Irritated beyond belief...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbeat

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
Magnolia, TX, USA
MadVapes, what's going on with the stock you carry?

5 SmokeTech 3.2 Cartos (stock #10376) ordered. How many worked? ZERO

I put 20 drops in all of them (what a waste of juice) and nothing. Just burned atomizer. Not a single one of them had juice reach the atomizer.

5 pack of Boge 2.0 Cartos (stock #10333) ordered. How many worked? ONE

1 Smoketech Manual USB Passthrough (stock #3059) ordered. It works but the button is already starting to get stuck and I haven't even used it for 8 hours yet.

Now on the cartos, I have to wonder if I'm doing something wrong, but I've been vaping a long time now so I don't think that's the case. Putting in enough juice to the point of it actually coming out the bottom tells me it's saturated, at which point I might get one or two good drags, but then it's back to burnt.

Now I know, ya'll don't make em, you just sell em. A big part of my brain knows that your not to blame for faulty cartos. However the rest of my brain is blaming ya'll for consistently carrying a bad product. I cannot be the only one dealing with these bad cartos. Nine bad ones out of 10?

I don't make a lot of money. It's one of the reasons I quit smoking and started vaping. Now I'm sitting here with 3 remaining cartos and no money to buy more until next week at which time I'll be lucky if they're in stock.

My 80 dollar passthrough finally broke after 4 years, so I need to send it off for repairs. I figured a 14 dollar passthru would get me by in the mean time. I read the reviews...some good some not so good, and went for it. I figured it would last at least a week or two till I got my old faithful back. I've used it off and on for about 5 hours now. Switch getting stuck. LOVELY!

I remember a time when I could count on MadVapes to carry products that worked the majority of the time. I never had issues like this before. And I'm a long time customer. Now am I REALLY this unlucky or are there problems out there with these cartos other then me?

Am I doing it wrong?

Insanely Frustrated,
Tonya

P.S. Sent this in as a ticket also.

P.P.S. Do you really need to methods of spam prevention on ticket submissions? :p

Last edited:

Wrainn

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Louisiana
www.bayouswampjuice.com
Tonya, this is just my two cents but when we started vaping a little over 2 years ago there wasn't all these mods to choose from and dang sure not all these vendors. Back then the companies didn't have so much competition that they could get the better stuff to sell at a decent price. Now it appears everyone is in it for the money and just don't care

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

everman7

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2011
Arizona
I've been a mv fan for over a year. I bought a ProVari almost 1 year ago and started DIY juice about 4 months ago. The only reason I need to hit vendors anymore is for cartos or some new shiny thing. MadVapes used to be my go-to vendor, but their lack of stock led me to find others.

I think the problem is not the vendors, but the competition Wrainn mentioned. Though I don't agree that everyone is in it for the money. I think what is happening is that vapers are flooding the market and everyone is trying to keep stocked. That makes the manufacturers lower their quality standards to make more product because it is selling so fast.

I don't care much for vendors taking all the blame for cheap chinese crap...unless it's wally-world.

sorry, just my :2c:

mattweed9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Pittsburgh PA
Agreed with Vendors getting crap for faulty products from China. I am sure if you contacted them, the business would gladly make it right. At least maybe before this post...

And I can relate to your fustrations. I have recieved bad products before when ordering on a budget. And it sucks when something is bad or not what I thought it would be. Took me a long time to find products I was happy with. And even now, I still get bad product. I honestly think it is quality control at these large China based plants that are to blame. With the number of Vapors increasing everyday, they are forced to push their production lines fast and harder to meet demands.

Moonbeat

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
Magnolia, TX, USA
Let's be clear. I am not blaming MV for badly made products. However, I would like to see MV and other vendors carry products that don't routinely go bad. You may not be responsible for bad manufacturing, but you are responsible for what's sold under your name. If it's a product that doesn't work a lot and gets lots of complaints, then maybe that product should not be carried and sold anymore. That was my point.

I'm just at a point right now where I'm not sure what to try next. I expect occasional bad items, just not a majority. I'm also putting in effort to learn how to better handle these cartos that can be ruined if you don't prime them just right.

I guess we could all learn something new.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Let's be clear. I am not blaming MV for badly made products. However, I would like to see MV and other vendors carry products that don't routinely go bad. You may not be responsible for bad manufacturing, but you are responsible for what's sold under your name. If it's a product that doesn't work a lot and gets lots of complaints, then maybe that product should not be carried and sold anymore.
You are talking about Smok and Boge cartos, two of the biggest and most sold ecig products.

Moonbeat

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
Magnolia, TX, USA
Ya know what? Fact is, like many others, I've spent a lot of money with MV. Odds are, I will spend a lot more. I've heaped tons of praise on MV over the last years and complained maybe twice. Each time MV has helped me out (this time included). However, by posting my problems here, I also get ideas and suggestions from other people.

What conclusion have I come to this time? Shockingly enough (read with heavy sarcasm), it might just be my fault. I'm going to try something new due to the suggesting of another forum member (which I never would of gotten if I hadn't complained).

Of course first I have to order more cartos, so I'm sticking with MV (cause I love them too much to stray) to see if this indeed my fault. If it turns out it is, I'll be sure to post my sincerest apology soon enough.

Don't hate when people complain. Sometimes people just need to vent out their frustrations. I'm glad I did, cause in the process I learned it might of just been me and my dumbass stuborness thinking I knew what I was doing just cause I've been vaping a long time....and learned some new info about cartos that I didn't know before.

Condom method....who knew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread