• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Invite Malaysian Suppliers to ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adlibudiman

Feb 19, 2010
Malaysia
Guys,

As you may know, ecig prices in Malaysia are sky high, these guys are out and their hungry for customers. What these suppliers may not know that any serious vapor in Malaysia would almost always resort to international suppliers cause lets face it, even with shipping costs its still cheaper. Plus most international suppliers got tons of stuff to sell.

I'm quite happy to see that some malaysian suppliers are now selling eGo kits. But i still think we're lacking in the varieties dept. People in the states have long started using ecigs with replaceable HV batts. I think its time for these suppliers to start selling em too.

What we (the customers) can do is to invite the suppliers to this Malaysian ECF Subforum, so that they can gauge better what their Malaysian customers want. Probably one or two suppliers are already active users in ECF but without a unified voice its impossible for them to survey the market. We have to tell them that they need us- the long term users-. They may be able to rake in new customers, but with the price their charging i doubt most of them would ever return for future supplies.

To get the ball rolling im going to send an email to Simply Torch and Big Vapors (or perhaps sms them :p). I see that we already have a mini list going on another thread. If you've decided to inform any suppliers you know to come join us here in the Subforum, please post the Suppliers name and the date you sent that email/sms here :D

Alvin Lim

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
They charging expensive because of the kiosk / shop monthly rental, and business is snail compare to analog cigarettes.

It's the same problem to other products such as clothing, shoe, bags, etc.

BTW.....there are many malaysians having lots of stocks on hand wish to resell, are they consider as suppliers?

Rgs,
Alvin

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
There are a couple of suppliers in Shenzhen who are more than happy to ship via regular mail....it's pretty reliable and costs a lot less than EMS....takes about 3 weeks to arrive. My friend's supplier doesn't charge extra for Paypal fees either. So it works out to be around $12 per 510 kit.....and $19.50 per Ego/Riva kit.

Just google: China e-cigarette supplier

You'll get a boatload of results. Some of them don't even require a minimum order quantity....you can actually just order 1 kit....just tell them you wanna test it out and see if it's up to par ;)

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
As far as I know, the tax for analogs is ridiculously high.....so that could be the reason why. The thing is, I didn't know that ecigs were now categorized as a tobacco product. If you don't have any juice with your order, can't you argue for them to tax the goods as electronics?

I've never had problems with shipments. Just tell your supplier to indicate that the package contains 510/Ego electronic parts. You're not lying and I can bet my liver and kidneys that the vast majority of our customs officials will have no idea what the heck a 510/Ego is.

Having said that, they are getting a little more informed about ecigs. That's the reason why I stick to mods these days. A standard box mod looks nothing like a traditional cig.....though the more fancy ones are starting to resemble detonators :p

choipadu

Aug 1, 2010
Malaysia
i highly doubt the customs officials don't know about 510's or eGo... maybe they don't know the names but they definitely know an e-cig when they see one.

As for the tax, I'd rather they tax it like analogs rather than banning them like our neighbors..my friends said the e-cig was already on the local news a few weeks ago.. you know.. about them being more hazardous than the analogs. Anyone seen the news? Better not be reasons for the gov to ban them.

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
Thanks for the link Alvin.

It's really a load of nonsense that echoes the same silly argument all these naysayers have been using..."there isn't enough research to qualify the safety of e-cigarettes....therefore they must be banned."

If they really want to use that argument, shouldn't analogs be banned with immediate effect? There is PLENTY of evidence to show how dangerous they are....thousands die every year as a direct result of cigarette-smoking. They are proven to be dangerous and therefore if we are to follow the logic of these 'experts', analogs should be banned immediately. But they won't and it's simply because of the amount of money they receive in tax.

The government already has inroads into all the big tobacco companies.....but they'll have a much harder time regulating ecigs because of all the small companies that will inevitably run under the radar. They know that if ecigs explode on the market, it'll eat into their tobacco tax revenues. IMHO, that is what they are most afraid of.

Don't patronize us by saying that the government is concerned for our health.

Alvin Lim

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
yea, everyone knows that, but what can we do? gather and protest? i don't think we dare....it will be worst, showing threat to city will give them more excuses to ban it. Then what? let them proceed with their bans without obstacles and we all go back to analog cigarettes? the war already lost in Singapore, Australia, etc.....haiz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread