods in pod devices and this one was really impressive with the flavor production while still producing a nice amount of flavor at 14.5 watts.

Finally, I tried the optional 1.2 ohm VCAP pod that Innokin was nice enough to include with the samples for my review. When I go this high on resistance I usually go with a NET tobacco mix that I make at a little higher nicotine strength. I normally don’t care much for higher resistance pods but the flavor produced was exceptional while still producing a respectable amount of vapor. I’m still using this one.

During the couple week period of testing these three pods, I had no signs of leaking or condensation. This includes the two that were sitting unused while I tested the third one. To me, Innokin hit a home run with these pods. No leaking and top fill is a win in my book.

I’d like to thank Innokin and Alisa for sending the Innokin Trine kits for this review. It has been a pleasure. Thanks as always to the readers. Below is a link to the website for your viewing pleasure.

Trine - Vape Pod | INNOKIN®
    udcVuEd.jpg

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Reactions: Frenkyou

Kat56

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    SC
    Hello and welcome. I’m really excited to be back with you for another review for Innokin. I was sent the Innokin Trine by Innokin in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The Trine is truly an innovative design in a world of a million similar pod devices. Innokin designed the 3 in 1 structure for the Trine in an effort to continue their work towards making things more easily recycled and trying to create less waste.

The Trine has a 1000mah battery capacity with an output range of 6-25 watts. The battery is replaceable and the kit even comes with a spare battery that can be quickly changed by the user. The Trine comes with a .6 and .8 ohm pod. Each has a 2ml liquid capacity. There is a third resistance pod available which is 1.2 ohms and Innokin was nice enough to include one of these for the review. I did find it odd that there is only one pod per box.

5WbI02T.jpeg

ZyCYHvK.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1pc Innokin Trine Kit

1pc .6 ohm Trine Pod

1pc Spare Trine battery

1pc Spare .8 ohm Vcap pod

1pc User Manual

SPECIFICATIONS:

uqNlWlB.jpeg

FEATURES:

•3-in-1 Vaping for Sustainability