Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

beartard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Winter Haven, Florida, USA
Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I've been lurking here for a while but finally registered. I'm unusual in that I've never smoked before. I'm turning to snus and vaping to quit dipping US smokeless tobacco. It seemed economical since there are readily available minis at truckstops nearby. I picked up an njoy pro and a Mistic setup (since I bought refills for the other thinking it would fit the one.) I've enjoyed it so far. vaping is easier to be discreet at work as well, since I recently moved from construction to a more white-collar job.

Guess that's about it for now.

Acapella

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Georgia
Hi Bear! I'm new too. My brother has been using nicotine gum for a year since he gave up dipping but it seems like he spends a fortune buying enough gum to keep him going. He used dipping to get off cigarettes so I'm not sure how he would feel about vaping. But it seems that once you buy the gear to get started this is not going to cost as much at that gum does. Best of luck to you!

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
By the way, thanks to this forum, I'm not freaked out anymore. I thought I was doing the equivalent of smoking 2 packs a day to fight cravings...then I read that the manufacturers' estimates aren't to be trusted. ;)

IMHO - Definitely not to be trusted, purely sales propaganda.

Another factor is the vast difference in nicotine absorption. Smokes are measured by their absorption (e.g. a Marlboro light delivers 1.2mg nicotine/smoke) so a pack delivers ~24mg nicotine (absorbed very quickly through the lungs). Vaping on the other hand lists the actual concentration on nicotine (e.g. 18mg/ml or 1.8% nicotine). The actual absorption of vaping nicotine is widely debated, but most sources put it somewhere around 40%-60%. So, 3.5ml of 18mg juice per day actually gives me less nicotine than my 1.5PAD habit did (3.5ml/day*18mg/ml*50% = 31.5mg/day vs 20 cigs/pack*1.5 packs/day*1.2 mg/cig = 36 mg/day).

(should probably add that standard cartos hold about 1.2ml)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread