Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Colburn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Marlborough, MA, USA
Howdy folks!

So, I've had my VRT for a couple months now, and I'm loving the heck out of it. I hate to say it, but it's replaced my ProVari as my go-to mod. Lately, though, I've had a small issue. The latch to the battery door has become very hard to slide. I can't slide it with my finger anymore. It's gotten to the point where I need to wedge a screwdriver next to the latch and twist.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions? I have a theory, which I'd like to substantiate sometime soon. I think leaked juice has leaked down through the atty connector and down to the battery door, gumming up the latch. I need to get the right torx driver to get that bottom plate off and check.

Other points of note, despite all the reviewers I saw talking about the twisty (and slightly rattly) battery connector, mine seems to be quite firmly attached to the body. No spinning tanks. Maybe that's just something about the green ones? I'm not really complaining, mind you, just thought it was odd.

Peace!

DJ Colburn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Marlborough, MA, USA
Fixed it! Got myself a torx driver and pulled the bottom off. There was juice that had leaked down through the atomizer connection, down into the mod, gumming up the battery door release. I ended up cleaning it out with some rubbing alcohol, and -- since there's a TON of unused space in there -- stuffing paper towel up under the atomizer connection to soak up future drippies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread