Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericsting

May 24, 2010
IL
I just joined ECF but have been viewing for a while. Thought i'd sign up and introduce myself and give some background info as to why i started vaping.

So my name is eric and i had been a casual smoker for a while but quit about 3 years ago for several reasons

1. i got a job that requires travel a lot of travel (i'll explain more on that latter)
2. Smell, i didn't like smelling like cigarettes
3. Health

So being a traveler it basically is impossible to smoke
1. you can't smoke on airplane or in most airports
2. you cant smoke in the rental car
3. you can't smoke in the the hotel (a lot of hotels don't even have smoking rooms anymore and the whole building is smoke free)
4. Most states have banned smoking in restaurants, bars, and almost every public place you can think of. There are a few states that still allow it but its by far the minority.
5. Oh i almost forgot you can't bring a lighter through airport security so if you were going to try to smoke "on the road" you'd have to bring matches which i really don't like using.

so it really isn't practical to try to smoke when on the road so i quit but i started doing dip (which btw delta the airline i fly has now banned the use of smokeless products on airplanes as well).

Then about 3 months ago i stumbled upon this e-cig thing and thought hey that could work.

Did a bunch of research before getting a 510 because it seemed like there were too many personal preferences that went into the decision and i had no idea how i felt about any of them since i never vaped before.

Anyway at this point i figure this isn't some phase i'm going through and seems like i will prob be vaping for a while and decided to join up on the forums.

and if there is some frequent flyer smoker out there reading this you really need to switch for all the reasons listed above.

ericsting

May 24, 2010
IL
Seems to be working out fine but its hard to really know since i haven't used anything else. Sometimes i have problems after refilling the cart with new juice it doesn't hit as well. I haven't tried any mods or anything yet i'm probably going to try the teabag as a cart filler first i just need to figure out how to tell when the filler is no good and i haven't been able to actually find the pyramid bags in a local store yet but i figure i can probably find them in a store when i'm on the road.

do you have any mods that you would say are a must to try?

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
I think your on the right track with your 510 for now. I really like the blue filler material for my carts. They don't burn as easily and seem to release juice a little better.

One thing you may want to look into is cartomizers. They may be nice since you travel so much. I ordered my first cartomizers last night so I can't really give you first hand info on them right now lol.

If you enjoy vaping you should try higher voltage vaping at some point. It really is awesome the first time you vape at 5 and 6v. For now I would just enjoy the 510, its a great e cig.

ericsting

May 24, 2010
IL
I guess i would consider myself a casual vaper (if thats what a person that vapes is called?) as well since i got a starter kit with 5 pre-filled carts and 2 5ml sample bottles and after about a month i still have 3/4 of a bottle left. I think i read somewhere that on average some ppl are going through juice a lot faster than that. Any way i just ordered 2 30ml bottles which i guess would last me a long time so i hope i like the flavors. I just got clove and pistachio. The 2 samples i got were menthol which i didn't really like and vanilla which was just ok. I think i', going to like flavors a lot more than tobacco because i never liked the taste of cigs and i was a big fan of flavored hookah, its just a pain to have the huge device and starting coals all all that.

Btw i have tried pretty much every type of tobacco product cigs, cigars, pipe, dip, chew, snus, and hookah and now vaping. So if anyone has questions as to how it compares to something else i'll fill you in.

So far i think vaping is closest to the hookah because i feel like i can sit there and smoke/vape for hours at a time and the flavor.

I think the problem i have now is i want to try a lot of flavors but if a 30ml bottle is going to last me like 3 months its going to take a long time to get through the flavors i want to try before deciding on "go to" / favs. But i have been on the road this whole month and i mostly only vape in the hotel or in the car. This week i'm at home and i tend to vape all day at home so i might start going through it faster now. I'll see how it goes.

quick question i don't know a whole lot about the difference between cartomizers and attys so i was wondering what you meant by
One thing you may want to look into is cartomizers. They may be nice since you travel so much.

like why would they be better for traveling?

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
A cartomizer is an atty and a cart all in one. They are about a buck each and considered disposable but can be refilled several times before thrown away. They hold a lot more juice than a cart so you will be able to drip or refill carts less while on the go.

Basically very cheap, low vaping downtime, and low maintainance since they are disposable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread