Introductions are in order, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
Hello, all! Thanks for letting me be part of this wonderful community!

First, let me get a little history on record...

I've been a PAD smoker for 23 years, since I was 16. First was Marlboro reds, then Winstons then Vanilla Cheyenne "little filtered cigars" (until they were banned, they were my absolute favorites!), lastly L&M's (100s). I've only managed to quit once (using "the patch", lol) and stayed smoke-free for 1.5 years. Fell into a dark, deep depression and re-embraced the damn deathsticks.

8 more years of L&M's 100s later, I was browsing one of those china websites peddling their uber-cheap wares, when I lighted upon the ASSA dual pack "health-e-cigarettes" for a little over $10 with 10 carts. I got suckered in by the "1 cart = a pack of cigs" line and found that 50 carts were about $15. I thought, well, *censored*-me! I gotta order these puppies! (Luckily, I had the common sense to not order the extra carts just yet).

I started Googlin' like crazy and reading about e-cigs and discovered this AWESOME site with all these friendly guys and gals and became literally enamored by the idea of vapin'! I read till my eyes bled, then, read some more. I couldn't wait for the cheapie e-cigs to get here! I went and ordered 30mls of vanilla e-juice (damn, I missed those Cheyennes) from another china site.

China shipping is excruciatingly slow, so I ordered a 510 kit from good ol' USofA, just to save what's left of my hair, lol. Also ordered some unflavored 50mg/ml nic juice to get in on the DIY action (got some Lorann Cheesecake that's *censored* amazing!!! -brief pause while I vape a sweet cheesecake tastin' cloud that obliterates my 23" monitor- heaven. . . OK, I'm back.

This forum has been key to my success. Cleared out the primer from atties - check! Carts are ADM-converted - check! (and boy am I loving this mod!), vape till the "dry" taste and -surprise- it's empty! GENIUS mod, I highly recommend it!

I've been analog-free for only 3 days now, but I just have that kind of feeling like I'm already free of them chains, ya'know?

So, sorry for the long post! THANK YOU ALL! My wife and kids are also VERY grateful!

P.S. The china cigs and juice are STILL not here! LOL

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
I've been analog-free for only 3 days now, but I just have that kind of feeling like I'm already free of them chains, ya'know?

Amazing how fast that feeling sets in with this method, isn't it? I've quit lots of times before - never had it 'feel' like this. I think we've found the right way - finally.

Congrats!

P1NkY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Planet Earth
Thanks again for the warm welcome, my fine, friendly forumites!

A little news flash... The 30ml "Vanilla" e-cigarette liquid (their description, certainly NOT mine!) finally arrived (3 weeks and 2 days later)!
It is only labeled "Vanilla" and another small label with the website on it (as IF I would reorder e-juice from them again, LOL).
Right away I noticed it contains maybe 20ml. It has LESS liquid than the unflavored I've been mixing for a couple of days now!
The description made NO mention of nicotine concentration or even if it contained nicotine. I dripped a couple of drops into the atty to test it and lemme tell ya, there's a LOT of it in there, damn! Hits like a cigar almost! Way too much IMO, I would have to dilute it some, IF...
The other important thing to note is... how can I put this... Does this really represent vanilla to them or something? I honestly have NO IDEA what the heck it tastes like! It's sorta pungent and weird tasting, like fermenting orange juice or maybe orange soda concentrate or something (I used to work at a certain soft drink bottling company) but it's still a looong ways off from anything vanilla-like!

Lesson learned: order e-juice from people who know about this stuff and clearly label their products with the contents; not from stores that sell laptops, cellphones, flipflops, hair dryers and all other things NOT related to vaping!

mist

Aug 6, 2011
TN
I wish that I would have found this place when I first started. I quit smoking and started vaping 5/30/11 and my husband did also. He works all the time so I was on my own to learn everything for the both of us. This forum has been great. I read and read on here for a few weeks before I joined. I wish I would have joined right away. I can say that I got some of the best advice ever on here. I was feeling bad physically and I read that PG and VG make you dehydrated. I have started drinking lots of water and am feeling better already. I was worried that vaping didnt agree with me. Drinking more water is something we all should do anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread