Insight needed for first mech order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearded Ninja

Jun 1, 2014
United States
I plan to place my first mech order from Eciggity and was just looking for some insight, tips, or things to look out for with my choice.

I've set my mind on the Black Copper Stingray clone from hcigar. I love the look of this mod and from what I've read its a great performer.

I've also decided to top it with a TOBH black rba. I'll be looking to build around .4 ohms to start. No lower than .3.

I've chosen the purple efest 18650 35a batteries along with the efest LUC charger. I feel I should get the vct5's and a nitecore i2 but the Sony's are out of stock. I have an odd issue where I prefer to get everything from one place if possible.

Anyway, does anyone see any issues or can you at least assure me this would be decent gear to sub ohm with? I've done TONS of research over the past month or so about battery safety and such. I've also spent some time on a friends panzer clone to get familiar.

Sorry for the many paragraphs. Thanks in advance.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
So be gentle on the switch? What's the reason behind this? Do they indent easier then the Sony's?

I think what v1king means is that you don't want to push them very hard in the sense that you don't want to take them to their amp limit.....although I've heard that the purple efest 35a batteries are supposed to just be repackaged Sony's, which have a 30a limit. At .4 ohms you should be OK....

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Thanks for the reply and the clarification. I will be sure to use them based on a 30 amp limit then. I'm pretty excited to get into the world of mechs. Even more so to stay off of smokes for so long. Thanks again guys!

Yeah man mechanical mods are a lot of fun to play with, but safety is paramount with them as there is ZERO protection. So as long as you know the limits of your battery and know how to build an atty that will play nice with the battery limits then you should be good to go. Just make absolutely sure that you have no shorts......as long as you have some sort of meter that can tell you this (and the resistance of your build) then you should be all set....have fun! :)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I plan to place my first mech order from Eciggity and was just looking for some insight, tips, or things to look out for with my choice.

I've set my mind on the Black Copper Stingray clone from Hcigar. I love the look of this mod and from what I've read its a great performer.

I've also decided to top it with a TOBH black rba. I'll be looking to build around .4 ohms to start. No lower than .3.

I've chosen the purple efest 18650 35a batteries along with the efest LUC charger. I feel I should get the vct5's and a nitecore i2 but the Sony's are out of stock. I have an odd issue where I prefer to get everything from one place if possible.

Anyway, does anyone see any issues or can you at least assure me this would be decent gear to sub ohm with? I've done TONS of research over the past month or so about battery safety and such. I've also spent some time on a friends panzer clone to get familiar.

Sorry for the many paragraphs. Thanks in advance.

The ohms you end up with depends on the kanthal gauge and whether it is single coil or multicoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread