Is a 510/ego adaptor hard on the provari threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonies

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
in the cat toy aisle
Hi all,
When I ordered my first provari mini a few weeks ago, I included a 510/ego adaptor from Provape to use with a few EVODs I have. The first time I tried it I had a really hard time getting it to unscrew out again, which made me a little leary of even using it. I set it aside and kind of forgot about it but used it again this week end. It screwed in tough, but worked fine with the EVODs. I put a little Noalox on the threads of the adaptor with a q tip and wiped it off but still really a rough fit. I can't help but feel like this is not good for the threads in the provari. Did I maybe just get a funky one? I also ordered a couple of the ARO pyrex tanks thinking they would work with the adaptor but no go on that. Guess I'll use them on the few occasions I use my spinners. They're a nice little tank. Sometimes I just want quick and easy instead of filling a carto tank, but I suppose I should at least use my pro tank 2. Wouldn't want to do any damage to my first Provari. That would not be a good thing.:blush:

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
Same boat here. I got mine about month ago and it never did feel right from the beginning. I try to avoid using it at all.

Hi all,
When I ordered my first provari mini a few weeks ago, I included a 510/ego adaptor from Provape to use with a few EVODs I have. The first time I tried it I had a really hard time getting it to unscrew out again, which made me a little leary of even using it. I set it aside and kind of forgot about it but used it again this week end. It screwed in tough, but worked fine with the EVODs. I put a little Noalox on the threads of the adaptor with a q tip and wiped it off but still really a rough fit. I can't help but feel like this is not good for the threads in the provari. Did I maybe just get a funky one? I also ordered a couple of the ARO pyrex tanks thinking they would work with the adaptor but no go on that. Guess I'll use them on the few occasions I use my spinners. They're a nice little tank. Sometimes I just want quick and easy instead of filling a carto tank, but I suppose I should at least use my pro tank 2. Wouldn't want to do any damage to my first Provari. That would not be a good thing.:blush:

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Same boat here. I got mine about month ago and it never did feel right from the beginning. I try to avoid using it at all.

You should tell them. They will make it right.

Plus, they need to know there is a problem. Even though the ProVarinati see all, the folks at Provape require feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread