• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Is anyone else still struggling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
I am - it's a strength/flavor issue. Had to take the nic down to 8 and now working my way back up as 8 is way too low. Found a 20mg vg flavor and now I'm having trouble getting it - the larger bottles didn't taste anything like the smaller one (either that or the smaller bottle was mislabeled and I don't have a clue what was in there). I'm so close if I can get that flavor back.

Adja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Michigan
I am - it's a strength/flavor issue. Had to take the nic down to 8 and now working my way back up as 8 is way too low. Found a 20mg vg flavor and now I'm having trouble getting it - the larger bottles didn't taste anything like the smaller one (either that or the smaller bottle was mislabeled and I don't have a clue what was in there). I'm so close if I can get that flavor back.

Thanks for your reply! I was down to about 1/3 PAD of analogs, but i've been backsliding recently. I cough up a lung vaping anything over 12-18mg, but I am still craving the analogs. I am trying 5v right now to see if it helps. I dunno. Just frustrated today.

What flavor are you having trouble getting? Have you tried the PIF group? Someone there may be able to help!

MollieA

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
Santa Monica
I'm struggling.. I was doing great until we had a death in the family and I went through some horrid stress and anxiety. I've slid back to my old habits, although not as bad, only a half a pack a day. My life has been so chaotic that vaping no longer gets me through the day and night. I still vape, but the enthusiasm is gone for now. I've too much on my plate. At least I'm not smoking the pack and a half I used to-- but it is still a setback. Added to that, I'm disappointed with myself because I was down to two analogs a day.

I keep ordering new flavors and nic levels, trying to find something that will get me going again. Ordered WTA but it hasn't come yet. I've upped my nic level to 24. I was down to 8 before. Now, it's like starting all over again. I may monkey around with the nic levels a bit more and try some other flavor combos to see if that will help.

I can relate to your struggles. I'm going through it too. Yes, it's frustrating, but I keep telling myself it's a process. I just lack the will power to quit analogs completely until my life crisis crap ends. Hoping the new year will bring me success and for you too.

priorities

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2012
wherever my daydreams take me
Hi I assume this thread is sort of dying here....just wanted to come and wish you good luck with your troubles....take good care....and remember this is one fantastic place..FULL of caring people...I hope by now you have found that out and have gotten the help you all needed....have a great day all......!

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Am I still struggling?

Vaping, using e-cigs, or whatever you want to call it, is the only thing, ever, that has gotten me to reduce the 2 PAD habit. I don't cough up a lung every day, all day anymore. The coughing, as if I had bronchitis that never went away, started about 2 years ago. Then I read about Harm Reduction -- and found e-cigs:)

I've come to the conclusion that the reason I still smoke 2 to 4 cigarettes every day is because, evidently, I like holding a cigarette between my fingers. The exact hand to mouth motion and feeling of actually taking a drag on a real cigarette. Holding a PV the way we have to hold them, doesn't do it for me all day. I do chain vape almost all day but occasionally just have to put down my personal vaping device, go out and light up a real cigarette. It's a psychological, emotional, and physical addition that's been going on 40+ years!

I am pleased with the fact that I'm not smoking 2 PAD anymore and only a smoking a few cigarettes a day! I've found some good flavors that are made from naturally extracted tobacco and some e-liquids that are whole tobacco alkaloids.

The patch, gum, Chantix etc. were awful and none of them worked to quit or reduce smoking. None. The side effects were, by far, worse than anything else. I don't beat myself up about it anymore though.

Still struggling? Not so much:)

jorge330823

Nov 4, 2013
Am I still struggling?

Vaping, using e-cigs, or whatever you want to call it, is the only thing, ever, that has gotten me to reduce the 2 PAD habit. I don't cough up a lung every day, all day anymore. The coughing, as if I had bronchitis that never went away, started about 2 years ago. Then I read about Harm Reduction -- and found e-cigs:)

I've come to the conclusion that the reason I still smoke 2 to 4 cigarettes every day is because, evidently, I like holding a cigarette between my fingers. The exact hand to mouth motion and feeling of actually taking a drag on a real cigarette. Holding a PV the way we have to hold them, doesn't do it for me all day. I do chain vape almost all day but occasionally just have to put down my personal vaping device, go out and light up a real cigarette. It's a psychological, emotional, and physical addition that's been going on 40+ years!

I am pleased with the fact that I'm not smoking 2 PAD anymore and only a smoking a few cigarettes a day! I've found some good flavors that are made from naturally extracted tobacco and some e-liquids that are whole tobacco alkaloids.

The patch, gum, Chantix etc. were awful and none of them worked to quit or reduce smoking. None. The side effects were, by far, worse than anything else. I don't beat myself up about it anymore though.

Still struggling? Not so much:)

I read your post and I understand it 100% it sounds silly trying to tell a nonsmoker/nonvaper that its more than just a nicotine fix. For years it was what we as smokers turned to in any moment of stress, pleasure, frustration, etc. It was always there for us so to just grab them and throw them away is like throwing away a part of ourselves. May sound silly but thats my take on it. I no longer smoke analogs. On occasion ill have one to remind myself or in a moment of severe anxiety. My dad who was a 3PAD smoker for 35+ years has cut down to a little more than half a pack and he feels hes not struggling. I saw him get more frustrated when his protank ran out of juice then when he ran out of cigarettes later that same day. So progress in any way or form is better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread