Introducing....Riker

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Here's a low quality image of my first REO I dub Riker ("Riker" - #1). Simple, black anodized Grand.

This grand was acquired 2nd hand and I am really loving the simplicity of it. I initially tried it with standard attys such as lr 510's and lr 306's and while the vape was ok, it wasn't going to overthrow my Provari with GP Spheroid.

That changed with the arrival 2 days ago of my Vicious Ant BF Cyclone. It, along with inspiration from our very own super_x_drifter, pdib and statistic making some sweet micro coils have me in a cloud of vaping bliss. I'm doing 9 wraps of 28 awg kanthal around a 1/16" drill bit for around 1.2 ohms. Glad I got it and glad that I get it :).

Carry on.

ea3362d0-d490-4dec-8770-eeb35ee98e40_zps9cb64681.jpg

Last edited:

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Thanks again everyone. Yes I can see an RM2 in my future. Also envision a Mini 2.1 and a VVG though it'll probably be awhile yet.

Obviously my next observation is well known by REO owners, but I must say, I'm loving the fact that I can fill my bottle and only carry an extra battery and a cotton ball. As others have mentioned - what to do with all the time I'm not spending getting my daily vape together? :)

I have a question. If anyone has an opinion, please share. I notice that the plain anodized Grand can be a bit "slippery". Short of getting a wrinkled finish (which #2 will definitely have), any ideas for a solution that allows for a bit of grip? I was thinking of just putting a black rubber band around it but that doesn't seem like an appealing aesthetic. Another idea was to spray it with some Rustoleum textured spray paint, might look fine but I'm not sure how well it would adhere to the anodized finish. I could be happy with leaving it how it is but I'm curious of any solutions the think tank here may have.

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
Here's a low quality image of my first REO I dub Riker ("Riker" - #1). Simple, black anodized Grand.

This grand was acquired 2nd hand and I am really loving the simplicity of it. I initially tried it with standard attys such as lr 510's and lr 306's and while the vape was ok, it wasn't going to overthrow my Provari with GP Spheroid.

That changed with the arrival 2 days ago of my Vicious Ant BF Cyclone. It, along with inspiration from our very own super_x_drifter, pdib and statistic making some sweet micro coils have me in a cloud of vaping bliss. I'm doing 9 wraps of 28 awg kanthal around a 1/16" drill bit for around 1.2 ohms. Glad I got it and glad that I get it :).

Carry on.

ea3362d0-d490-4dec-8770-eeb35ee98e40_zps9cb64681.jpg

Kick auyss, mang! Glad you got it, and glad you get it. Welcome to REOville ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread