Status
Not open for further replies.

Arylcyclo

Feb 17, 2015
United States
Hey everyone, so I just picked up my first box mod, the ipv Mini 2. Overall the thing rips harder than any of my mech mod/rda setups. I am using the IPV with a Delta 2 sub tank I picked up aswell. Anyways, sorry to get off topic but does anyone know how durable these things are, I have had mine for a week and it has some scratches and such if you put it into the light. I still have the sticker over the screen that came when it was purchased, and have not dropped it yet, only had it fall over while standing up a few times. I purchased a rubber case off ebay that should be here within the week, however i was wondering if i should go back to my indestructible mech mods until my case comes in. Also to any IPV mini2 owners, how long has yours lasted? Do you have a case? Have you dropped it yet? If so is it still working fine?

Dash007

Mar 9, 2015
Hey everyone, so I just picked up my first box mod, the IPV Mini 2. Overall the thing rips harder than any of my mech mod/rda setups. I am using the IPV with a Delta 2 sub tank I picked up aswell. Anyways, sorry to get off topic but does anyone know how durable these things are, I have had mine for a week and it has some scratches and such if you put it into the light. I still have the sticker over the screen that came when it was purchased, and have not dropped it yet, only had it fall over while standing up a few times. I purchased a rubber case off ebay that should be here within the week, however i was wondering if i should go back to my indestructible mech mods until my case comes in. Also to any IPV mini2 owners, how long has yours lasted? Do you have a case? Have you dropped it yet? If so is it still working fine?

Been having mine for a couple of months.Dropped it several times.No damage yet.I have the silver finish.Heard the black finish comes off easily.No such problems with the silver.Still gonna get a glove for it.
I love mine.Eats thru batteries pretty quick,but I always have an extra so no big deal.

Reactions: Arylcyclo

Arylcyclo

Feb 17, 2015
United States
Been having mine for a couple of months.Dropped it several times.No damage yet.I have the silver finish.Heard the black finish comes off easily.No such problems with the silver.Still gonna get a glove for it.
I love mine.Eats thru batteries pretty quick,but I always have an extra so no big deal.

Dash, does something around the top on the inside of your ipv shake a little when the battery is removed?

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
The fire button on my IPVmini2 rattles both with and without a battery installed. Just hold yer finger on the button and give the mod a little shake to see if it goes away. If it's not the fire button and it only does it without a battery, could be a loose something or other inside, like the positive battery plate, or a connecting wire.....definitely worth a careful opening up to have a look see.

caboog78

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2015
Northwest, USA
I've had mine for about 2-3 months now, no case and just removed the little protective sticker from the screen this week. No rattling issues, but the block finish is showing wear already. I had read about the issues with the finish, but not until after I got mine... :) I've been fairly careful with it, and despite that it is scratched and chipped i a few places. Just a cosmetic thing, and I'll probably just get a wrap for it in a month or three, whenever it starts to irk me that it's looking a bit beat up.

Arylcyclo

Feb 17, 2015
United States
Thanks everyone for the replies, I just noticed that it is the fire button that is rattling a bit, did not realize it did it with the battery in as well. Anyways the device is great overall, it drains my vtc5s like no other but no big deal. Can't wait for my clear protective case comes in so I do not have to worry about anymore little scratches lol.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
My 1st one got seized by BVI Custom's officers in Tortola, it worked perfectly with no button rattle at all..a solid machine! When the black paint was 25% gone I just removed the rest and polished it up.
ILz5iqK.jpg

I was most kindly PIF'd a replacement by a most gracious ECF member who wishes to remain anonymous and the paint on that one is still perfect.
Also worth noting is that when the battery charge drops a bit, you can stick on yer Kayfun and have a few more hours from the same battery if that suits you. I like to maximize the potential of all my gear/s:thumbs::D

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
One bit of advice based on my IPV mini 30w, be careful with your 510. Do not adjust it with a screwdriver. The positive lead from the chip to the 510 came unsoldered on my IPV mini. The whole 510 connection is kinda press fit in there, so that's the one part of the mod I'd be most careful with. If your atty's center pin protrudes too far be careful. Just make sure not to push in the spring loaded 510 too far.

Jace75

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2015
Love mine, but avoid the black one unless you've got the talents and patience of the guy that's manage to polish his. It looks really really smart. Makes it look a million dollars, I would pay to have mine made to look that good makes you wonder why they don't sell that as one of their options. Used all different tanks including the delta 2 which I still think is the best all round tank available, at mo using the smoke vct pro with .2 coil lots of cloud at 66watts and all thought its at the higher end of its wattage range the ipv copes commendable

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I can't stop staring at what you've done. Please tell me what I'd need to do the same thing. I don't want hijack this thread but I really want to know how to make mine as shinny.

haha, you are most kind Jace75. I can tell you how you can do the same. The most difficult part may be removing all of the paint, sort of depends on how bad the paint job was to start with!

I removed the remaining paint by using the big nail on my thumb used for picking country music on my guitar for the most part. Then used alcohol on the few remaining stubborn remains, the most difficult area being the bevel around the 510.

Once all the paint is removed, clean again with alcohol and start polishing using the abrasive wadding material 'NEVR-DULL' which you may purchase at ACE or any hardware store, It takes maybe 3 times to achieve the high shine finish.

Good luck, vape on!

robertr

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Manitoba
My Mini needed a coat of paint long ago, finally after being dropped many times it quit working. I thought it was finished so I took it apart and found the 510 connector faulty, it lost it's connection when it was dropped last time. I took out the 510 connector and found black paint which must have broke the connection when I dropped it . This was a good time to install my 510 connector from Vari Tube. Some pics, my paint selection was limited. juicynoos yours looks great, next refinish.

P1000150 (558x800).jpg
P1000149 (800x771).jpg

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Robert, well done that man...I actually dig the orange paint; you're not a fan of Dutch football then?! I had a Vaporskinz wrap on order and had intended to use that rather than to paint but then it got swiped:mad:
Also liking that adapter, if mine busts I'll be breaking out the grinder and the drill.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread