ipv 3 worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village_DIYer

Jun 18, 2015
My friend offered to sell me his ipv 3 150watt, for $60. Is this a good deal? It's the one with the screws not the new updated one. I know I personally wont even need to go much past 70watts but figure this may still be a good deal. I want to be able to use some new RDAs and RTA's and a few sub ohm tanks. And I want to blow massive clouds! Is a used ipv 3 150watt worth $60? How much are they still retailing for? I've seen prices all over the board, just wondering if anyone has a solid idea about the average price now that it's a bit older. Thanks guys. Should I buy a used 150watt ipv 3 for $60??

Reactions: sd3614

IXIShogunR1

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2014
VA
are you getting batteries with it?

just doing a quick search.... IPV3 LI (new) is $80-120 and a IPV3 (old) is looking like $80-$130, so i would say yes its a good price
as long as its not beat up and in good condition then the price sounds pretty good.... if you get that with batteries at that price, then its a steal

as far as the device, i've had one since release and its been a tank. no issues with it at all, always works when i pick it up
i'd say go for it, awesome device and i love mine........ love it so much i got an IPV3 LI as well, and still use my original IPV3 every day

Reactions: Village_DIYer

Village_DIYer

Jun 18, 2015
are you getting batteries with it?

just doing a quick search.... IPV3 LI (new) is $80-120 and a IPV3 (old) is looking like $80-$130, so i would say yes its a good price
as long as its not beat up and in good condition then the price sounds pretty good.... if you get that with batteries at that price, then its a steal

as far as the device, i've had one since release and its been a tank. no issues with it at all, always works when i pick it up
i'd say go for it, awesome device and i love mine........ love it so much i got an IPV3 LI as well, and still use my original IPV3 every day
No batteries :( lol, and I noticed after looking around local shops in the city (Toronto) some stores are still trying to sell them for around $140 CAD?? lol, I notice in the states there around $100.. lol

Village_DIYer

Jun 18, 2015
You can get a new sig 150 for 66.00 from wake and vape dot com. Cannot go wrong. Check them on facebook.

Pick up an Arctic, Herakles, Starre or Maganus tank with it and be blown away. She usually adds them for 20 and Samsung 25r batts are perfect.

Good luck
Problem is I live in Canada, so if I order the sig for $66 after conversion,taxes, delivery, duties, shipping, etc.. it would be more like $110, that's why I rarely order anything from the states, although my thinking might be off, I just had bad experiences ordering some things online from the states, I sometimes forget that nice new item I was checking out is in USD not CAD, and that $40 price tag I was looking at will turn into $100 after all is said and done. Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
Problem is I live in Canada, so if I order the sig for $66 after conversion,taxes, delivery, duties, shipping, etc.. it would be more like $110, that's why I rarely order anything from the states, although my thinking might be off, I just had bad experiences ordering some things online from the states, I sometimes forget that nice new item I was checking out is in USD not CAD, and that $40 price tag I was looking at will turn into $100 after all is said and done. Thanks for the suggestion tho :)

Just order 3, mark 2 up and sell them to pay for yours locally. Profiteer hahahaha

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
My friend offered to sell me his ipv 3 150watt, for $60. Is this a good deal? It's the one with the screws not the new updated one. I know I personally wont even need to go much past 70watts but figure this may still be a good deal. I want to be able to use some new RDAs and RTA's and a few sub ohm tanks. And I want to blow massive clouds! Is a used ipv 3 150watt worth $60? How much are they still retailing for? I've seen prices all over the board, just wondering if anyone has a solid idea about the average price now that it's a bit older. Thanks guys. Should I buy a used 150watt ipv 3 for $60??

IPV4 Mod 100w Black by Pioneer4You $79.99 <-- $80 and you DONT have to deal with screws, and trust me you dont want to, it is very very annoying

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
IPV3 LI can be had for $75-80, which is a bit nicer, temp control, magnets, more power, etc, I would say no at $60. Maybe if they threw in some new batteries for $60 it'd be worth it.

The IPV3 Li is a great suggestion - great mod with all the features available at this time (nickel and titanium TC, 200w max, touch sensor, magnetic door).

-Treeburner

I just updated my 2 day old ipv3 li with the 200watt and Ti firmware. It's the slide out door, ball spring model. Can confirm that the layer I have seen on many ipv4 is present.

XjCnMjv.jpg

edit: forgot to add, its amazing haha.

Village_DIYer

Jun 18, 2015
I just updated my 2 day old ipv3 li with the 200watt and Ti firmware. It's the slide out door, ball spring model. Can confirm that the layer I have seen on many ipv4 is present.

XjCnMjv.jpg

edit: forgot to add, its amazing haha.
I have the same layer on my ipv3? I almost removed it.. What is special about it? was it missing on other's? I have a older model ipv3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread