Introduction/ New Member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all!
Just wanted to give a big shout out to you guys. I'm relatively new to vaping but I love it. I use a simple ego system with a manual battery. I may eventually switch to an automatic battery but until I learn the ropes this system works for me. I'm retired and live on a fixed income so I'm not into spending a lot of money until I know what I'm buying. I've been vaping for a month now and it was a lifesaver. After being an ex-smoker for 5 years I was about to start smoking cigarettes again. This vaping is much easier on my lungs, in the lack of smell and the price.

I look forward to learning a lot from you guys and sharing what I now with the newbies to come.

BTW: I'm Thomas and I live in San Francisco

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Welcome to ECF. I posted in your other thread about what to do before you upgrade your setup. Do your reading and research here on what is available and watch a whole lot of Youtube videos. It is real easy to spend more money than you have to. You need to decide what will be right for you. You can do this and stay cigarette free for not a lot of money.

I use Vision Spinners and Evods and Joye 510 attys to drip juice into. Pretty inexpensive and you can change the heads on the Evods and even rebuild the heads to save money. There are lots of youtube videos on how to do this.

You can also DIY your eliquid. Many people here do this and it makes it very cheap to vape. This way you can explore a lot of different flavors for pennies on the dollar. Check out the DIY liquids forum here.

Take your time and do a lot of reading. Real easy to spend a lot of money if you get caught up in all the hype and excitement. Many people turn this into a hobby.

Good luck to you and glad to have you here. And keep asking questions.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
Welcome! Nice to meet you. You don't need to spend a lot of money to get a great vape. In fact, the longer you spend gaining experience with your first rig, the better. You can get a great vape with a rig that'll cost you less than $50, easy. Also, if you are a tinkerer, you can even make your own juice, saving even more. Don't be in a rush to upgrade if your current rig is working for you. Good luck and have fun!

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Hello and welcome to ECF. As you've discovered, an eGo sized personal vaporizer (PV) is all you need to stay off tobacco. It's good to have two--one to vape while the other is charging as well as to act as a backup in the event of a loss or failure. They don't have to be exactly the same. The same goes for whatever juice delivery device you're using. Alternately using your primary and backup ensures you know both are working and extends their life. Hanging around here sure makes it tempting to upgrade. :) Good luck with your vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread