IPV3 detecting ohms as half of what they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
So yeah, got my IPV3 yesterday at a B&M. I think I'm gonna take it back in today to see if they'll replace it (or fix it).

Anyone else with an IPV3 have this problem? It's detecting a .3 ohm coil when I know (I tested it on other devices/in an ohm reader) the coil is .6 ohms.

I've tried screwing the posts in more (loose posts usually result in 2x the ohms, not half), I've tried turning the IPV3 off/on, tried cleaning the 510 connection (it's brand new so it's not scuffed).. Dunno.

Last edited:

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Waiting to see where this goes

Me too lol.

I'm a bit bummed, but I'm hoping the vape shop will be willing to exchange it. I'd rather not have to go through Asmodus if I don't have to.

Edit:

It's worth mentioning though, the device performs fine. I realize it's probably not the safest thing in the world to use a device that's improperly reading ohms, but I'm not cranking it anywhere near 100w+ (that'd be too much for me anyway, for the most part). Firing at 60w (well, it says it's 60w, but I'm imagining it's closer to 40 or 50, because it doesn't realize that the coil is a higher resistance than it is.. I think) it's a great vape. Feels like a solid 4.2v.

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Oops, sorry lol.. It's hard to keep up with all these sub-forums.

Well, I have been trying to get them to just merge everything into one giant forum - PVs, Atomizers, Clearomizers, Liquids, DIY, Health Issues...but it seems they aren't having any of that.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Well, I have been trying to get them to just merge everything into one giant forum - PVs, Atomizers, Clearomizers, Liquids, DIY, Health Issues...but it seems they aren't having any of that.

I was gonna post a suggestion in the feedback/support section, but I've seen it said many many times. This forum definitely needs some consolidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread