Intestinal effects of switching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any kind of effect (or lack thereof) regarding ulcerative colitis and switching to e-cigs. I used to hear that it was the nicotine which kept UC symptoms down but lately have been hearing that there is evidence suggesting it might have to do with C02 or some other aspect of smoking. I was told a couple years ago that I have severe ulcerative colitis or, given how commonly it is misdiagnosed, crohn's (the docs admitted they can't be certain which it is) so I am very curious about this. The two react very differently to smoking so reactions could conceivably give a clue one way or the other, I'd think.

In fact, would it be too odd or icky for me to ask what, if any, differences anyone has noted in regards to the operation of their intestines after switching to e-cigs? I know I've run across some mentions of increased gas.

booboo

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
San Diego, CA
Well, I have IBS, which isn't the same, I know; but in terms of intestinal effects, I haven't noticed anything major. Maybe a little more constipation or slower motility. The only bothersome GI symptom I've had is acid reflux/heartburn (which I've never had before in my life). But I assume it happens when I accidentally swallow juice....problem is remedied with Zantac or Lactaid (for some reason), and if you feel juice in your mouth, spit it out, don't swallow, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread